Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Downey, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Downey, CA13 értékelés
13 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 222 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working at the camp. It was a very diverse company and gave me the ability to learn new things and meet new people. I would 1000% go back year after year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Directors are amazing, they truly love their job, co workers are respectful friendly and accepting, the kids we take care of are respectful, kind, and willing to learn
Camp experience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work at. Flexible hours and days, great for anyone in high school or any students. Enjoyed my coworkers as well as the returning and new faces I got to meet during my time there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I was volunteering for YMCA I felt like everyone was kind and friendly, patient, respectful. The environment is very clean and also organized. I like the fact everyone had a positive attitude.
Munkahelyi kultúra
benefiting the children's futures by being great examples and helpful to their education
early mornings

split shifts

weekends off observable holidays

enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the great kids and knowing i will make a difference to their lives

i have learned that as a teacher each child enjoys different ways of learning and some just need more time on a project in order to get all the benefit of the subject.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typically, I would punch in and start my shift right away. Depending what I was scheduled as, I'd enter with an optimistic attitude ready to conquer anything that comes my way and also share this with others. The hardest part of the job was when they'd ask you for an extra shift, do you say yes, or no? I continued being loyal to the company and took as many shifts as I could. At the end, they're worth it. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating and hangout with my peers and guests.
Paid mileage.
Short breaks.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a volunteer at the YMCA but worked with thee employees. From my point of view everyone loved working their. During my time working at the YMCA I learned patience from working with children. The job was very fast paced and fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Classroom introduces a welcoming environment for the children. Teachers create and design centers with children. Daily schedule that is child centered focused.
Munkahelyi kultúra
How to manage time and supervise staff

Team and individual based

Friendly and helpful co-workers

Not being able to accommodate because of lack of resources

Helping those in need and seeing children happy
Helping the community
Not having enough resources
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a fun job. Pay needs to be increased. Great part-time job if your in school or just want a part-time job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hours were very flexible, so it allowed me to coordinate with the other workers when I started going to college.
Without even realizing it I had made a ton of friends at this job, it is a very family oriented workplace. Management was amazing when I first began, unfortunately they moved on to other things for their lives and the people that replaced them don't seem to have the same desire to work with people, and it has lost the family aspect as of when I moved away.
Free access to the gym!
Kontra érvek
Old facility, management can be pushy as of late
Munkahelyi kultúra
My best years were working for the YMCA. I had the best co-workers and the work environment was always pleasant. I enjoyed my work and had so much fun doing it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked seven days a week. Monday through Friday i worked after school. On the weekends i worked all saturday and all of sunday. During the week I would check in members nd make sure they had their cards, I gave tours and interviews, enrolled new members, re-enrolled old members, updated flyers and message board, took over the day care when needed, rented out equipment, made announcements to return equipment and for the facility closing time, i cleaned the third floor, cleared out the men and women locker rooms, made sure kids parents were picking them up in designated areas, cleaned the gym and locked do the facility and the parking lot. On the weekend i opened the facility, made coffee, put out fresh towels and washed old ones, rented out equipment, gave tours, booked appointments for racquetball and fitness trainers and rooms, i locked the facility and cleaned the third floor and gym, cleared all the locker rooms and pool areas, made sure parents checked out kids from day care, locked the facility down as well as the parking lot. The management was ok at times, She put alot of responsibility on her under management team which was me and four other people. I learned the YMCA system and how to enroll families, how to give tours and interviews, and how to do inquiry interviews, i learned all accounts payable strategies. The hardest part of the job was trying to get someone to sign up with us or getting some members to bring their membership cards and not get written up, and also the harassment. The most enjoyable part was the kids and the families and the events.
events, kids, families
harassment, sign ups
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés