Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Columbus, OH

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
76 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 798 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mission driven, supportive culture and community focused. Established partnerships with other non-profits to better serve the community. Was always more than a gym and a swim. Created opportunities for member volunteerism.
Pro érvek
You wear many hats at the Y
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its not a fair place to work. They dont utilize everyones abilites. "The click" which includes the property manager and the supervisor wont include newly hired employees in conversation.
Paid lunch
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has been very rewarding working with the homeless population and I enjoy the nature of my work. However the management is complete trash. Never have I ever worked for a company that is filled with so much nepotism and favoritism. A lot of the new team is friends with the current director and she’s not the nicest person either. They lack communication skills, emails go unanswered and when you attempt to talk to some members of leadership you are really dismissed like it’s not their problem. The Shift leads are unprofessional and rude. They curse & yell at the residents and workers. They don’t have the compassion needed to properly work the job and they gossip about everybody from the residents to the staff. The building is not properly cleaned and they don’t really have everything the residents need at certain shelters. I’m glad I don’t work there anymore but I am grateful for the experience to help the homeless.
Helping the homeless
Kontra érvek
Leadership is trash, facilities are dirty, and no opportunity to grow
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve been with the YMCA Head Start for a year And a Half. Their expectations of you were higher than the pay! Too much favoritism in the workplace. Because of COVID 19, I was forced to quit my job. The YMCA HeadStart did not have Alternatives for me. It's just sad that a huge company ”Headstart.” we lack a lot of professionalism in the workplace. Then talk about not able to get unemployment! They don't give unemployment!!!!
Working With Kids
Low Pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was with the YMCA of Central Ohio for 7 years. I loved the community focus of the organization and the welcoming environment they fostered for members. I also liked the amount of professional development training I received. However, a major point of frustration was low pay and high staff turnover, which often left employees “overworked and underpaid”. In my 7 years I was able to advance positions twice, and I gained a lot of valuable work experience, but even after graduating college and having a supervisory role, my pay was not what it needed to be for me to live comfortably. The fact that I was making far less than peers with similar credentials and years of experience at other companies was a huge part of my decision to seek employment elsewhere. The YMCA remains a part of my roots and I am forever grateful for the lessons learned while employed there, but I think the organization mostly benefits college students, part-time employees, and those in upper management positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I cannot speak for the YMCA nationwide, but the YMCA of Central Ohio was horrendously mismanaged when I worked for them as a lifeguard. The downtown office and branch managers would consistently overwork their aquatics directors and treat them with a shameful lack of respect. At my branch alone, they had to replace four aquatics directors in four years, due to untenable workplace politics. The downtown office and branch managers would subject their aquatics directors, and the lifeguards and swim instructors under them, to their volatile whims, placing an incredible amount of stress on everyone who worked in aquatics. I had worked at other pools before the YMCA, and at none of them were the employees so overworked for so little benefit. We never had enough lifeguards on staff, especially during the busy summer season, wherein the lifeguards would run themselves ragged just to keep the facilities open. Because our branches were so understaffed, we were given an unmanageable amount of maintenance and management duties, in addition to our primary role as lifeguards--all for a meagre $8.25 an hour. Our branch manager would not let any of us work more than forty hours, even though we desperately needed more lifeguards during the busiest shifts, because we were not allowed to be paid overtime. Then, when everything was engulfed in absolute chaos, the entire aquatics department, director and all, would bear the blame for being "inefficient." Even if you end up working for the same terrible wages, you can find plenty of other places in Central Ohio who are better managed, and - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for YMCA they care very welcoming to all culture. Never discriminated against anyone. They would decorate the building with everything culture to show they welcome all types.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Team is amazing and very open to help with all and any questions. Population is very hard to manage. Tasks change day to day but purpose of organization and main priority is to maintain housing and sustain housing of those within the housing programs of the YMCA
Flexible hours, Management help
Kontra érvek
Little training, Stress with population, High case loads, Mental Health of employee, Safety
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is horribly exploitative of its workers. I was a lifeguard and would often work 5 hour shifts with no break or human interaction. They seldom checked on you and management is awful at communication.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a site director for an after school and before school program in Columbus City Schools. It was VERY tough. I didn't have enough support from staff and it was an extremely long, split-scheduled day. Pay is just decent. My managers cared about me and I really cared for the kids, but it wasn't enough for me to stay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As I said before it was just very community based and just a warming place for all families no matter what race, ethnicity or background to come and work out , swim or do any other activity they wanted to partake in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve been working at the Y for almost a year. Overall, this experience has been a impactful journey. The facilites goal is to make the guest happy and I think they have reached many’s expectations. I learned how to deal with situations independently. They certify lifeguards and the awesome thing is that everything is paid for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and great place to serve our community. The YMCA help you grow as a person and professional to better yourself as a person.The YMCA has great resources and awesome staff members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a great place to work. The environment is great. Compensation is a bit below industry standard. Work life balance is good. IT is a NPO so most of the pro and cons of non profits is what you will find..
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is good for those that want to be overworked and under paid. The job responsibilities are overwhelming, and it doesn't look like it's gonna change any time soon.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Please make sure you get a good vibe with directors because the poor communication and lack of professionalism took over being in a satisfying workplace. I have never had to go to two different people about one day off because the two directors at ymca could not collab about their staff members. Make sure everything is written on paper and signed or it will backlash. I would not reconvene working at the ymca affiliates with Kipp or wit
Munkahelyi kultúra
A mixed bag of easy and hard shifts. Management supports staff and encourages growth in skills and knowledge! Opportunities to grow within organization. Communication, team-work and authentic relationships are a must when looking to create an impact in the Y community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is doing a great job integrating itself into the surrounding communities. They have partnered with corporations in order to supply benefits for partner employees.
Free Membership
work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
However the management team does not have mental or emotional ties to employees with permeate illnesses that can cause time at work. I would not go back due to how I was treated while employed, My suggestions did not matter at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A company that invests in it's employees. A typical month you will see at least 3-4 opportunity's to advance your career. They care about finding the right position so all employees can be sucessful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on your branch, can be a fun workplace. You learn different cultures and people. Majority of the days were busy, specially at night. Dealing with parents were the hardest part of the job.