Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Green Bay, WI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Green Bay, WI24 értékelés
24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 555 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
i absolutely loved working at the Y. there is a real sense of community and family when you work there. unfortunately you don't make much and the CEO and managers weren't responsive to those concerns. but, there is a great work life balance, and there are clear and set shifts so you can plan you schedule, but it is also very flexible in case something comes up in your personal life.
Pro érvek
free Y membership, and free childcare
poor pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very flexible when it came to caring for the needs of my family and enjoyed my time there. Generally enjoyed my job security. However lost my position during the pandemic.
Free membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
I came into this job without any previous experience so I was grateful for being hired at all. However, I worked there for three years now and still am not paid 8 dollars an hour. I teach a full class, set up the gymnastics gym, and train new hires with little pay. My manager was also completely unorganized and rude at times. I got great experience at this job but be sure to ask for the pay you deserve from the beginning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some days are rough working with children, but at the end of the day, you know you've done something good for a child who might have needed it. This company gives back which in turn makes you feel great as an employee and a person.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been working part-time at the YMCA for just about two years now. It is a job I absolutely love, and most days I look forward to going to work. At the other part-time jobs I work, I find myself dreading my next work day, but that is never the case at the Y. There are so many departments in the Y that it is so easy to find the right place for you to work. Once you find that department, you will make so many friends. I have met my two best friends through the department I work in at the Y, Kids Korner. I'm sure full time staff have some awesome perks, but I only know what part-time are offered from my own experience: a free Y membership. Which is actually pretty great since it is such a huge facility. The Y may not be for everyone, because some shifts can be shorter than what you're used to (meaning you have to work more shifts to get the hours you're looking for) and you also may have to work evenings and weekends. Ultimately I have found that my schedule is up to me, and I choose to rarely work weekends but often work weeknights. The pay is also lower than what you may be looking for, so at the end of the day it comes down to what aspects of a job you value most. Personally, I value how much I enjoy the job and what it means to me above the actual pay I receive, so it makes my job worth it. For others, they may value pay more. So, before applying, just think it through and make sure its the best fit for you!
Pro érvek
awesome staff, flexible, free membership, build relationships
low pay, short shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the work culture! I worked as a 21C staff and enjoyed my two years as one. Only one of the few places I'm sure where you can meet NFL packer players :) I got to meet Randall Cobb which was pretty amazing! I also loved how supportive all staff were and the opportunities to grow.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working there because I got to work with kids and fun people, however, my specific manager was not very organized and did not inform me of how to reapply when I returned the next year, leaving me without a job.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguarding was very very unorganized and slow. Some managers were very understanding while others were very short an impatient. When I was moved to a competitive swim coach position it was much more enjoyable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
People are positive, encouraging and friendly. Guests are treated well, given opportunities to grow and learn new ways to keep healthy. Management was fair and kind
Free membership
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in the after-school program was very beneficial. I got to work hands-on with the community and the shifts were short enough to balance school work in during the week. No weekends were very nice as well to work on homework.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for YMCA School Aged Before and After School program. My co-workers were fun, driven, and positive. My only complaint was that I could not stay due to lack of full time opportunities.
Great atmosphere, friendly staff
Kontra érvek
Lack of full time opportunities
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great part time relaxed job with the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. One forms many great relationships with patrons of the YMCA and form good relationships with other employees of the YMCA.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is always a mess. It is the worse job to have. Unorganized and a complete mess all the time. Administration do not know what they are doing at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is enjoyable to watch kids grow and learn in their abilities to swim in the water. It is great to see a child who is afraid of the water week one and then swimming like a fish by the final week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was pretty much by myself with my 3 other aides. No real issues with management or culture as we were not in YMCA itself but at local elementary schools providing early care before school.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved what I do but would like more of a challenge and a more livable wage. Great place to gain experience within the community as well.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working with the members but the pay is terrible and the management does not put much stock in advancement. The operation would run much better if they listened more to the members desires.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people at the Y (co-workers and members) are fantastic! The benefits are pretty good, but the pay is not so great. Overall, I like what I do and get satisfaction out of my work, but sometimes it's hard not to have my job life spill over into my family life.
retirement, PTO, great people
Kontra érvek
pay, time needed to put into the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have absolutely loved working at the YMCA. I feel supported, encouraged, and accomplished every day. I have wonderful co-workers, lots of continual training, and I feel like I am being set up for success.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay at the YMCA is not great. I was able to work here part-time for a few years because my husband has a well-paying job; I worked at the YMCA so I could have flexible hours, and be home with my kids while they were young. This is not a place to plan for a high-paying career, but is excellent for Moms trying to do a good job raising their kids, while still bringing home a small paycheck.
Pro érvek
On-site free childcare while Mom is working
Kontra érvek
Pay is not good, raises not good, lots of training required (on weekends, oftentimes)
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the Green Bay YMCA we were positioned to be the preeminent providers of Group Exercise in the community. I learned about leading large groups of people & how to manage it operationally behind the scenes. Co-workers are great! The hardest part of the job is finding work/life balance & the most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I worked with & being able to make a difference in people's lives.