YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colorado Springs, CO

96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 244 értékelés megtekintése
Great Place to Work and Grow
Aquatics Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2016, március 4.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region has a great habit of training and investing in their employees. They are financially sound and are working on creating one of the best cultures I have ever seen. With many non-profits, there is an issue with work/life balance and tacking on extra responsibilities. But your experience will be what you make of it. You will never have a typical day at a Y because on any given day there will be any number of different programs happening or members who want to speak with you. I hardly sit longer than 2 hours at a time. Your health and physical fitness are encouraged in the branches. Management tries to be as open as they can be and co-workers are one of the best parts of the job. The most enjoyable part, though, is the impact you make every day. You can actually see the effect your influence has on the lives of others daily! The hardest part of the job is the time. Although it is a "40-hour a week" job, you will likely be working 50+ on average due to the nature of a non-profit. It does depend on the area of focus.
Pro érvek
employee investment, good management, different every day
hours, balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Great Place to work
Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2016, február 15.
If you are family oriented then this is the place for you. They live up to their word. The patrons are the best too. This place will make your day everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great family work environment.
Head Guard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2016, január 31.
Working at the YMCA has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I have made a positive impact for the community for close to 14 years. As a lifeguard and swim instructor I have been able to be apart of a positive culture and help build a great family environment for the community.
Pro érvek
Family values, Positive work environment, Great benefits for full time workers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Amazing Place to work
Membership Service Consultant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2015, november 9.
I love working for the YMCA. I grew up with the Y, and dreamed of working there as an adult, working at the Y allows you to have fun at work, enjoy the people you work with, and know you're working with a good cause.
Pro érvek
great environment, amazing benefits, great cause
Kontra érvek
Non-profit work means lower wages, but it's worth it.
2,0
dont work here
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2015, szeptember 27.
DON'T WORK FOR THE YMCA AS A LIFEGUARD.
the pay is terrible, you might get plenty of hours at first, but expect hour cuts. sometimes you'll rarely get lunch breaks. You'll get to meet new people that are fun to work with and you'll form bonds with these people because you have to work closely with these people, but the company itself is a terrible. you basically come in and do the same thing day in day out, decent job for a teenager who needs a summer job, but for someone who needs and all year job dont even consider this place.
required to take 10 minute breaks every hour
Kontra érvek
rarely get to take lunch breaks, constantly loud, constant issues with patrons.
Awesome place to work
HEAD LIFEGUARD (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2014, december 10.
Great people and lots of oppurtunity. I can truly say that i come home each day happy with what I did that day, which is hard to come by. Love everyone I work with and everyone that come in is always in a great mood. Overall, one of the best places I've ever worked and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon
Great environment
Few full time positions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, casual, learning environment.
Wellness Center Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2014, október 7.
Greet the early morning members.Ensure disinfectant bottles are full, clean towels on equipment.
Make copies of exercise logs.
Test, analyze equipment problems. Enter in Facility Dude software.
Greet members by name. Be available to instruct members how to properly use exercise equipment.
Prepare paperwork for scheduled appointments.
Clean assigned equipment.
Change towels on equipment when needed.

I've learned to first listen to each member's story because this will affect how I will structure an exercise program for them.

Getting to know management and co-workers in each area - aquatics, child care, sports - helps me to better serve the members I work with.

Hardest part of the job is getting up at 3:30 AM.

Most enjoyable part is showing members how to workout safely and effectively and seeing changes in their lifestyles as a result of finding a fun way to exercise. Working with seniors, especially veterans and hearing their stories is so rewarding.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, learning new ways of exercising, casual dress
Kontra érvek
Unhealthy environment in gyms - bacteria, viruses
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy working with all types of people as well as the stakeholders
Operations Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2014, március 31.
Typical day included responding to the members requests. I enjoy working with people, and want to continue my career working for the stakeholders.
Pro érvek
working with people and trying to solve daily issues and problems with my staff
Kontra érvek
try not to find cons with my woirk environment. Very positive and optmiistic person
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
3,0
Iffy workplace
Youth Program Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2013, november 9.
A typical day at work required supervision of the children and preparing their snack and helping with homework. I had previous experience in childcare so there wasn't really anything to pick up skill wise. Management was lack. My direct boss did not always comply with the rules and she had trouble controlling all of the children and didn't quite have all of their respect. These particular things made the job a little hard. But I enjoyed working with the kids and trying to instill proper values in them/
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Amazing organization
Childwatch Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2013, október 10.
Very strong non-profit with an excellent set of core values. Management is very professional and the YMCA was a fabulous place to work!
friendly staff
low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
A caring place to work
Regional Facilities Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2013, augusztus 21.
As Regional Facility Director at two YMCA’s I maintained two buildings totaling 125,000 sq. ft., earning four consecutive Gold Facility Audit awards. Supervised 5 Facility Technicians and numerous volunteers and contractors. Worked with architects and GC’s to modernize front entrance. Worked w/ city to get needed signage. Promoted in 2009.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, safe place to work and get to know members!
Swim Coach/ Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  colorado springs, co2013, augusztus 6.
I worked at the YMCA for 7 years, and I have learned how to handle people in scary situations, and how to maintain control. I learned how to hold myself to a higher standard and that it continues outside of the workplace. I miss the kids, and the people that I got to know.
Workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2013, május 16.
Management was wonderful until maternity leave is granted then when returning to work your hours aren't given to you like they were agreed to before leaving to have a baby.
Co-Workers were wonderful
Creative and energetic
Receptionist/ Child Watch (Volt alkalmazott) –  colorado springs co2013, április 22.
Would arrive at work and then help the customers with signing them into the systems and then answer the phone lines and direct them to the proper place. Enjoyed working with the people I worked with and then being able to get creative and play with the children and being able to take care of them was fun and enjoyable
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and create relationships
Lifeguard Shift Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2012, november 1.
The YMCA is a great place to work because everyday you get to work with people who want to better their lives. Also if you want to create relationships and make friends easily, then the YMCA is the place to be.
friends, managers

Tekintsen meg YMCA további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van