YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Harrisburg, PA

21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 949 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I built an every lasting relationship with most of my co workers.
Front Desk Receptionist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2019, december 28.
I came there as a temp, from an agency then was asked to return.
I enjoyed my time there. Meeting all types of folk, all ages from similar and different backgrounds. Yet we all had 1 thing in common our like or love of the CC YMCA. I listened and learnt much there daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a good place to work.
House keeper (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2019, december 6.
The staff and management were friendly and nice. Pay was only minium wage 7.25 hr. Not bad for part-time job. East Shore YMCA was close enough for me to walk to work.
productive and challenging
Toddler room teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2019, február 18.
A typical day at the work place was very stressful but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Every morning we provide the children with breakfast and then transition into "circle time" which means we can sing songs, teach them things such as identifying shapes and reading books. Typically after that we have about 15-30 mins of play time and then we go outside to go on a walk if the weather allows us too. The days go smoothly for the most part but working with small children you just never really know how they are feeling. The management wasn't the best we had a lot of issues in that department especially with the lack of communication and understanding of certain situations; The work place culture was great, I never had a problem with any my co workers or parents. The environment was amazing. The hardest part about this job was the responsibility of the children, although I was very good at what I did it was a little intimidating to be responsible for many little kids at one time. Having to tend to their every need, helping them through situations they couldn't really understand was a little challenging.The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that those kids needed me every single day. They leaned on me to help them learn and understand things such as manners, love, and stress, The fact that I could be the one to show them the right things and educate them, help them build character was one of the best things that could happen to me.
Pro érvek
breaks were flexible, kids were awesome, employees were great and respectful
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
summary
Assistant Group Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2019, január 3.
Working there is good if you like being with parents and kids. The relationships are great with the children. I enjoyed working with the people at the Hbg YMCA better, because it is more organized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty good place to work but you don't do it for the money
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2018, augusztus 1.
These summer camps contain some really problematic kids but if you love influencing the next generation, it isn't about the money. These kids need good role models and the YMCA does a great job of choosing good people as the counselors.
Free snacks
Kontra érvek
You are exhausted by the end of your shift
Great Place to work
Pre-school Teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2018, március 12.
The management team is great. always there to assist. My co-workers are also great, easy going. helpful and reliable.A typical day at the Y is full of fun, working with the children is very awarding and can be a great learning experience.
Pro érvek
working with a great team
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for.
Chief Executive Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2017, július 18.
The YMCA is a great place to work. The YMCA will help you grow in your career. I love working for the YMCA and all that we do for the community. What an experience.
3,0
job durring college
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2017, július 18.
It wasn't a bad job to have while in school. the hours were not the best, 5am-8am or 7pm-11pm, were the only hours ever offered to me. The manager of the pool had friends working for her and gave away the better shifts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place and friendly people
Housekeeping (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2017, március 15.
I would begin my day with light housekeeping and combing through some of the areas in the facility. My boss was great and I enjoyed interacting with a lot of the members
Munkahelyi kultúra
fulfilling, encouraging, and fun work place
Judo Camp Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2017, január 4.
I was given easy access to the equipment that I needed in order to help run and enhance the experience of the Judo class the students.

Received much support from supervisors concerning new ideas which pertained to the development of the Class.

Co-workers where cooperative and encouraging.

teaching the students in a way they could understand benefit from individually was challenging.

Watching the Students improve significantly was the most enjoyable part of the Job.

I learned that patience, confidence and careful planning where very important tools to being a good leader.
Ymca
Teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2016, július 15.
I enjoyed working here. The kids and the families are absolutely fantastic! I learned so much about childcare and it helped me gain knowledge and decide what I want to do in the future. Such a great job and great staff
Fun and easy going job
Student Assistance Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2015, február 15.
If you like an easy going job and love kids, then the YMCA is for you. You work 7:00 am - 8:45 am and 3:30 pm -6:00 pm. You are working a before and after school program called kids klub. At small sites there will be two of you in the morning and in the afternoon and in bigger sites there will be 3 or more employees.

Typical Morning:

Set up
Attendance
Breakfast (if student came with one)
Board games
Computers
Card games
Reading
Organized games (no running)

Typical Afternoon:
Set up
Attendance
Wash Hands
Snack Time
Wash Hands
Organized Games, Free Gym, or Computers (until 5:00 pm)
Homework / Reading for 30-45 minutes
Board games
Card Games

The hardest part of the job is having to make sure the kids are being nice to one another, especially when you have different ages and different personalities. Other than that the job is fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the kids and building a bond with them. Nothing is better than knowing that a child trust and looks up to you.
Pro érvek
Two short shifts, you still get your entire day to yourself, you get paid in cash a dollar for every minute the parent is late, easy job, fun.
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Is a productive and fun workplace
Prevention Specialist/Van Driver (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2014, október 21.
I enjoy working a the Camp Curtin YMCA. I am able to work with kids in the inner city of Harrisburg. We give the a place to go and have fun and also learn. To me their is nothing better than working with kids and helping to shape their future.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
1,0
Not a "Christian" organization
Youth & Family Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2014, március 19.
Layoff people just because they are an "at-will" employer.
Do not value people with families and make you work long hours.
Free membership
Pay
Latch-key Director
Child Care (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2014, február 19.
I was the supervisor at a before and after school program. I was in charge of about thirty school age children. I assisted in leading games and I also did grocery shopping for the program and managed the paper work.
Pro érvek
I learned how to be a leader.
Split hours...
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
3,0
n/a
Child Caregiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2014, február 17.
Work with kids of all ages
art projects
worked on reading skills
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Internship
Internship (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2013, december 4.
This was a great in-college internship. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to work with youth in government.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with in my community
Youth Peer Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2013, január 6.
Working with at risk youth in and around the community offered me the chance to also give back to those families in need also offered opportunity to earn work experience with my degree in social science.
Pro érvek
chance to interact with local youth
Dedicated staff
Professional Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2012, július 31.
The most difficult part of the job is advancement within the organization in a timely manner.
1,0
Unappreciated and grossly underpaid
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2012, február 24.
The Harrisburg Area YMCA is all about the "C" and that stands for CASH. They want more from their employees for less pay. If you want to ruin your marriage and/or family, the Harrisburg Area YMCA is the place for you.
Kontra érvek
long work days/weeks, pay is minimal, staff is not appreciated
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés

Tekintsen meg YMCA további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van