Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Fort Wayne, IN

83 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 733 értékelés megtekintése
Many unprofessional employees
Happy to be employed in such a nice facility. Flexible schedule and hours diverse staff lots of training if you apply yourself. Staff could be kinder. Not a lot of staff support with unfriendly co workers
Supportive family environment
The only downside to this work is the compensation isn't enough for the amount and type of work involved. The best part is working with the children that regular the YMCA Childwatch. I was blessed to build relationships with the children and their parents. A rewarding job.
Awesome place to work
If you are looking for a part time job the YMCA is the place to work. The managers are great people and the listen to you. You are able to work out while you are not working.
Fun place to work
Working for the YMCA was a good experience. Being there gave me a chance to meet new people everyday while also learning how to communicate with others outside my age range.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA gave me many opportunities to grow and learn and impact the lives of others. A great variety of opportunities awaits you at the YMCA
Working for the Y gives you the opportunity to connect with many people and help build and strengthen our community. As is stated in the Mission statement, we are “for all”, and all that we do is geared for including everyone.
Pro érvek
Great feeling when you serve others. Knowing that what you do impacts many lives. Inclusion!
Kontra érvek
Sometimes we would run short handed which would cause many to work extended hours.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA was a great experience.
Working with the YMCA allowed me to learn more about myself. The company wasn’t very professional but I learned to work pass that and still do my job.
2,0
YMCA workplace
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the lack of co-workers. Often, I was required to sit on stand longer due to lack of employees. As lifeguards, we were also required to go outside of our job with duties such as cleaning.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful, but the children make it worth it
I loved the job and thought I would advance here, but after my first seizure I was let go the following day although they knew I had seizures. Being fired was more hurtful and embarrassing than actually having the seizure.
Pro érvek
The smiles on the children's faces
Kontra érvek
Lack of training and job security
Love It
Love working for and being a part of the YMCA. Also, love the free membership and discounted membership for my family. Management is great and is always there to answer my questions. No cons of working here.
YMCA of Greater FW
The staff here is amazing and the management team is even better. Great work environment and flexible hours. Free membership to the facilities is nice too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most enjoyable part of job
Working with the children and getting to know them. Being able to come into work everyday and being around the children. The children are the highlight of my day or should be .
3,0
Nice environment
The Y is a amazing place but as a work place many times isn't that good because the miss communication and the payment for the work that you do on it.
Family Friendly Environment
A typical day is about 3-4 hours. I have learned to be more open-minded to the people around me. The workers here are very friendly and outgoing. I enjoy seeing new faces.
Flexible hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace with a professional seriousness
The YMCA is a great place to work and it allows a growth in community awareness and allows personal bonds to flow between employees and members. The job is often relaxing with intense moments. The YMCA makes sure to accommodate for everyone’s crazy lives. The job website called sling allows for your shifts to be 100% your choice and when and what time you can work is all up to you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Meaningful work for the right situation
More like babysitting due to Indiana ratio requirements, but you can still create relationships.

Direct management seemed a little lacking, there wasn't much direction or activities scheduled, but if you want to create them or initiate them they will support you.

I feel like you don't get compensated well enough for what you are responsible for, but it's a relatively fun job and feels good to create meaningful relationships with children and people that want to help them.
Flexible Schedule
compensation/benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, productive, job with school aged kids
Very rewarding job with school aged children. Opportunity for advancement and raises. Part-time hours! Winter break, spring break, and summer break off unless you sign up for the camps. Camps are awesome!
Pro érvek
camp, raises, friendly people everywhere
only part time available
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for the summer.
I loved working as a camp counselor. This is a great summer job and I would recommend it. But you need to love kids in order to do well at this job. Otherwise don't do it.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Low paying and not a Christian organization
Pay is low and you are not appreciated at all. They will lie to you and take advantage of you if possible. It is all about how many members and money, don't let them fool you. They give you an .8 raise, you work hard and the raise is a joke. There is no room for advancement and you must have a degree to get an office position. Those jobs are very political in nature. Stay away from the Y!!!
Pro érvek
You can use the facility for free
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no advancement, back stabbing in the office
3,0
Okay place to work
Can get busy and stressful. I have only worked there since December and I’m looking for somewhere new. Some managers are nice... others not so much. Good place to work depending on the managers
Free membership
No breaks.
Great Atmosphere
Everyone working at the YMCA is friendly and helpful. All the directors and managers will try to help you do your job to the best of your ability. The pay might not be the best but there are very flexible hours. You basically only work when you can work.
Pro érvek
Friendly coworkers and nice patrons, Flexible hours
Lowish pay
fun place for families
I enjoyed seeing my coworkers and the children, they kind of motivated me to come to work,even if i were having a bad day. You learn your likes and dislikes quickly,and if you're made for the business.
n/a
n/a
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés