Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Grand Rapids, MI

56 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 188 értékelés megtekintése
Review Summary of The YMCA
The YMCA is a great place to work. They have a very happy environment and everyone there is very welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the kids put a smile on my face everyday.
a good lifeguarding job
It was a fine lifeguarding job. They did a good job rotating people around so lifeguard would not get fatigued. I think lifeguarding in general is boring so thats not really the YMCAs fault. Patrons at time can feel very entitled.
Productive and Fun
My job was pretty simple since I worked in the daycare part. I loved the kids, they kept me on my feet. I learned how to care for other people children as they were my own. The management there was awesome and friendly. It was very divers there. The hardest part of my job was having to leave them to move back home Detroit. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to get the know the children and having fun with them.
Pro érvek
having fun with the childern
leaving them
great place to work
I enjoyed advancing in my postion with the ymca, but the pay scale was my main reason for leaving. I learned and grew then needed to find a similar position to provide the needs for my family.
Positive work environment
Working with kids all day is always rewarding and fun.

Hardest part of the job is the pay, but the most enjoyable part is working with kids.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of interaction with people
Learned to meet people, greet people, connect with people, and help people in the wellness area at the YMCA. Short shifts with some flexibility to work around a busy schedule.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no reviews or raises
The Y does amazing work.
The YMCA is a cornerstone of the community, and I love working here. The pay could be better, but practically every single person I work with is an example of an amazing human being. The Y actually does put Christian principles into action, without the negative associations of judgement and hate, but love, peace, integrity and service.
Very fun outgoing workplace
Favorite job I have ever had. The positivism among both staff and members is outstanding! The leadership within is very approachable and excellent at handling any issues that may arise.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very educational for my field.
I learned a lot at my time at the Y. i felt i needed to advance my position from a wellness coach there to personal training. Although i had an opportunity to Train there my heart told me to find other opportunities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA does a great job in the Community
Im not sure I agree with the direction my department is headed.
I loved my work that keeps me out of the office. The management has changed multiple times in the past year, which leads me to feel insecure in my position.
Flexibility
low opportunity for advancement
Great Place to Work
YMCA is a relaxed and positive workplace
The staff is friendly and the children are a joy to work with

The hours are great and you get a membership to the Y
Learning and Productive Place to Work
Working at the YMCA was one of the greatest experiences I had. I learned the benefits of working hard and to be diligent. I experienced the what is to be diverse and how much we can growth as individuals and how prosper any organization can be when we enbrace diversity. It was also a motive to go backto school and finish my bachelor. Overall, it was a great experience working with the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids.
Pro érvek
Free Membership. Free worshop for leadership. Free CPR, Oxygen and Pro First Aid certifications
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unorganized life guarding at very small pool.
When I worked it would be for a solid 4 hour shift with myself as the only lifeguard. Staying alert was very important since I was the only one watching the pool. This job was very unorganized and my manager was not very responsible. My co-workers were great but I didn't really see them except for inservices. It was hard to handle everyone in the pool sometimes especially when there was an incident, but working at a pool made it more enjoyable.
Being at a pool.
Kontra érvek
Terrible management, being the only lifeguard and no rotations to stay alert.
learning experience
At this job I learn a lot, I learned how to be a team player and now I am able to use what I learn at this job for the rest of my life
Great Place to Work!
Great Place to Work! Very Friendly Staff and Great Work Atmosphere. Lots of Opportunity for Growth and movement through the company
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good first job experience, not much room for advancement
The YMCA is a good organization to start off your career in. They provide training opportunities and are literally global if you wanted to transfer. There are always positions the need to be filled in the branches. Still, after being there for some time I realized there is a lack of diversity, the pay is average to low and there is not much room for advancement to management or the corporate level unless you are replacing a director.
Professional development, Flexible, Affordable benefits
Lack of diversity, Lack of opportunity, Low pay
Fun atmosphere, flexible schedule
The position I held there was great because I love working with people. I was able to walk the fitness floor and talk with the clients about their current workout routines and offer advice or modifications. I was also responsible for cleaning equipment and making sure things were functioning properly as well as scheduling events on the basketball and racquetball courts.
Pro érvek
Get to workout for free off duty
Kontra érvek
Some clients were a little creepy, asked for phone numbers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Place with Great people just not the best woking hours.
A typical day at the YMCA was basically teaching and watching over children from infants to 12 years of age. The hardest part about the job was the pay for so much work that was required of us. Taking care of children is a big responsibility. I love working with children though so it made it worth the while but I am ready to move into something more major focused and better pay grade.
Doing something I love
Pay Rate, Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
good people, not so great management and terrible pay
possibly the lowest I have been paid for lifeguarding, but the people are nice, the work isn't too hard and the company is pretty good to work for.
free membership, free parking
terrible pay, poor management
Great!
I loved working with the children it was a general and over all good experience. I learned a lot working with children I also learned how many people are dismissive and passive toward the emotions and thoughts of children. I learned many profitable live lessons working within this organization I realized that you have to have infinite patience dealing with children especially when they are not your own. Management was obviously under tons of stress dealing with everyday high maintenance responsibilities of caring for children I didn't agree with the "systematic" approach that is expected of employees to interact with the children it just is not effective and inspires much discord and frustration in the environment as a whole it is completely disconnected and employees are expected to deal with children as if they are machines and not living entities with REAL emotion and feeling . Co-workers were also affected by these stresses and many times this get taken out on the children and to me that was a very unfair and unjustifiable way to handle high pressure situations children are not the blame for any problems we face in the world today they are a product of it so the deserve the most patience and care in order that we may see changes in future generations and the advancement in the upbuilding of good morals, values and the overall well being of the future. The hardest part of the job was patience honestly it is a constant battle of emotion and many different personalities working with children. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversities of people as a whole that I - több...
Educational
Kontra érvek
Some not choosing to accept the need for personal growth.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, encouraging, health and fitness
I am in charge of assisting gym members with safe use of exercise equipment. In addition, I answer any questions the gym members may have. So far I have learned how to take what I have learned in the class room and apply it to a exercise type setting. I enjoy working with my co-workers they all share the same passion I do about fitness. The hardest part about my job is when I am the only one working I can't be two places at once.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, in a gym setting, learning
short shifts, limited hours
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés