Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Hudson, WI

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
22 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 771 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really enjoyed the aquatics management, the ability to advance in my position and overall friendliness of the patrons. I enjoyed the flexibility of the scheduling
Munkahelyi kultúra
I disliked working as a lifeguard at the YMCA very much. It was very bad management. The other lifeguards were very rude to co workers and visitors. I do not recommend it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Super fun environment to be a nurse. Triage on the go. Great energy and fun time packing all the kids up for their trail packs. Excellent summer experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Camp Counselors get to work with the kids all day, guiding them through teambuilding activities and teaching them about the outdoors. At times very stressful, but overall fun and rewarding.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The child care center is a fun and relaxing place to have a good time, if you like kids :) You color and play with the kids until they are picked up..
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a tiring job but very rewarding at the end of the day. The atmosphere here is contagious. Everyone loves being outside and around kids so you know you'll be supported by your team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall relaxed job, friendly staff, plus you get a free gym membership. Good way to connect with your community as well as gain communication and teamwork skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at The Y is an incredibly rewarding experience. To instruct and assist people young and old, from all walks of life, really brings perspective to one. To have a daily impact on someone's life with a simple smile or hello is an incredible bonus to working at The Y. Getting paid to have fun and make others smile is the best experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Simple work environment with middle school children after school. Helps you learn how to communicate with people in different age groups. Easy to work with and nice management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cinco estrellas a una empresa que se preocupa por dar el mayor beneficio a sus clientes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for Camp Saint Croix was amazing. I love working with children. It was a memorable experience. The pay wasn't the best but I didn't do it for the pay, I did it because I really wanted to work at a camp and be with children. It was a summer job, but I wish it was all year round.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a full-time/all-day job, but it was extremely rewarding and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in working at a summer camp. The staff is all very kind and they run a top-notch program for kids of all ages.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I absolutely love working at a YMCA camp year-round. I get to spend my time outdoors, teach classes, hang out with awesome people, and I love my boss and co-workers. My only frustration is that the pay is awful and there really aren't opportunities for advancement. That is why I only work on an occasional basis now and have a different full-time job with benefits. I can't leave it completely; I love it too much! But it just doesn't pay the bills.
Pro érvek
awesome place to work, free use of resources, great boss
bad pay, no advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned a lot about group communication skills, I also learned a lot about how to lead, and all of mu leadership skills.
Pro érvek
It was amazing to get paid to be outside and do a bunch of outdoors activities.
Kontra érvek
Working six days a week is really tiring after a whole summer with kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's one of the most impacting environments you can find. It's truly life changing and has given me many lifetime friends from all over the world. However, it tests what you are made of. You are put into situations that can break your heart and break your will. Often there is not enough time to fully train staff members so the first few weeks are a trial by fire. Most of the training happens during the job from more experienced staff members. Management has gotten better over the years and is generally laissez-faire.
Free Housing, Food, Beautiful Location, Exciting Activities and Great Staff
Terrible Pay, Long Hours and Short Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
great way to experience working with kids outdoors and learning survival skills. 24 hour 6 days a week co-living with kids in cabins. going on camping trails for days. coworkers are the best people you'll ever meet. great company overall.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management and staff were excellent to work with, I worked primarily around 9 am to 1 pm. There was always something to be done, outside of daily have to's.. Never had a problem besides the learning curve of new employment, lol..
Pro érvek
Could use facility features for free, like Yoga or cycling
Kontra érvek
lol, trying to keep the grounds free of liter, for some reason the wind in this area of Hudson, WI, was pretty strong.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a Youth Sports Director, I would teach and provide interest to young adolescents from the ages of 6 to 10 in sports. This job taught me what it is actually like being a father-figure to many of these kids, although I don't have any children, personally. A lot of these children looked up to me, and I'd have to say, that was the most enjoyable part of the job! The hardest part of the job would include the safety aspect on the job. Parents would provide me with their child/children to look after for sometimes up to 10 hours a day. That's a lot of trust and responsibility! Also, The co-workers and management affiliated with the St. Croix Valley YMCA we're absolutely wonderful. Getting to know some of my co-workers eventually built up to long time friendships.
Pro érvek
Building friendships, Seeing young children improve day by day in sports
Huge safety factor
Munkahelyi kultúra
My overall experience was awesome. I got to step out of my comfort zone and help members in many different ways. I got to help assign workouts for new members in the fitness center. Being able to guide somebody towards their goals is a great feeling. I learned you need to be very hands on and be able to fully explain to members what the exercise is doing and the importance of the exercise. I also got to help with a teens in training class. It was a four week class. I was able to guide the young teens on the appropriate ways to use equipment, benefits of certain exercises, and how to properly use techniques used for lifting. The hardest part of my job was getting the teens to understand the importance of use free weights, how to properly use the machines. I had an great mentor who gave me a lot of helpful tips of training. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the members and help them when need be.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a camp counselor changed my life in so many ways with the people I met and the experiences I had. Its not an easy job, but its very fun and very rewarding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed interacting with all the people, families and employees. I learned that you need to be understanding of peoples needs and that they can change everyday. I brought the center from 55 families up to 82 families when we opened our new addition. Scheduling was the hardest part because I had to find substitutes for staff when they were not able to work for illness or personal reasons. I loved getting to know the families and the children.
Pro érvek
Great people to work with.
Not enough substitutes.