Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colorado Springs, CO

97 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 652 értékelés megtekintése
3,0
Lack of minority staff
Diversity and inclusivity are not a priority for this organization. Training and development are given to the staff that are considered “the in group”.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Underpaid overworkes un-appreciated no leadership
Grat organization ....poor leadership. No support poor staff appreciation....members are fantastic but leadership staff is disconnected. Stress not with they pay.
3,0
fun
Good place to work. Good environment perfect for college students wanting to earn extra cash. Hardest part about the job, can get a little overwhelming with the amount of children.
Great company that makes a real Impact on the Community
As a non-profit, the YMCA makes a very profound impact on the community as a whole. Each day, you truly feel as if you are making a difference. That difference is what keeps employees around for many years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good environment to work in
Being a lifeguard was my first job and I had a great time working there and it was a very good first experience, I would strongly suggest being a lifeguard at the YMCA
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great Place to Make an Impact
Loved getting to work with different aspects of the community. Really felt appreciated by the parents and kids that we worked with. Team environment was a great place to be.
Fun and welcoming environment
Site supervising is a layer back job and gives you the opportunity to invest in the youth. It also lets you share your passion with them so they can learn to love the things you grew up loving as a kid.
Absolutely amazing
The ymca is a family not a workplace. Hands down the most meaningful job I've ever had. The staff and members are amazing people. Would 100% recommend the ymca
Decent place to work
There is flexibility in scheduling which is good if you have other commitments outside of work. Pay is on the lower side of average. You also get a gym membership at a free or reduced price which is a nice benefit if you will use it.
Good for my soul.
Working with children warms my heart. There is a wonderful energy in the classroom. I am definitely not there for the pay which is minimum wage even after a year from what I understand. I enjoy making a difference in the lives of children which keeps me motivated.
Great first job
The YMCA Lifeguard position is an excellent first job and gives you insight into how a workplace functions without overwhelming you. The people and community are great, and I highly recommend working here. You feel as though you are part of a team and have people to support you no matter what. The boss is understanding and very kind, pushing everyone to be their best and strive for greatness.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun job with kids before and after school and during the summer.
It's a fun place to work if you love working with kids. Sometimes the management is not good at communicating. Site directors have the ability to share their ideas for themes if the month.
Working with the kids
Kontra érvek
Having to move the kids to different areas with short notice.
childcare worker
● Talk with parents and coworkers about the progress of the children in our care.
● Being able to explain things in terms that young children can understand.

● Cleaning all the toys, counters, computer, walkie talkies, vacuum the three rooms, and clean

anything that comes into human touch regularly, a few times a day, everyday.

● Weekly, for the tween nights, I go over the required paperwork and vouchers with the new parents

and children, that allow the children to be in our care and file it.

● Have good judgment to be able to respond to emergencies or difficult situations.
Fun working environment
I really enjoyed getting to know the people that would come in everyday to work out. My co workers were very welcoming when I first started working there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very good start to the real world with this job. very easy going helps you a lot with what you need to get done to keep working.
very professional work environment. good management except at the pool i worked at. assistant managers haven't been great but all around good job to have.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sometimes fast paced but fun
It was a good job. Most of the people were very friendly and welcoming. It was really fun to play with and get to know the kids. Sometimes gets hectic when it is really busy.
Fun Workplace
I worked 20 to 25hr very flexible with scheduling. I learned customer relations as well as First Aid and CPR. The management was good until our aquatics director left. The culture was good until our seasoned lifeguards left. The hardest part of the job was the in-services and the most enjoyable part was interacting with your co-workers.
Free membership
Unstable managment
challenging
working for the Y was challenging and taught me a lot. I had to relocate to Canon City Colorado temporarily to help with family and didn't know how long I would be out of town.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over worked and under paid
Never knew what was going on. The job duties constantly changed And there was too much office gossip and confusion. Turn over was high and rules were always Changing.
1,0
Worst place to work!
Expect no life ! Expect to work 60 plus hours a week . Yeah the 40 k a year sounds good from the start till you do the math and see that it comes out to just above min wage. Yeah get a free gym membership but plan to be bothered while working out . Also you are on call 24/7 365 days a year . Even when your on vacation out of the state they will call you and expect you to do some thing even if you are thousands of miles away . At least at the location I was at if you were a man you were treated terrible. Talking about politics on the gym follow and in meets
. I would run away when you still can ! The stress level is insane , so bad that it was causing me to drink when I would get off work.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful work culture. Long Hours. Decent Pay. High Expectations.
YMCA of the Pikes Peak region are much more for profit clubs as opposed to non-profit YMCA's. High Stress Culture in all departments. In my tenure there of 10 months, among others, 4 full time Healthy Living Directors either quit, or were fired. Keep this in mind when looking for a career.
People don't last long in this high stress culture. Prepare for a lot of sleepless nights if you're interested.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés