YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colorado Springs, CO

96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 254 értékelés megtekintése
Fun first job
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 22.
I had a great time working at the Y. I would come to work and there were very clear expectations of what I needed to get done in terms of chores and responsibilities. I learned a lot with this job, for instance, how to show up on time, how to respect my coworkers and how to be responsible for my own chores. The management was alright, but was not the best. There was very little room to get promotions or raises in my experience, however my male coworkers would beg to differ. There were very little difficult duties at my job, but the hardest part was keeping up on my life saving skills. The rest was pretty easy going.
nice coworkers, short shifts
Kontra érvek
little room for promotions, very hot
Laid back gym setting
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 20.
Lifeguarding and swim instructing for the YMCA was a rewarding experience which helped me to gain confidence and ability as a rescuer and a swim instructor.
gym membership
low pay
fun work environment
Site Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 13.
I have made great friends while working here. It is a great community. Great people. A great place to gain experience when looking further into a career.
1,0
Pros and Cons
Membership Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 11.
Front desk staff are friendly and members are generally fun to interact with. The main problems at the YMCA are poor management, and micromanaging issues. Other issues include poor pay, lack of advancement opportunities, and illegal hours. Some facilities schedule their staff for more than 6 hours per shift without break.
healthy culture
Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, július 25.
I only teach group exercise classes, and although I'm not always there, I feel the loving, caring environment. The YMCA really does care about people, both members and employees. It's real, not just talk.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Community Programs Director, Garden Ranch YMCA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, július 14.
The YMCA is a conservative religious organization. The YMCA tends to only promote and encourage specific individuals to managerial positions. The YMCA is biased in its hiring/promotion practices.
Interaction with the community
Kontra érvek
Biased hiring practices, Low salaries which do not provide a living wage
Munkahelyi kultúra
good for someone who needs part time
Childwatch (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, július 4.
this is a great place to work if you only need part time work. I didn't like their employer rating system. I felt it was unfair that you could never get the highest rating.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mixed feelings about the job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, május 21.
There are people who will violate the terms/requirements of the job for personal gain (Example: letting co-workers sit at the stand up to three times the required amount). This job was not for me, as the stress of someone's life being at state had made it difficult to make the best course of action. Regardless of what I have experience, I hoped that the work environment made some positive change after I have left.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive work environment with friendly staff and members
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, február 2.
I LOVE this organization. It promotes not only a healthy lifestyle, but also a healthy mental lifestyle with the overwhelming kindness of the staff and members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Recreation is a stressful place to work
Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, január 29.
If you are looking to work for the YMCA it is a great place to work at. I do the same job now at a university. Some days I miss the YMCA, other days I am glad I don't work there anymore.
Staff and Patrons are awesome
Kontra érvek
Leadership staff do not follow the mission
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a fun, active and positive work environment.
Dance Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, január 24.
Athletic, Fun and Physical Work Place. Many fun dance and yoga classes are offered to Y employees as well as required CPR, Oxygen and First Aid Training and Certificates.
Free Yoga Classes
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours as a dance instructor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Service and Membership Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, január 15.
I was a lifeguard and it was a great fun job with great people and a very close team atmosphere. Became a supervisor later and again it was fun and a great place to work.
Pro érvek
team atmosphere and fun to work at
money
Excellent Environment
Member Services Director/Fitness Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, december 7.
I have never worked for a company that genuinely develops the individual. They invested each year in a summit to help the leaders grow and develop. It's great to be a part of something that helps the community so much.
Not very nice
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, november 27.
I was the only latino and was not treated right and for the one other color person they to did not treat right.
Loved the children and love working with them.
2,0
Good place to start.
MEMBERSHIP SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, november 14.
Management is not very caring and are not very willing to work around your schedule. Some are very kind, but you have to be at their service to keep your job.
Very friendly environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, november 13.
The YMCA is a very open and friendly community. The pool area tends to get pretty busy but fortunately the staff all acts as a team. I really wish I didn't have to relocate, I would've stayed if I had a choice.
Friendly staff
Not scheduled long hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rock climing with a lovely pool.
Child Care (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, október 17.
I enjoyed learning and interacting with the kids because this was an fun journey to be a part of the YMCA community. Also get to try new things to learn more about what is coming towards people from then and to the near future.
The people, kids, activities
Money
Munkahelyi kultúra
What to expect working at the YMCA
Child Care (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, október 13.
- Sometimes there are busy days and sometimes there are slow days.

- It is a great place to work.

- Remembering to sign up for yearly CPR classes.

-Being around different people
Turnover is high
Member Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, október 3.
I worked for the YMCA for over year, the turnover is incredibly high. In that year alone I’ve had four bosses. Other staff members have been quitting recently because of the lack of retainment.
Free membership for employees
Horrible pay
Fun easy-going work environment
Membership Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, szeptember 23.
I enjoyed my two summers working the front desk at the Y. It had a structured yet fun atmosphere. All rules were pretty self-explanatory because they were for the safety of all people.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van