Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Dayton, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
31 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The children were kind and there was always a fun event scheduled. We ate breakfast and went summing a lot. The other counselors were very positive and loving having fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a company to invest for future in. They will help train you but, in return you will get low pay and be expected to work in a stressful and high intensity environment. Most, to all other, childcare centers would be an improvement to the YMCA. Also, don't expect the Christian values to show up when you're in need or on good Friday.
Training opportunities
Kontra érvek
Low wages, below average benefits, stressful work environment, dirty condition, lack of admin support
Munkahelyi kultúra
The more time and energy you give the more you are rewarded by member happiness, sense of community, and closeness with staff and members. This is not a job to work if you expect monetary rewards.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The good -lots of advancement opportunity even for the uneducated. Nice, friendly coworkers MOSTLY Flexible hours for school and more training Parents are great, not very demanding like high end daycares Bosses are nice , down to earth and will help out No time to clean because you're alone and no cleaning/ janitorial staff but everyone does the beat they can anyway The bad - pay is the lowest I've seen for daycare workers and bosses are very inexperienced. Serious lack of supplies and teaching material Very short on staff, infact the worst Ive experienced and ive Worked in 10 centers in 5 states Very high turn over rate. Most have been there a couple months As a parent, I would not choose this daycare due to high turn Over and lack of cleanliness.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I left for personal reasons unrelated to my time at the YMCA of Greater Dayton. It is without a doubt an excellent place for Moms Dads and all of the many area kids whose only outlet to wholesome living and spiritual guidance is a fine organization like the Y. Oddly enough the Nation's capital, Washington, D.C. and it's suburb of Arlington, Virginia where I grew up had no YMCA locations, aside from one local Old Town Alexandria Virginia location which may have been a "hold-over" from a time when the YMCA did provide low-cost lodging.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has always been a fun place to work at from California to Ohio I love the staff and the members I hope to one day retire from the YMCA. my Children and Grand Children still go to the YMCA I have been apart of the YMCA foe 30+ years in one capacity or another I highly recommend the Y for every family to experience, it has so much to offer families swimming, basketball, racket ball, fitness on all levels, childcare, the YMCA has something available for every family member from infants to seniors, body builders to spectators, over all the YMCA is a great place to work and hangout.
free membership
not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Much of the experience, depends on the area you are hired in and what center you are placed at. Some days are great and some are stressful. There are faults in management but there are times when your director will have your back. However, I struggled with this at my center. My director, often, did not protect her employees or speak up for them when it really mattered.
Experience, retirement
healthcare, non-profit pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
the experience was good. the manager was good. the tasks were good. the client base were good. overall, i can say it was a good experience and helped with expansion of skills sets/
Munkahelyi kultúra
• Provides proactive support to members and program participants in the Fitness Center. • Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions and providing positive and regular feedback to program participants. • Knows the names of members and uses their names when speaking with them. • Remains visible to participants when on duty. • Increases member and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors. • Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level. • Conducts tours of wellness areas to prospective members/program participants as needed. • Promotes wellness and other YMCA programs. • Responsible for all aspects of safety in wellness program areas.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great job very relaxed. The managers are good at what they do and managing people. the place is well maintained and clean. They do really over work you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day was fun. I learned how to be more responsible. The management was run very well. The hardest part of the job was when not many members would come in. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping members.
paid inservices
little to no breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was not paid well for the job I had to do hours were not steady pay was not no paid days off for holiday one thing I like about it was the driving being out doors
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job. I loved being able to do what I love which was help parents with their billing questions and issues. I loved working with the title 20.
Pro érvek
Working on the computer and with the familes at my own pace
Kontra érvek
None relating to my job description
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have not worked here long, but have noticed that the director gets personal vendettas against employees and looks for reasons to fire them. The turn over rate is insanely high.
Free lunches
Kontra érvek
Low pay, management belittles you and is not helpful
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a nice place to work. The kids were fantastic, the teachers were for the most part nice to work with, and the system was ok. It was a good experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at the YMCA, I am answering phones, talking to members and scanning them in. I sign people up for memberships and give the occasional tour. I have learned to keep situations calm and to great socoal skills. built lifetime relationships here. Management is great, my bosses are amazing! I get along great with my co workers and when someone needs their shift covered we all have each others backs. the hardest part of my job is handling unruly members who don't want to abide by the rules, but it always gets figured out. the most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with the members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working 3 hrs in the morning and 3 hrs in the evening in the same day is difficult especially if you do not live close by. I lived 45 mins away and would have to find something to do for 5.5 hrs during the day or drive home which was expensive on gas.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day at Mann Power Cafe' began in health always. Making sure employees were well nourished. Preparation of fruits/veggies were chopped, juiced, cooked to be more accessible throughout the busier hours. Our management foremost were all Christians and heavily involved with the hand of God. So the hardest part of the job was humility. Everything an employee needed such as: manuals, inventory sheets, break room, cleaning and sanitary equipment was readily available. The most enjoyable part was getting to help people walk through the trials of Health and Wellness. Re-learning mis-taught concepts for the benefit of a family-owned franchise that is heavily linked in the community.
Pro érvek
Free Lunch (vegan/vegetarian fare)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management and Staff at the YMCA of Greater Dayton are unbelievably welcoming. The environment created among the Association is something that is hard to duplicate.
Management, flexible hours
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work! Fun safe environment. • Responsible for maintaining documentation within the sports’ database for youth programs. • Organized, and led several Boys and Girls Basketball teams, Soccer teams, and Flag Football camps. • Oversaw government sponsored nutritional lunch programs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work environment with people who can about what they are doing and love to help people. don't pay much money being that they are a non profit employer