Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Dallas, TX

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
126 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
There full time positions are fulfilling although stressful is no understatement. Your part time staff can make your life a breeze or a living nightmare. You upper managers can be very reluctant to give you the ability you need to create a team that works for you.
Free gym membership, Nice people, Decent management
Kontra érvek
Could be payed more elsewhere, staffing crisis
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working here part-time. Great work environment, great co-workers and management. Okay pay for part-time work. Pay bi-weekly. Easy to get promotion/raise.
Flexibility, great work environment
Pay rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each of the Dallas YMCAs has its own interview process. The industry standard pay rate was honored. I was comfortable working at the Coppell location under Diane Beaver. Other locations changed fitness managers often and were somewhat confusing. Some locations like Grand Prairie and Flower Mound would be better off closing permanently or relocating. I was never hired to teach at White Rock or Town East. Each location as well had its ways and issues. I worked very hard and always covered for other instructors. However, no certified instructor would sub bodypump for me at 5am. Members said they loved my classes and not just because i bribed them. After the flu crisis group fitness managers were removed and recalls were unfair. I was often mislead or not informed about changes to les mills licensing at facilities. I would ask the managers is this gym interested in les mills barre and they would tell me no then add the license after i went to bodyattack training. I would recommend keeping track of hours worked so nothing goes missing.
Pro érvek
Providing a fair workout to people and getting constructive feedback.
Kontra érvek
Fake looks and secrets, Some what non transparent, In the end no respect for your effort and ability, Swept under the rug.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy the autonomy the branches possess. Our leadership at the branch level is able to assess the need of the community and provide resources to build stronger families, individuals and communities. If you're looking to learn customer service skills, the Y is a great place to start.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Would recommend this job to anyone. Flexible hours. Great kids you will learning something new everyday. The supervisors are always willing to help any way they can. whether it be time off or extra hours they are always there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the SEMONES YMCA has changed my life. It brings me happiness and helps me connect to the community. I work in membership and I love talking to so many diverse people and I working with incredible people. My boss is the best! Everyone at the Y has treated me with kindness and love!
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love working with kids and watching them develop, there's nothing better. I made a ton of great relationships. There's a certain innocence that you can't find anywhere else.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job , fun to do, poor pay, hurts when you can’t work on no school days, no pay. You’ll find yourself stretching a paycheck to survive the month. Hours are weird!
Munkahelyi kultúra
If interested in childcare, after school programs, sports and fitness, and nutrition this place is for you. Getting CPR training for free and other course offerings for employees is a bonus.
Free YMCA gym membership
Kontra érvek
low pay and slow advancements
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not work under Sas especially in Dallas Texas under JW Taylor is the most fake racist snake manager there. I do not recommend nobody to work there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day was normal and always different. The kids i use to watch were always sweet to us. I've learned lots of good things , how to carry a baby properly , just so much stuff. I loved going everyday and having a smile on my face.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working here, the people were friendly and the workers motivated. I interacted with the members on a daily basis and sometimes had to be a counselor as well as a member services representative. I performed tasks all over the building, making myself familiar with all departments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They do not know how to treat their employees. It's not worth all the paperwork. YMCA training is horrible considering that you will be working with kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed it while we had or family culture. Camping is more like owning a farm everyone pitches in and when it is time to do the work you do the work till it gets done but instead of fruits and vegetables you are growing relationships experience and people
Munkahelyi kultúra
great for individuals in school to teach. it s a job at the end of the day. a very small paycheck at the end of 2 weeks. No holiday pay. you have to be hired for ANY extra work and must interview each year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
be given the opportunity to connect and engage with students. gaining relationships and helping students with any battle they may face. simply being role in others lives
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working for the YMCA because they are very flexible and family centered. There are plenty of opportunities to move up. My only hang up is the pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a fun place to work at. the environment is extremely relaxed. They take the training seriously and allow their employees to move forward in positions as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working with Y members. I helped members reach their goals to become healthier and more active. My direct boss, was inspiring. I was able to come to her when I needed help. The Health and Wellness leaders were inspiring and effective.
job satisfaction
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was wonderful to work with the kids and the parents. The amount of hours that were required to have a decent after school program was not included in the pay. The management/organization support was low due to the manager and school ratio. The lessons plans were well put together and the supplies that were provided were a huge help.
Working with kids
Kontra érvek
Too many planning hours for pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a job where you can work with children and learn ways to help them grow. The workplace is very diverse and they make sure to not exclude any one out. I was a group leader and assistant site director when the site director was not present. As a group leader you supervise 15 children and make sure they are safe at all times. As an assistant site director, I made sure all the kids were present on the roaster and talked to parents when needed. The hardest part of the job was not getting attached. Because of the YMCA policy, we can not give children gifts or accept gifts from the parents of the children.
Free YMCA membership