Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Eastsound, WA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Eastsound, WA9 értékelés
9 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 556 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Camp Orkila was easily one of the best experiences I have ever had. I spent the entire summer working as a lifeguard and camp counselor, and didnt even fully realize how much of an impact it had on me until after the summer concluded. But I have never been happier and feeling more content than in this position.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Es un excelente lugar de trabajo ya que permite poner en practica tus conocimientos y al mismo tiempo adquieres habilidades que puedes ir desarrollando a lo largo de tu experiencia laboral. La cultura laboral es muy diferente al país que vivo, esto se convierte en un reto ya que el manejo del idioma es indispensable para un buen desarrollo laboral.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a cabin counselor at Camp Orkila was the best job I ever had. The staff becomes very close like family. You get to be positive role models to children and make their camp experience great.
Pro érvek
very positive work environment, consistent days off
inconsistent pay raises
Munkahelyi kultúra
For this job it would start out at 9:30 in the morning, after breakfast, then go down to OutTrip (the building where the job takes place), where we would have the tasks for the day. Where we pack food and gear for groups going on overnight trips.
Good time off.
Sleeping Locations
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day has you taking your group to a scheduled set of lessons and team-building activities depending on what the individual school requested. you has a specified time-frame to work in which can be challenging to work with when other groups will be moving in almost immediately when you finish. If not with a group, you may be doing maintenance-based activities such as cleaning bathrooms or running program areas during open recreation time. Once a group leaves, all hands are on deck to prepare the site for incoming weekend groups, or, if at the end of the weekend, preparing for the next round of school groups.

Half of the staff are off Fri-Sat, while the other half are off Sun-Mon, so a group is always on campus.

Management is excellent with very understanding and accommodating, and is willing to help you improve your teaching/facilitation style and manage stress.

Staff culture is fun and friendly. You end up knowing many of your coworkers very well, whether in your own cabin (4 bedroom 2 bath with communal kitchen and living room for generally 10 people) or out.

Hardest part: maintaining the energy towards the end of the season.

Most enjoyable: time spent with other staff, and watching students excel in new environments
Pro érvek
Great location, excellent management, staff culture is great
Kontra érvek
low pay, no benefits, limited advancement opportunities, long hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Provides a safe but growth-centric environment for children of all ages - allows for development of social skills and important personal growth in a professional environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was great opportunity to work with great teams and develop the new idea day by day with new people from different place more then that I love to work with my manager who also try to help and make us free environment to express our views.
Pro érvek
free environment and every bady was so helpful
work in bed weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got to work with kids to ensure that they had a fun and enjoyable experience at the YMCA Camp Orkila Orcas Island summer camp.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A place that reawakens your inner child while giving you the tools to manage a rowdy bunch of kids. A multi-cultural staff allows you to see all the different personalities life has to offer.
Pro érvek
free lodging, food, and activites: fun environment
Kontra érvek
not enough time off, occasional lazy staff