Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Brookfield, CT

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Brookfield, CT17 értékelés
17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 556 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a summer job. I was lead camp counselor to the preschool department. I enjoyed this experience and the staff I worked with. I would recommend this camp to anyone. It was a wonderful experience.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My work branch is not doing well and has made several budget cuts over the years, and the first thing they have done is target us, one of the most profitable parts if the branch with pending cuts. They have never stopped in to do their research about this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No matter what is happening in your personal life, everyone is every supportive and welcoming. They try to accommodate all employees and members so that they have a good experience at the facilities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Counselor In Training Program was a very demanding but well worked for position. It was fun getting a perspective of what it felt like being a camp counselor at Camp Greenknol. I just wish the fellow CITs were more mature and less about looking better than your co workers.
Very Opportunistic, Loads of Activity
Immature and Competitive Environment
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While it is only a part-time job, I worked about 40 hours a week for $10.25 per hour. We were not allowed to work any time over that because they didn't want to pay us overtime, even if it meant that someone else had to come in at an inconvenient time or only work for 30 mins. My boss was not receptive to people taking time off unless it was an emergency, and even then the person asking for time off received a lecture or was strongly reprimanded. She refused to use a more efficient electronic system because she wanted people to come into the office, even though it meant that shifts were often double-booked, missed, mis-communicated, or lost. In my four years working there, I have not received a raise at all.
However, I really loved the culture of the YMCA. It is a very family and community-oriented place, and I formed great, lasting relationships with my coworkers. It is a great place for a first job, especially in high school or for summers, but I can't recommend for the long term.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical shift involved overseeing the safety of the swimmers in and around the pool and taking pool readings. I learned how to take pool readings. I liked my supervisor. The culture was easy going. The hardest part was dealing people who broke the rules. The most enjoyable part was helping people.
free icees sometimes
It was hot
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you enjoy working with children then this is your type of place. Perfect for a college student who needs an extra bit of cash. Pretty flexible with class schedule.
working with kids
not many hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly and helpful co workers and members. I never not enjoy coming to work. The staff is super friendly, helpful, snd genuinely want to see their co workers and members be the best them possible.
flexible hours
no overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a camp counselor is definitely a lot of fun. I was a new counselor, and I was traded between groups (one day I'd be with the 3rd grade girls, and the next I might be with the kindergarten boys). That was a challenge as I could never completely learn the children's names or have them get to know me as their counselor. Also, the work was full time, but we were getting paid less than minimum wage. Although, I knew that was going to be the situation going into the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each week as a Counselor in Training, or a C.I.T for short, I would chose a different "tribe" a.k.a a age group of campers to work with for that week. So a typical day would start off by meeting up with ones tribe every morning wherever they were and stay with them the remainder of the day. One thing I learned was how to plan out different activities for my tribe to do that week, and factor in their age group and what would be appropriate for them to do. When in camp to management things were pretty simple, there were 2-3 counselors per tribe that you would go to if anything went wrong, and they would get other counselors or go to their bosses if needed depending on the situation. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the campers in your tribe for each week, since some campers would like to do their own thing sometimes and separate from everyone else. Another hard part of the job was trying to please all the campers with activities each week, as not everyone will like the same things. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with the campers as a whole, and getting to interact with different age groups of campers per week.
Pro érvek
Lots of activities, different ethnicity's and age groups, constant social interaction, swimming pool and large fun lunches
Kontra érvek
Outside almost all day in the hot sun
Munkahelyi kultúra
A challenging place to work due to financial restraints (economy, competition and lack of philanthropy) but very rewarding. Excellent retirement (403B). Really close interaction with members and colleagues. More like friends than clients or just people you work with.
Pro érvek
Free menbership. Flexability of schedule. Retirement package. Excellent training.
Kontra érvek
Long hours. Lot's of meetings. Always asked to crunch the numbers and don't spend.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would not recommend this facility to anyone. Complete lack of leadership and direction. Always had a sky is falling mentality that crushed any hopes of being productive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job basis on aiding in the children’s social, physical and education development.
Management respectful and took time to create relationships with staff.

Co-workers easy to get along with and focused on creating a great atmosphere for children.
Pro érvek
Great staff and excelent atmosphere
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is a fun time, I have been there since I was 3 years old. It is a long day but always rewarding. I learned how to be a leader and work with others as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was nice but way too hot. There was no air conditioning and most of the kids and counselors could barely breathe.
fun activities
no air conditioning
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time at Western Ct YMCA. The team building and leadership training I received there was outstanding. The pay was pitiful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Non-proft organization so you knew you were working for a cause. Able to meet new people and brush up on my social skills/customer service skills
meeting new people