Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Colebrook, CT

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I went there as a camper and then worked there. I loved the experience it was two different experiences but has shaped my life as a young person. My fav part is corn roast.
Pro érvek
residence and great group of staff
Kontra érvek
When you are living there you are always on the clock.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing overall experience and truly helped shape my knowledge of what it's like to have a job. The management held great communication and the workplace culture was productive and fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Camp Jewell YMCA es un lugar estupendo, con mas de 100 años de experiencia en la industria de campamentos en Estados Unidos. Se trabaja en un ambiente diverso e internacional con personal y campistas de mas de 30 países. la YMCA ofrece formación constante en tu área de empleo y proporciona un espacio idóneo para aplicar tus conocimientos.
Munkahelyi kultúra
my summer job with the YMCA created the best summer of my life and gave me lifelong friends. i would recommend the YMCA job to anybody and everybody. They are perfect for all people.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
in the recent years, Jewell has undergone a plethora of changes, some for the better, and some that I view as a hindrance to the company and reputation we as staff worked hard to achieve. All in all, it still has the potential to be an excellent place for formative camp experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The mission of the YMCA is inspiring, but the attitudes of the people around you can encourage or maim this inspiration. The pay is low because they are a nonprofit so you have to be in it for the right reasons.
benefits after 2 years, 20 vacation days
Kontra érvek
expectation to take on more responsibilities without compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of work is very long. You are on a salary, so you work as long as they need you; however you get free room and board, so it pays off in the end. You do anything from working in the office to going outside and teaching outdoor education. The management was good, I am a member of our leadership team as well during the summers. The hardest part of the job is the time commitment because you get can very burnt out from the number of hours you work. At this job, though, you will meet your best friends and build relationships with people from all over the world. I love working along side my best friends and getting to see them all the time.
Free meals, free rooming
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA can be an extremely rewarding experience, specifically working at an overnight summer camp. The responsibilities and skills acquired through the YMCA are useful in everyday life. The connections you make with campers and other staff members are great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The normal days started from waking up children and preparing them on the clinics which they wanted to participate. I learnt children in the clinics too. I have had a lot fun with them and I liked to teach them. Management was really good to me, if I needed help with something I always received an advice. I learnt a lot of useful things up there. I would recommend that place to everyone.
Free lunches
Kontra érvek
Days off weren’t enough to rest
Munkahelyi kultúra
Directors suck, ALMOST ALWAYS, information is constantly thrown around and through the ringer so you aren't sure what's really going on half the time. Friendly people, friendly environment, the director of camp himself isn't much help at all and punches the holes in the walls at camp, or throws tantrums at least three times a year when stuff doesn't go his way. The staff are pretty nice though. Especially kitchen and maintenance.
Pro érvek
friendly people, friendly environment, fun activities, waterslide
Ray Zetye
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clocked in, got you assignments or tasks for the day. Prepared and served meals and dessert to the campers. I learned how to handle various food allergies and eating habits. Like vegan cuisine, peanut allergies, etc.Everything was well organized and everyone had their part and executed in the best they could. They were supportive and team players, got there work done in a timely efficient and timely fashion. Keeping up with all the food restrictions each session there was a different set of kids to cater for. Working and seeing the kids having a good time and receiving the occasional complement from the young ones.
Pro érvek
meals and housing were covered
short break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Camp Jewell was a great avenue for young people to get together in a healthy environment that fostered responsibility and teamwork in all aspects of the job.
Housing, Meals, Camper/Counselor connections
Limiting Pay, Communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Low wages, no benefits, hot environment, unprofessional management, no vacation time, no room for advancement, unrealistic expectations, low budget, disrespectful staff. Had great co-workers and it is a beautiful location.
Great co-workers
Director is incompetent
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as the Senior Coordinator I learned many things at Camp Jewell YMCA. Firstly, how to manage different personality types. What works with some employees does not work with others. Secondly, employee dynamics, and how they affect the workplace. Finally, if you give your employees and customers respect, they will appreciate you more.
Room and Board
Kontra érvek
Only eight days off in the entire summer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At Camp Jewell YMCA, you and your co-workers are working towards a common goal: you are there to give the campers a life-changing experience. You and your co-workers become a family.
housing, free meals