Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Fredericksburg, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Fredericksburg, VA40 értékelés
40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 372 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is a great place for anyone, part-time job or full-time career. Strong core values, wonderful co-workers and supportive management.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is horrible. They want to control you, they do not like to give you time for family emergency’s they care more about having people cover shifts than to actually change their outlook into wanting to make their employees stay
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The day would start with the guards pulling chairs, umbrellas, and benches out of storage. We would then set them up, and spend the next 8 hours staring at the pools. Rotations were fairly frequent which kept us from falling asleep, management shifted into three different people's hands during my employment. Extremely laid back, hardest part was keeping myself entertained. The best part was the pay.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a cool job. For the SACC program there is three supervisors, and out of the three there are two very nice ones and the other one....should not be working for the Y. It was hard working for someone who is so rude, condescending, and a liar who lies to cover their own behind. This person bullies people, screams in their faces, and mood switches within a second. Someone so incompetent should not be allowed to have any authority for kids and staff. Many people have complained about her to HR and higher ups, but nothing gets done about it. As long as employees do what they're supposed to do, this supervisor can talk down to anyone all they want with the most negative attitude ever. There's been times where parents even complained about her rude, sarcastic behavior, yet no one seems to care. There are better ways to go about handling certain situations other than screaming in your employees faces or writing nasty, threatening emails every Friday.
This particular YMCA always enforces values to their staff such as respect, caring, honesty and responsibility. Yet, does nothing about this supervisor.

Fun working with the kids, parents are great, but if you get this one particular supervisor, quit. It's not worth it.
Kids
Supervisor
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
its a good job if you are in high school or college but you don't get paid a lot. you must like kids to work there as there is a lot of them roaming around all the time.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA's Aquatic workplace culture was very inclusive to the hardships that come with lifeguarding long hours, whilst also supporting and allowing for fun activities to brighten everyones days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job has given me the opportunity to learn more about myself. I have high functioning Aspergers and this was my first "real" job. In High school I was in regular classes with no IEP. I did very well in school. I applied at the YMCA because my family supports their mission statement. The managers did well training me and answering all my questions. The structure of the SACC programs is good for me. The only part that I have difficulty with is the amount of children and the multi-tasking. I can focus on one group, but not 10 groups at one time. I can handle the normal schedule everyday, but when school is closed and I'm needed all day.....it's too much with all those children. However, the kids do LOVE me and that makes me get out of bed and go to work everyday. I like to feel appreciated and the kids do that for me. The pay is low, childcare is exhausting work, and my coworkers quit often. Childcare is like that.
Pro érvek
Children are funny, reduced price gym membership
Kontra érvek
too many children, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teaching classes at the Y are wonderful. Management gave me lots of flexibility to decide on classes and time. Everyone is so friendly and caring. We all feel like a big family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA was a great job the only issue I had is it is part time so its a really good job for people in school not income to live off of if you have a lot of bills. Everyone there is really nice they had problems with the manger while I was there but she no longer dose so I would say this is a great started job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a fun and friendly place to work. I think they are nice people and truly seem to care about their employees. The negative is that their management isn’t the best. There are a lot of things that got done incorrectly in my case. My paycheck was messed up at the end of the swim season and we emailed back and forth several times about it. I was told by the head of the board that it would be fixed and rectified, but it has been almost a year and I never heard from them again. Other than that, it is a great place.
Friendly
Bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA is basically having fun. You get to play and work. We have lessons plans activities that the kids enjoy. I have learned to be patient with the kids and upset parents.To listen to what they are saying. Most of the time the management will look out for you. They are understanding and will be there for you. I don't think there is a hard part to this job. Its what you make it. Most enjoyable part is bonding with the families I have come across.
Free membership
No benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked with the SACC Program. Fast paced job. Great as a starting out position or second job. Due to nature of job, pay rate is low. But people are great to work with for the most part.
Free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful place to work and will stay until anything better is offered. Single mom of a two year old and this job is more than appreciated. :) The benefit package is for sure the best ever!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
What a awesome place to take your kids. The before and after school program is much needed, being able to take your children somewhere before your in.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
for a first job it was alright. the kids were nice to be around and also my co-workers but our boss/manager was VERY rude and had a unnecessary attitude every time she came to our job site. the pay was bad but it was normal for a first job.
working with kids
management, pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun innovative ways to help children learn. Great leadership team,great environment, and extremely nice and flexible people. Ability to move up if you desire.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed my time with the YMCA. Was a summer part-time position only. Working with the kids and assisting in field trips was the best part of the work week. A lot of hours were given as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is never typical. It changes all the time based off the kids moods but its always interesting. Everyday I learn something new from them, which makes the job worth any hardship. I can honestly say that if you cannot deal with the different moods of different children and be able to positively put that into something creative then this job would be very hard for you. Getting to know these kids and becoming to just a teacher but someone they trust and know who cares for them is worth every second of this job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the kids every day. I loved that we wanted to make sure these students were fed healthy snacks each day and that they were able to learn while there with us.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a child care attendant and absolutely loved it. Although the pay was not great ($7.25), the work atmosphere was really fun and I got along well with all of my coworkers.
Memories, Responsibility, Networking
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed working here! They have wonderful management that are always willing to help you out and work with you!
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés