Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Columbia, SC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Columbia, SC38 értékelés
38 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 235 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to work. A lot of drama and frustrations from corporate. Nonprofit means low pay and constantly raising money. I would work here if I had very young children so they could work with me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a fine place to get started and to dip your toes into the job field. I applied as a high schooler in need of extra cash, and that worked well for me at the time. I likely wouldn't go back unless it was to supplement my income by way of another part time job, and even then, the nonprofit nature of the organization means you're offered minimum wage with few opportunities for raises.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I absolutely love my job. I work with happy people and I am doing what I love to do, which is working in the fitness industry. I like helping other people improve their lives.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to workout at but not to work! Management have no clue what they are doing and they are not willing to train anyone!!! The pay is very low and not enough hours. Seem like they hire only high school kids to work with kids. Hope YMCA take a look at the management team in Columbia SC!!! Had a lot of behavioral kids that should have been kicked out! The main person in charge has no clue about staff needs and issues!
Kids are the best
Poor Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
For a first job, the ymca was the perfect place for me. I love working with the kids because you build a relationship with them. The only thing is the building is older so there was some maintenance issues but overall it's a good work experience.
Free membership
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
flexible schedule, program diversity, leadership opportunities, training and certifications. Management and work culture were hardest to work around. enjoyed the learning
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to feel welcomed and encouraged! Working for the YMCA has helped establish meaningful relationships with our fellow staff, members and community.
Great interaction
Parking
Munkahelyi kultúra
I didn't enjoy working at the YMCA because of the dominating family and their overpouring of religion and needs to incorporate it into every lesson. The Branch Director's children were able to get job in any section they wanted to even when they were proven to not be liked by other coworkers or the families themselves. The environment was entirely too stressful as management rarely stood up against unruly or out of line parents so keeping your mouth shut is the best thing to do. My personality did not align with what was need / desired by the facility and they showed it for sure. Had to leave for college but was so excited to put my two weeks in.
Pro érvek
Free membership, able to take time off easily
Lack of coporation
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good job. The kids are cool or what not but depending on the site that you get it can be the worst. Good little job if you are in college/school. This a good little afternoon Job. Hours are from 1or2 to about 6 or 6:30ish. Your hours depends on who your supervisor is how much a supervisor likes you and how many children are at your site around closing time which is 6 o’clock. Sunday was you may leave early and some days he may not depending on how many children all left when it gets closer to 5:45. It order to really be successful in this job you have to be full of energy at all times.
Pro érvek
Very fun, laid-back, and chill environment.
Kontra érvek
No brakes, you can’t sit down
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great working environment. Relocation options/potential was a plus as well as flexible working hours. Great full-time and career growth potential as well as flexibility as a part-time job, for students, etc.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Front desk is a very fast paced job for the most part. You have to be a people person to work the front desk. The staff is remarkable. They are caring and very fun to work with.
I loved being able to work part time.
Pro érvek
the staff, the flexible hours, the members
Kontra érvek
low pay for the amount of things you need to know to provide good customer service
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was my first job that I've ever had. I started when I was 16, and this is by far the most laid back experience that I've ever had. Almost too laid back, but other than that the experience was enjoyable.
Relaxed environment, good people
Kontra érvek
Lack of structure, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a Wellness Coach and I also do some Personal Training too. Good place to work and I am grateful to be there after a lengthy absence from the wellness/fitness field.
Free gym membership
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The atmosphere was productive. I was there for my final semester as an intern, and though I was unable to break into my actual intended profession, I was able to see how a gym and community center was run.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day is different due to the high rate of new kids that enroll in the after school program every week. Working with the vast pool of personalities and needs of every child in your group can make a day of work very hard. It can be a rewarding job in the fact that you can brighten a kids day if they had a bad day at school or is just having a bad week. Workplace culture is what you make of it. You can participate in the drama or you can stick to yourself. Overall, there is no feeling of your work being truly appreciated. Parents can be disrespectful, children can be disrespectful, and coworkers can be disrespectful and as staff you are expected to just brush it off with no real confidant to speak too and expect some change to be enforced. There is also no sense of advancement in your position whether it's just a pay increase or actual job title change.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved this job. It was more than a job, you felt part of the mission and programs.

Supervised 2 to 5 employees, and made sure HR guidelines and procedures were followed.

I was always very busy but loved it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was unable to continue work due to involvement in PTA school . A typical day at work included supervision of the gym and also personal training clients.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has been a great oppurtunity to meet new people and make an impact on the community. The job is very flexible with your schedule and there is alot of room for growth in the organization.
flexible schedule
weekly hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Downtown Columbia YMCA was an excellent model of what all YMCA's should aspire to become. The staff was young, knowledgable and extremely helpful. Day to day operations and employee expectations were well communicated by management and the staff was always ready and willing to take care of any and all problems. They were well prepared for any task thanks to training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work. I enjoy working there meet new people and working at my own pace and no want to stand over you tell me what to do also love the benefit and the management team was wonderful hate the fact that they close down
Pro érvek
Free lunch and great tips / free membership to gym
Healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's always a personally enriching and educating experience to work, teach young people within your community.

The Y and their staff make everything extremely easy.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés