Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Cupertino, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Cupertino, CA23 értékelés
23 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working and helping co-workers, and my old boss was extremely flexible with my work schedule. Most of the other co-workers that I hung out with and talked with were in high school around my age.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my clients. They did make it easy to get clients and they do make you meet any quotas. The down side is the pay. I know it is a nonprofit but when they would increase pt sessions they did not increase the pay to the trainers. This made it hard for people to afford sessions so you would lose clients and lose money.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I always enjoyed kids from a young age, helping them learn new ways of life and just being around great people is always great. My favorite times of days were in the morning when the kids ran towards you with exciting news or as they're leaving waving goodbye with a huge smile shouting "SEE YOU TOMORROW!"
Munkahelyi kultúra
-Very easy and quick interview process
-Common for people to interact with leadership

-Non-profit, busy, rewarding, a sense of community

-Workplace culture more serious than silly/high-energy

-Easy to make friends with peers and clientele

-Learned to multi-task and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Pro érvek
Break-room, friends, community, discount membership for yourself and household, no overnight hours, and healthy vibes.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, the occasional crazy/mean customer, and non-stop laundry, not much room for growth, low-hiring budget
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was really fun. I enjoyed working with the kids because they are never board. My managers was awesome. She always let me know about new opportunities. They paid for my CPR certification.
Always interesting
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Y was fine. It was tiring and exhausting being with 40+ children all day - it was basically daycare. I learned how to work with parents and gain their trust.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with kids was my favorite part of this job. But the consistent change of staff and management made it stressful for everyone around them. Management themselves sometimes create unecessary drama that just makes work so much stressful and less enjoyable.
Cool staff
Low wages, disorganized management
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ymca prides itself on community development, but lacks leadership among child care and summer camp leadership. They went on a hiring spree and hired any warm body they could get.
FREE Y MEMBERSHIP
NO 10 MIN BREAKS GIVEN
Munkahelyi kultúra
This employment is a great start in working in the education filed. You get to learn the State Standards of what the children should be learning in each individual grade, how to deliver high quality programming for after school centers, A place to build great relationships with students, parents, and school faculty. Management team are willing to work with you when inquiring on advancements within the employment.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is very unorganized with poor management. The reason I stayed as long as I did was because of my participating families and their children. I would work long hours with no compensation or recognition. It is very unfortunate that they do not care about the staff.
Fun
No Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place if you want to start your be a teacher one day it gives you lots of experience and they help you get closer to your dream job with paid training
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is important to lay down the rules from day one, especially for younger children. Provide enough support for them to want to try something challenging, but once you get to know the individual students better the real challenge is knowing when to push them a little more. The staff are very friendly and always a good choice to go for advice to on lesson plans and teaching methods.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very high emphasis on workplace and camper safety. Inclusive work environment. Eye opening experience working with kids. Relatively entertaining camp activities to ensure both camper and leader engagement with that week's theme.
Pro érvek
Great company culture, eye opening experience
Kontra érvek
Risk of burn out, working with kids isn't for everyone
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked with kids, supervising them while their parents or guardians were working out.

I learned to be patient and how to communicate with the children

The hardest part was getting the kids to listen in hostile situations; when they fight or get rowdy.

The most enjoyable part is to have fun with the kids and goof around, as well as being their role model and mentor
Pro érvek
free gym memberships and building relationships
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work awesome co workers/ head boss people are great trying to take up space so I can get on with this process already but I'm not there yet
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was 13 when I started as a volunteer at the YMCA. I was given a lot of help and support and I was encouraged to get involved and put myself out there. It was a great experience for me, especially at that developmental age where I got used to customer service and helping people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun group of people to work with, always wanting to provide excellent customer service, everyone was very friendly and approachable, really great work environment
great
lots of chlorine
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for the YMCA as a wellness coordinator, where I was able to learn and grow as an individual. The employees at the YMCA are always upbeat, have a smile on their face, and willing to help anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A standard day of work is by no means standard. On any given day, regular staff can be subbed out to other child care sites, site Directors can be caught up in meetings, and problem children may or may not be having a bad day. The easiest way to handle the constantly changing landscape of the job is to learn to roll with it.

If nothing else, I have learned a great deal about patience and flexibility from my time at the YMCA. Both have been necessary tools for day to day activities, both with children and the management, and those tools carried over to other aspects of my life.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job, has to be the kids. "The ones who need love the most, ask for it in the most unloving ways."- and it's part of the job to handle that sort of thing, but it's also part of the job to play slapjack or Beyblades or run speed cubing competitions.

It's a real mixed bag of joy, pride, and daily frustrations. I think it's a matter of character if you let the bad overshadow the good though.
Pro érvek
Easy going environment, amicable staff, decent compensation
Kontra érvek
Odd work hours, lack of job advancement, little managerial support
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I coached basketball for kids it was a great way for me to know that I was impacting others in a positive way. I could teach young children how to manage their disagreements and solve their problems politely and diplomatically. I am looking forward to influencing others positively in a new position, whatever that may be.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a swim instructor is fun, and I really enjoy teaching and playing with the kids. A typical workday would consist of teaching kids the pool guidelines and to stay safe in the pool and in the pool area. Also, I teach them swimming strokes and evaluate them a week or two later, and at the end of each session there is playtime with the kids. Which, basically means the swim instructors play with the kids in the pool.

Some of the things I learned from this job are, how to swim better myself from watching how the other instructors teach the kids, and how to teach and manage kids better.

The management in the aquatics center at the Northwest YMCA is very serious, although it is a good thing because it ensures that the kids are safe and that they also learn a lot, not just swimming, but also how to stay safe.

As far as my co-workers go, I was excited to meet them at first, but then I found out most of them were either in high school or in their second or third year of college and some of them have a cold personality, so I do not know how to interact with them, although I do try, and I still am, and they don't quite have the passion of teaching the kids as I do. They prefer being life guards.

I would describe interacting with my co-workers and working with them as the hardest part of my job because they do not really talk much with me and some of them I am not sure what is going on with them exactly. I hope I can understand them and build a better relationship with them one day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to teach the kids swimming strokes
 - több...
Pro érvek
Free YMCA staff membership and other member benefits
Kontra érvek
Not many benefits aside from free membership and member benfits