Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Frederick, MD

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Frederick, MD42 értékelés
42 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 251 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been working at through the YMCA for about 3 years now. I have switched YMCAs and had a very easy process of doing this. The workers and administration are always helpful in handling the needs of their employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you advance there your pay doesn’t really go up like it should and some directors are rude but I’m general it’s nice I guess. It’s only part time and you get minimum
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked at the YMCA, I was a lifeguard at their indoor pools, and there were always some interesting people you met each day. I learned multiple guests by name and got to know them on a first name basis each time they came in. The people there are friendly and it is a nice place if you want something laid back but fun at the same time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a lifeguard and pool operator. This means I would keep track of the levels of the water and make sure the lifeguards were doing what they needed to be doing, and everything was moving smoothly. My coworkers were amazing and we all grew a nice bond. The management was a different story. They were very distant didn't really communicate with us unless there was an issue.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical work day may variable.
I worked in another program funded through YMCA.

Less pay , My supervisor was very unfair and mistreated me I was disappointed.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I recommend this job. The people are great to work with. The people that come to the YMCA are eager to find about about the different programs. The swimming pool is always a hit!
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
work is intense, you work when sick. lack of respect from the management, too much gossiping, no team work. too many clichés. think before you saying!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ymca was a great starter job for me when i graduated high school. Now i realized that i don’t think it’s fair for me being there 6 years and only receiving one raise.
low wage
Munkahelyi kultúra
Go to school to gain all the certificates to get pay raises on schedule. Once certs are obtained your career at YMCA will procure traction. It is perfect for a split schedule employee though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I went to different Y.M.C.A cites subbing in for sick teachers. I was responsible for setting up tables with different themed toys and activities. I was responsible for providing structured group activities. I was in-charge of keeping all of the children safe. I would help assist the site director in multiple tasks. I entertained the children and instilled positive behavior.
flexible hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place for members to become involved in health related programs to further their physical fitness. The childcare is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The opportunity for advancement is slim but the workplace at the downtown YMCA is excellent. Interacting with members is one of the best things that you can do. Overall, a great place for family and anyone else alike.
Pro érvek
benefits, paid time off, friendly staff
low pay, miscommunication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday felt like a new adventure. The children were delightful and my hours were acceptable. Slow times during the day. Some flustered moments usually in the afternoon.
Pro érvek
Open environment with a lot of support
Overwhelming at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Required preparedness and flexibility. In addition to supporting children with homework and providing appropriate supervision, I have to be ready to meet a variety of needs for elementary aged students before and after school each day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was to be responsible for children ages 3-5 years old, duties include but not limited to:
• Safety on the bus to and from school, including field trips

• Assisting bus driver with fire drills on the bus

• Assisting teacher to provide formal structure & education to children in the classroom

• Participated and assisted teacher with parent meetings
Munkahelyi kultúra
Got my job during my junior year of high school and loved it up until the minimum wage could no longer cover my expenses. Super easy to get into and loved my coworkers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work environment with many new ideas for classes and set up daily. Many different employees that bring in their own experiences to make classes fun for all ages.
Pro érvek
Free food during meetings.
No benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the YMCA with the children. My coworkers that I work with are very helpful.
A typical day at work is I get there around 7:30am, start answering phone calls, make reservations for babies under 18months old. Around 8/8:30 children start coming in, parents pack them snack to eat while they are there because they are allowed 2 hours in the Fun Zone. My duties are to make sure they are behaving, not running, being respectful to the other children and are safe while there.

The most enjoyable part of the job is just being around the children and making sure they know I am there if there is a problem.
The children
Kontra érvek
amount of money getting paid
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has great people ... but the separated departments make it hard to move up the ladder ... HeadStart department was one of them ... I love the Job but they did not allow me to excel and become a better person ... as I ask and had taken courses to become a certified Transportation Manager I was denied to take the time to take the test ... Not right or fair ....
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most rewarding aspect about this job is helping children and families in need. Linking people with resources in the area to help them better themselves and their lives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was decent summer job with plenty of hours.they are flexible with schedules and summer or classes if you are still in school they are great with allowing time off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day could involve anywhere from creating graphics for the site, editing pages, re-writing pages, viral marketing and more. I learned how to edit webpages through WordPress and how to enhance my Adobe skills. Management was always a pleasure to work with, and everyone in the office was great. The job was very enjoyable overall.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés