Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Grand Rapids, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Grand Rapids, MI56 értékelés
56 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 266 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work. They have a very happy environment and everyone there is very welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the kids put a smile on my face everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love to work with people and think that motivating the community and educating the youth of a community to a healthier mind body and soul. Then the YMCA is the place for you. If you are looking to make a lot of money and are looking for a speedy climb in your career with them as an organization then please look else where. The YMCA is great at hiring from within, in fact its a well known rule of thumb that the more "Y" experience you have the better off your going to do in the hiring process. This is a not for profit organization. They do not have excess loads of money. I do wish they would pour more into their employees compensation as opposed to deeply encouraging them to keep pouring out. But all in all. I am a huge fan of the YMCA. Of their mission. Of their Philosophy.
Do I wish i got paid more? Yes. Am I going to complain all over the place about them? NO. The YMCA is an amazing place to work and the pay is moderate to fair compensation. If i could do it all over again and work for them?? With out question. I am a "YMCA type person after all" :)
Free Gym membership
25hr prt time max week
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people that were involved in this job were happy to be there and were there to work as a team. The students that we were teaching were inner city kids, which gave a healthy dose of satisfaction to the job because we knew we were there to make an impact.
Pro érvek
Positive environment, great workplace, good mission
Kontra érvek
only for the summer, no flexibility on teachable content
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the YMCA. However, the pay isn't the best, especially considering that I have a bachelor's degree.
Free gym membership
Low wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience as an intern at the David D. Hunting YMCA in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
We would come in and set up all play areas for the children.I may start off working with the infants and toddlers playing with toys or just interacting with them, or i may start of with the older children 4 to 5 years of age.What i learned from working at the YMCA is more communication skills and patience.All of my co-workers were pretty friendly and enjoyable to work with.The hardest part which was not really hard was just trying to get the children settled once they were excited.I found the whole experience of working there enjoyable and i would do it again if given the opportunity.
Working with the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day at work first you punch then, you go get your trash bags, your radio and keys. After you do that go to your area either its upstairs or downstairs and you start cleaning bathrooms, toilets, mirrors, you dusting and everything else.

What I have learned is never get to close with people because they could stab you in the bad and start lying on you and tell your business to other people.

Management I have no problem with that they are nice kind and sweet.

The co-workers I work with are very nice dependable when I need something from them. I like working with them. We work as a team.

The hardest part of the job was just telling people their kids don't need to be on the locker because they aren't old enough or they are boys.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being around people that care, friendly, kind and loving. Knowing that I can put a smile on somebody face when they see me smile.
Pro érvek
got to meet some new people everyday and make new friends
only got 15 mins for break
Munkahelyi kultúra
When working with kids their are no cons. just pros. The facility is nice, Management is run by the most professional people. The hardest part of the job is seeing a kids face when he is down but of course the best part is reassuring him that everything will be ok.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Where should I start, with a afterschool program, typical isnt really the word. You never know what might happen. I learned that some children are too grown for there own good and they take away the fun for others. Rules are set but arent followed by some workers and children. Management I feel expects so much from us and some goals for fun activitites arent meet because of the budget. The people that I work with can be awesome at times then other times they are different. The hardest part of the job is no money for trips or activities, limited resources to buy things, pay, no benefits. The same kids that causes problems that are still apart of program. The disrespect from some students. What I enjoy soo much is finding their talents, them telling me that Im a cool person or how they wished we were related. The jokes. Being goofy. Having a easy drama free day....I just enjoy them being kids!!!!!
Pro érvek
having kids look up to you and opening their minds to different things, the good times
healthcare, hours, pay, disrepect
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the YMCA. There very great people here they are all very helpful with any and everything you need. It's just time for the next step for me. I've learned alot at the YMCA from pool chemistry to working with all kinds of people.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
the hardest part of the job is finding things to clean for and eight hour shift.
free membership
nasty incounters
Munkahelyi kultúra
i loved working their . it was a fun place to work all the employies where kind to one another
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoy working at the YMCA. I have great co-workers and the position is flexible to an extent with scheduling. Each day I work with children on their social skills, gross motor skills, and many other aspects of working in child care. Working with children can be really challenging and many things change throughout the day. It is important to be patient and to be able to think on your toes in a moments notice. I really enjoy the children I work with and look forward to seeing them everyday. It is very fulfilling to watch the students grow each week and see their progress.
Pro érvek
great work environment, free gym membership, and flexible/understanding with sick days
Kontra érvek
part time position and lower pay than previous job
Munkahelyi kultúra
the YMCA is a great job which can give a person flexible hours if they need it. but the pay is less than other companies doing the same job.
Pro érvek
free gym membership, flexible hours, good environment
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun, loving enviornment that keeps a positive atmosphere.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day at work was planning activities for inner city kids I learned to be fair and have patience with kids that was very active. The management was very considerite and understanding about your needs. the people I worked with was the best love coming to work.
Pro érvek
co workers, managers and kids
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés