YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colorado Springs, CO

96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 296 értékelés megtekintése
1,0
not good
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, július 20.
Everything is always changing there because you get a new aquatics director like every six months who brings a whole new set of rules and pressures. too stressful to get paid minimum wage.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
No opportunity for job advancement
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, július 19.
No opportunity for job advancement, too competitive; you are constantly fighting others to get clients to maintain your PT status, and you don't get any benefits.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for flexible hours!
7th grade initiative program (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, július 8.
My supervisor at Downtown YMCA for 7th Grade Initiative was awesome. I also worked 10 years part-time at the Briargate YMCA and met many great co-workers!
Free work-outs.
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good for resumes not for long term
Youth Activity Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, június 22.
If you work in the child care area you will never be appreciated. My boss told us she was sorry that we were so under appreciated and underpaid for all our qualifications when we have the most training in the entire YMCA's including all the training that everyone else has that get paid more.
Free membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Changing sites once in a while
YMCA After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, május 23.
Every one I worked with the last few months have been great. I was at sevral different sites with them. One time I was asked if I could work at one of the other elementary school for the next day and I said I would.
helping other schools
the drives
Fun environment
Shift Lead/ Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO 809102019, május 17.
Cool place. Coworkers were fun and tolerable. Training sessions every weekwas great and taught everybody what the right thing to do in a situation. Hours were great too.
Hours, staff
shot breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Flexible work hours and an easily attainable job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, május 12.
The lifeguards are all close with each other and have lots of chances to get to know one another. As a result, if something comes up and you need to miss a shift, it is very likely that another guard can cover for you. The YMCA will also cover lifeguarding courses, CPR courses, oxygen courses, and first aid courses required for the job. the lifeguarding courses cost about $200 and will be fully covered if the guard works for a 90-day minimum.
Minimum wage.
Overall Satisfied
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, április 14.
Provides a variety of options for job positions and schedules
Great family place and inviting. You can learn a great deal about community and individuals in any position at the YMCA
Easy going workplace
Sports Camp Counselor/Membership Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, április 10.
Super easy-going, loved my boss, worked with cool people, patrons were friendly and kind to the staff
My only complaint is that my hours sucked and they have a hard time keeping directors
Munkahelyi kultúra
free membership to the gym
Shift Lead Lifeguard and Swim Team Coach (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, április 2.
you get to know the people that come every day to swim and take water classes. the free gym membership helps keep you in shape and love the water classes.
Pro érvek
short shifts and you get to help out at other YMCA's when needed.
Kontra érvek
work week hours are only 28 hrs for every guard.
Great Place to Work
Group Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, március 30.
I’ve worked at the child care center at the YMCA for some now, and I love it. The management and hours are great, being able to work so closely with family’s is amazing
Poor Hours/Raise Availability
Site Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, március 17.
If you're looking to travel everywhere under the sun and not get paid for it, this is the place for you! Before and After school care employees are expected to treat this like a full time salary job and get paid minimum wage.
First Lifeguarding Experience
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, február 11.
As my first lifeguarding job, this was a lot to take in. I had a difficult time balancing lifeguarding, school and marching band in order to have a sufficient income. However, lifeguarding here has made me continue to be a lifeguard for the rest of my academic career as a part-time job.
Opportunity
Sports Site Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, január 22.
Great place to gain experience and meet connections. Once you have gotten into the YMCA it is easy to work i different departments of the YMCA and to gain more experience.
Great company.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, január 17.
The ymca is great for all ages. Awesome work environment and great employees who care about their jobs. Management is quick to help teach when help is needed.
My first job
Shift Lead / Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, október 18.
Starting about 10 years ago, the Y has been a huge part of my family. Two other members of my family also work there and we frequently volunteer and give back to our community because of it.
Lifeguard
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, október 8.
Working at the Y as a lifeguard was one of my favorite working experiences. My coworkers and managers were friendly and always answered any questions that I had about my role as a lifeguard. Keeping patrons safe and watching over the pool felt like a meaningful role.
Work life balance
Facilities Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, szeptember 5.
Tough to have a work life balance at the director level. Many on call hours from other staff. Working weekends and long days, plus all the events you have to go to.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Need not apply if you are a mother
Lead youth attendant, Desk representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 28.
I have worked for the Y of the Pikes Peak region for a little over a year at Banning Lewis Ranch Recreation center. We have only managed to hold onto any leadership for about half of that year, During times of no director we all tightened our belts. I am a mother of a five and seven year old. When I was hired on I clearly stated I needed day shift. The hiring manger said "great that is what we are looking for". In times of no director I stepped up for programs, events, and everything in between. Everything was fine. When this past summer break came up I did my very best to work everything I could. I worked childcare, because my children were allowed to be with me. I also gladly ran two mini camps which resulted in me making $12.00 a day after I had to pay for my children to be there. After summer break was over and seasonal help was supposedly going to cease, I have repeatedly been put on the schedule for night shift. I tried to push it off as a fluke. But then I had to travel to TN because my grandmother had passed away. This is literally the ONLY time I have ever had to call in. As soon as I saw the new schedule, every single shift was outside of my realm of availability. Keep in mind I was only asking for 12 hours a week. Making barely over minimum wage I explained why I wasn't't able to get a sitter to work. I was met with the response in the way of "because you couldn't work desk in the summer, why would you expect any daytime hours". I find it slightly confusing because we have an employee who visits her family in Hawaii for weeks at a time, very often. Somehow she is  több... working 25-32 hours every week this coming month. I guess vacations to Hawaii are more noble than caring for your young children in the summer. So today I put in a one week notice (because none of my hours were even in my availability for me to even put a two week notice). I was surprised of the response from the director. All of sudden he seemed desperate to keep me??? While this made me feel like I was at least slightly valued, I could tell he was also frustrated that I couldn't work the hours that he wanted me to work. He kept telling me to be flexible (he has worked in the facility for two months).It was uncomfortable. lLastly, all of the other employees are fairly new except a couple. Only one employee has been there longer than me. (Very telling, since I have only worked there a year). Do with this information what you want. Maybe you will have a better experience. I certainly hope so.  kevesebb
events, residents
Kontra érvek
prepare to feel insignificant and unappreciated
Productive and part time
Membership service attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 22.
Gained great customer experience skills and learned more about the area and the residents within the community! Interesting to learn about housing industry!
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van