Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Davenport, IA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Davenport, IA40 értékelés
40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 246 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Newcomb Early Learning Center was a very clean organized facility the staff were very nice and welcoming I enjoyed working there and was able to establish professional relationships with families as well
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working there but there was alot of favortizime I didn't like. I put up because I loved the kids. Then I had enough. Even after i talk to other staff I made the hard choice to leave.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over the past year and five months Ive worked at the Ymca I’d say it is a good job for teenagers and college students. Its a great first job! The patrons and co-workers and respectful sometimes and I believe being a lifeguard/swim instructor is a good job for beginners.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time there and I took care of upward to 35 children a in a four hour day for four days a week working at 8.00. I would recommend to those with a calm attitude towards life and can hold composure in an hectic environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a place where your coworkers sorta become family to you. As you start working there. Everybody is respectful and caring. It keeps you on your feet.
Free food
Very hot
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job to have it’s all hands on working with kids and helping them get work done and become better at interacting with other children. They eat snack and play most of the time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had the pleasure of looking after young children and see them grow up and end up going to school. The parents and other teachers were most of the time fun to get to know.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
In my area the YMCA is poorly managed .
worked under 5 different aquatic directors

worked under 6 different center directors

watched mission driven employees leave because of lack management and organization

They want quality employees but does not give enough compensation to gain and retain great employees.

Little career advancement

expect your part time position to be your life

unreal exceptions

you pay for all certifications

corporate employees are sexist

Pro érvek
you meet great people staff and memebers
Kontra érvek
unorganized not family oriented does not follow mission statement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with elementary school aged children kept you on your toes and challenged you everyday. Loved the parent interaction as well as the school administration and staff as they became partners and willing to lend a helping hand with teaching techniques and other advice. Working with staff was fun and uplifting.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a great experience working there and think it's a very laid back job. I also enjoyed my boss and coworkers. I am very grateful i had the opportunity to work there.
CPR class
Nothing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While it is fun to work with the children and help them learn how to grow (and learn about it all yourself through (usually) paid for training), due to the pay rate we are understaffed which is very stressful when dealing with ratio.

We have been hiring for half a year now and no one applies because of the pay rate and everyone is looking for different jobs that pay more, which is unfortunate because every teacher here LOVES their kiddos and the job.

My boss could not be anymore helpful and amazing. She goes above and beyond to help the children, families, and staff. Another concern is job advancement. There's plenty of training, but unless another teavher quits, there's no moving up really.

The environment we provide really helps the kids and knowing how much they learn and seeing it is very fulfilling. The saddest part is seeing a kid leave the center, to be honest.

Pros:

- fun!

- Aiding in teaching the fundamentals of being a little human to kids and watching them grow.

- paid for training (very useful in this field)

- collaborative work environment

Cons:

- pay rate

- job advancement

- understaffed
Pro érvek
Breakfast lunch snack provided and encouraged to eat with kids, fun, fulfilling, paid training, understanding boss, good qorl environment
Kontra érvek
Understaffed, poor job advancement, low pay rate for how much work we do
Munkahelyi kultúra
Day to day activities depend on which Branch your working. Downtown-More of the elderly crowd not as busy in the evenings versus North branch which is dealing more with children and teenagers
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a little extra money in my pocket and a free membership. It's fun being a part of the community. Being a lifeguard is a serious responsibility and can be boring at times. It's frustrating when others don't take it seriously.
free membership
co-workers not showing up
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the YMCA. The pay isn't great, but I never woke up not wanting to go in for work. I always had a smile on my face, my coworkers were awesome, and so were the kids!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my first job an i love being their with them learning anything.

This job have a lot positions and skill to be learn and have awesome boss for each YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
While being a lifeguard at this job, I had to make plenty of saves and fix plenty of injuries. The job taught me a lot about first aid and how awareness is a huge factor in a job.
Helped with skills
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job, but lack of communication on a corporate level. loved my staff, loved the members and excelled in communication with overall individuals going and coming. I believe in the mission of making it a better community, however, Corporate has lost that vision and only sees the bottom line as a dollar, not the individual
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like the job, but my mother became ill. I left to take care of her until she pass. If I was promises my job back. If I return before three years. I was.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
no typical day the kids allways have you on your toes
never to expect anything you have to fly by the seems of your pants from time to time

managment is nice
coloring
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in cleaning machines, equipment and work areas in food and beverage industry.
Successfully managed a 2-person team doing maintenance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the ymca learning center has a great schedule for each age group that helps them grown and develop every way they need to. Most of the teachers have been there for years. Its always good for the families with multiple children to see the same teacher taking care of each child as they get older.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés