Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Cary, NC

30 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 749 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best place out of my other jobs
Although the pay isn't the best, the YMCA provides a fun place to work where there is never a moment where you are not being uplifted. The managers and people in charge make sure that you are always happy, and will find a way to make you happy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They should raise the money
Overall good but 7.25 is too less to pay they should raise the money.work culture is good they give free membership too the only concern is payment rest is fine
Wonderful experience
I really like the experiences I had been gaining from the job, especially given I am studying to be an educator myself. I am not a fan of the low pay however.
Got your Leadership
I have coached 2019 Fall season it was one of the most succeful season the kids have learned and master the soccer with my training sessions quickly .I will it again and like the management there .
Munkahelyi kultúra
New and perfect soccer field for kids training and it is the perfect place to gain the right experiendce
While it was One hour on Tuesday of training and more than One hour for a game on Friday and It was not enough to train 8-11 years old kids but It was a great session I had the Nw Cary YMCA .Definitly I will train there again .
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Plenty of games
Fun times and great relationships. Communication is definitely an issue. I made great friends and had nice experiences, but was not given much and was alone a lot.
Fun and exciting
Pay, communication, and management
Oddly picky
My superiors (known in the Y as directors) are very kind and very inclusive but are quick to play favorites and are very picky over which rules they prefer to enforce. I feel as I’ve been treated unfairly in my workplace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and flexible workplace with overall great management
My current management team is great. They're super friendly and recognize hard work as well as reward it. If you put in the work you can definitely make your way up at a decent pace. In 3 months time I've gone from doing a few hours a week as a gym attendant and wellness coach to having supervisory responsibilities and the ability to transition into personal training. I have the opportunity to make decisions about equipment repairs, member engagement, and many other decisions such as training clients whilst having a flexible schedule. That being said I do believe not all facilities/branches are created equal and you're not likely to find many better Y's out there. Along with that the pay isn't great sadly but if you can work around and be willing to be a team player you're bound to have a good experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really interesting place to work!
One of my most favorite jobs. I think I learned a lot working here. I had to work with kids in elementary school, grades 1 to 5. You have to learn how to handle younger children and not want to yell at them if they make you angry or do something wrong. You have to be a very patient person to work with kids like this.
Fun Part-time job
Depending on your position determines how you feel about the job. Working in childcare, I enjoyed the people I met and what I do. Flexible job opportunities as high schooler and college student.
fun place to work at
Working with YMCA showed me that its okay to be goofy and be who I really am. It made me confident in public speaking and communicating with others. The hardest part about working at the YMCA is dealing with kids who don't always listen to you. The most enjoyable part about this job is that it doesn't even feel like you're working since you're with kids all day and having fun.
Great work and learning Experience
This job is for people that come to work for more than just a paycheck. Your build unique connections and relationships with your coworkers and kids that you can't find in many jobs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive Laid back and fun workplace.
A typical day at work was getting all of the present kids checked in and counted for. Then snack time, followed by a restroom break before homework. With the time lifted over we were able to play creative learning games with them until it was time to load up the buses. I learned that it takes time, dedication, and patience dealing with a group of elementary kids. The hardest part about my job was getting the kids settled down to do homework. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put smiles on all of the kids faces!!!
Free membership
Insurance
fun place to work
The YMCA is a great place to work as far as fun and the job environment. As far as pay, I don't believe the childcare staff makes enough money for what they are doing.
Amazing Environment
Great place to work the environment was overall laid back and I enjoyed the customers. Although the pay, I felt at the time, was low looking back I realize it was actually pretty fair for what I was doing.
laid back environment
workplace drama
2,0
Little Coordination & Unethical Behavior
Planning was done on-the-spot and workers would be informed of their duties that particular day rather than in advance. There was little coordination and sometimes breaks were not allowed, resulting in the counselor's being forced to stand for up to eight hours at a time and go without lunch.

Over half my colleagues were either hung over or actively intoxicated during work. One worker was arrested for having "relations" with a camper and another worker was let go for having "relations" with an underage co-worker. It was very clear that my colleagues did not want to be there and took the job exclusively for financial reasons rather than the genuine interest of providing a fun experience to campers.

I was asked to come back after I left and resoundingly denied the offer.
The camper's are great!
Poor work environment - uncoordinated - unethical co-workers
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
People were fun to work with... that's about it!
Very long, boring shifts. Most of the time it was cool because you got to play with kids during the summer, and it's a lot of fun to create some excitement for the little people. But besides that it was very slow and hot.
A Wonderful Program
I really enjoyed being a counselor at the YMCA. The first day I showed up I was introduced to everyone and shown around the place. I got along and met really good people who I'm still in contact today. The management was amazing and always had my best interest at heart. The YMCA was like a second family for me and I would recommend anyone and everyone to work here.
Fun place to
Earn trust, uncover key business drivers and find common ground as chief negotiator and identifier of revenue opportunities in sales, leadership and account management roles spanning e-Commerce, air travel and high-tech retail.
Could be so much more
The YMCA of the Triangle means well but, being that it is non-profit, upward mobility tends to be limited to those who have been with the Y for a LONG period of time and pay at the lower levels is almost a joke. Managers are EXTREMELY out of touch with anything outside of the Y culture and aren't motivated to help unless you have been there for years and play a weird political game. We are grossly underpaid given we are the first person that acts in case of a major emergency.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fast pace friendly work environment
talking with members daily and learning about their lives and kids lives. very friendly and personable. i would absolutely recommend working here but the only down side is the pay rate. You end up doing a lot more than what you are being payed for.
free membership
pay rate
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés