Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Green Bay, WI

21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 206 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
You give back everyday working for the YMCA.
Some days are rough working with children, but at the end of the day, you know you've done something good for a child who might have needed it. This company gives back which in turn makes you feel great as an employee and a person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A job you actually look forward to going to
I have been working part-time at the YMCA for just about two years now. It is a job I absolutely love, and most days I look forward to going to work. At the other part-time jobs I work, I find myself dreading my next work day, but that is never the case at the Y. There are so many departments in the Y that it is so easy to find the right place for you to work. Once you find that department, you will make so many friends. I have met my two best friends through the department I work in at the Y, Kids Korner. I'm sure full time staff have some awesome perks, but I only know what part-time are offered from my own experience: a free Y membership. Which is actually pretty great since it is such a huge facility. The Y may not be for everyone, because some shifts can be shorter than what you're used to (meaning you have to work more shifts to get the hours you're looking for) and you also may have to work evenings and weekends. Ultimately I have found that my schedule is up to me, and I choose to rarely work weekends but often work weeknights. The pay is also lower than what you may be looking for, so at the end of the day it comes down to what aspects of a job you value most. Personally, I value how much I enjoy the job and what it means to me above the actual pay I receive, so it makes my job worth it. For others, they may value pay more. So, before applying, just think it through and make sure its the best fit for you!
Pro érvek
awesome staff, flexible, free membership, build relationships
low pay, short shifts
Great!!!
Love the work culture! I worked as a 21C staff and enjoyed my two years as one. Only one of the few places I'm sure where you can meet NFL packer players :) I got to meet Randall Cobb which was pretty amazing! I also loved how supportive all staff were and the opportunities to grow.
Fun Job
I enjoyed working there because I got to work with kids and fun people, however, my specific manager was not very organized and did not inform me of how to reapply when I returned the next year, leaving me without a job.
3,0
Good place to start out
Lifeguarding was very very unorganized and slow. Some managers were very understanding while others were very short an impatient. When I was moved to a competitive swim coach position it was much more enjoyable.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Loved working there
People are positive, encouraging and friendly. Guests are treated well, given opportunities to grow and learn new ways to keep healthy. Management was fair and kind
Free membership
Not enough hours
Good College Job
Working in the after-school program was very beneficial. I got to work hands-on with the community and the shifts were short enough to balance school work in during the week. No weekends were very nice as well to work on homework.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for!
I loved working for YMCA School Aged Before and After School program. My co-workers were fun, driven, and positive. My only complaint was that I could not stay due to lack of full time opportunities.
Great atmosphere, friendly staff
Kontra érvek
Lack of full time opportunities
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed and rewarding work environment
Great part time relaxed job with the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. One forms many great relationships with patrons of the YMCA and form good relationships with other employees of the YMCA.
1,0
unorganized
This job is always a mess. It is the worse job to have. Unorganized and a complete mess all the time. Administration do not know what they are doing at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very enjoyable and rewarding work
It is enjoyable to watch kids grow and learn in their abilities to swim in the water. It is great to see a child who is afraid of the water week one and then swimming like a fish by the final week.
Helping children
I was pretty much by myself with my 3 other aides. No real issues with management or culture as we were not in YMCA itself but at local elementary schools providing early care before school.
Great place to work.
Loved what I do but would like more of a challenge and a more livable wage. Great place to gain experience within the community as well.
3,0
Okay but no advancement
I enjoyed working with the members but the pay is terrible and the management does not put much stock in advancement. The operation would run much better if they listened more to the members desires.
Positive environment
The people at the Y (co-workers and members) are fantastic! The benefits are pretty good, but the pay is not so great. Overall, I like what I do and get satisfaction out of my work, but sometimes it's hard not to have my job life spill over into my family life.
retirement, PTO, great people
Kontra érvek
pay, time needed to put into the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supportive and energetic place to work! Love my job.
I have absolutely loved working at the YMCA. I feel supported, encouraged, and accomplished every day. I have wonderful co-workers, lots of continual training, and I feel like I am being set up for success.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work part-time while your children are young and you need to have flexible hours
The pay at the YMCA is not great. I was able to work here part-time for a few years because my husband has a well-paying job; I worked at the YMCA so I could have flexible hours, and be home with my kids while they were young. This is not a place to plan for a high-paying career, but is excellent for Moms trying to do a good job raising their kids, while still bringing home a small paycheck.
Pro érvek
On-site free childcare while Mom is working
Kontra érvek
Pay is not good, raises not good, lots of training required (on weekends, oftentimes)
Green Bay YMCA
At the Green Bay YMCA we were positioned to be the preeminent providers of Group Exercise in the community. I learned about leading large groups of people & how to manage it operationally behind the scenes. Co-workers are great! The hardest part of the job is finding work/life balance & the most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I worked with & being able to make a difference in people's lives.
FUN place to work
Rewarding to help people enjoy their exercising and the culture at the Y is positive and the sense of community is strong.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Greet the public
Handle currency

Fast paced enviroment

Enjoyed working with other associates

Working late shifts difficult

little room for growth
Pro érvek
good work experience with public
Kontra érvek
hours, no healthcare, low wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place with great people
I never feel out of place when I am at the Y. There are so many fantastic people there and they keep me coming back to work each week.
Pro érvek
minimal hours and lower pay
great people, fun environment
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés