Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Grand Rapids, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Grand Rapids, MI56 értékelés
56 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 088 értékelés megtekintése
Review Summary of The YMCA
The YMCA is a great place to work. They have a very happy environment and everyone there is very welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the kids put a smile on my face everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good work place, good place to be
I just want a full time job, I’m trying to get an apartment soon and I work 3 days a week as of right now and it’s just not enough. I tried to see if I could work more and they said no. So hopefully it can work out
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Not a lot of work to do, I only clean two rooms and then I have Down time to just sit there and do nothing
Reasonable workplace
Job training was done well. The job itself was reasonable. Management was unorganized, hard to reach, and emotionally biased. Culture was upbeat and the work was not very hard.
Fun workplace, great realtionships
I worked as a sports coach for over 4 years at the YMCA and I loved it. I got to work with all different ages and I got to work most of the hours I wanted. It was also easy to find replacements when I needed.
Pro érvek
good relationships, nice co works
Kontra érvek
short breaks, no paid time off
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great atmosphere and enjoyable workplace but low paying
I can only afford to work here because my spouse has a full time jobs with family benefits and my position eliminates my need for outside childcare. The position is a lot of fun but it isn't doing much to further my career. It is a good place for a high school or college student to work.
great staff and members
Kontra érvek
Few full time options and those positions are not family friendly
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
This place sucks
This place is very partial to some not all let left not happy with this place of business at all, they get new management in there and take over and hey rid of all the employees they don't want, very unfortunate
Na
Na
Positives and Negatives
There are some real positives about working for the Y (free memberships, amazing retirement and vacation time, etc) however the leadership and culture of the Y are miserable. It can have a toxic affect on your work life.
Easy going yet challening
Fast paced yet relaxed depending on certain classes. Wonderful team! Wonderful community! Wonderful place to work! How could it not be with all of the endorphins flying around!
I loved working here!
This place was such a fun place to work. I really liked my bosses, they were very understanding of the days I needed off and just were super nice all around.
Free Y membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Tolerable but not preferred.
I always felt pressured and out of the loop from what was going on. There was a lot of lack of communication and unfair reprimanding. People in charge lacked the ability to fill in all other staff on things that they needed to know.
Free Membership
Poor management
Flexible and understanding
The typical day work was relaxed but fun depending on activities for the day. I learned how to care for children and how to be more understanding of each individual child that I encountered. Management was very understanding about class and about other things that came up. The most enjoyable part of the job was having genuine and fun people next to me.
ok
Schedule and hours were inconsistent - mostly would only have 10 to 15 hours per week. Always was scheduled second shift but it would only be for about 5 hours each shift.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was one of 8 interns that were hired to operate an Inner City Youth Baseball / Softball Program for kids in 1st-8th grade. It was a completely free league for the kids of Inner City Grand Rapids. Each kid was given a glove (if needed) and a uniform (shirt, pants, hat, socks) and we provided bats, balls and the field for them. Every intern was assigned a field and two volunteer field staff members. A typical day involved everything administrative that went on behind the scenes of the league, and some coaching and umpiring as well. It was an absolute blast and I would recommend this to anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Layed back, enjoyable work environment
A typical day at work is mostly relaxing with some busier point. I have learned to manage my time and interact with others. The management of the department I am in could be organized better, but for the most part it has a very flexible schedule and the people you encounter are very nice.
Flexible schedule, decent pay
poor management
Horrible Management
Loved working here at first but then if you didn't conform to what they wanted they would get rid of you without notice. Happened to several higher ups before I left. Management is absolutely horrible. Laziest individuals I have ever met, but so quick to say you suck at your job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a coordinator for a summer program and I loved it. Every day is a different day but it does require for you to be on top of your toes. You have to be structured to make the easier for yourself.
Ok to start
Its a good fit for a part time job or a college student. Free family gym membership. Nice people to work with and friendly management. Pay is not that good though.
Free membership.
Pay is very low
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has a great mission and performs great work; management needs help.
If you like popularity contests and cliques, this is the place for you. Hard work is neither recognized nor rewarded. As much as they promote diversity, they have a hard time attracting and retaining minorities to meaningful and well-compensated roles.
Pro érvek
You'll gain lots of experience because there's always a need for extra hands
Kontra érvek
You won't be paid or promoted unless you are one of the chosen by the executive management teams
Mediocre but generous PTO
The position and role I accepted came at the right time in my personal life. Although would leave little to nothing for growth professionally.Excellent role for 2nd step. Management changes presented challenges/insecurity to staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive with many activities for children
A typical day at work consisted of many games and activities. I would do anything to keep the children occupied. The management worked very hard to keep their employees happy and the workplace culture was very welcoming. My favorite part of this job was being around kids and learning new things from them.
Teaching
Teaching in this type of diverse community was exciting and able to watch young adults learn new skills. This facility create a welcoming atmosphere and making teaching more accessible for all ages.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés