Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Boulder Creek, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Boulder Creek, CA9 értékelés
9 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 230 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is an excellent place for people who are just starting out their careers. It allows for leadership opportunities of growth and development as you begin your career. The downside, is that unless you wish to continue solely on the Y track of leadership and be willing to relocate across the nation, there tends to not be opportunities for advancement within a Y, and the bottom to mid-level jobs do not pay well at all. Again, it is an excellent place to start your career out, learn leadership & responsibility skills and to grow professionally as you begin...just don't expect reasonable compensation. ;)
Pro érvek
Good culture, opportunity to develop professionally, many opportunities to work in different areas
extremely low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
At summer camp your day starts at 7am and end at 10pm. This includes three meal times, leading four camp activities, a rest hour, an all camp game, and campfire. As well as transition times, getting the kids ready for the day/night, playing games etc. Working as a summer camp counselor for the Y I learned time management skills, how to take on a leadership role, and behavior management skills. Summer camp most definitely becomes a second home and your coworkers become a family. The YMCA is one of the strongest support systems I have ever had for a job. The hardest part of this job is the long hours and short breaks, you get one hour every day and a 24 hour break once a week. Working with children is inherently stressful and emotionally draining; it's very important to know how to pace yourself and recognize your own stress levels. The most enjoyable part of this job is the memories you make, the experience you gain, and the camp family you walk away with.
Pro érvek
meals and lodging included.
Kontra érvek
shortbreaks, and long days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
• This is the perfect job if you are looking to find a place that is professional but also welcoming and fun to be at!
• Food is given for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, sometimes dessert is offered as well

• Management is always on top of what is going on

• Workplace is in the redwood forests so you will have a blast working in an outdoor environment

• I learned how to be a more effective team player and leader, I feel this job definitely taught me that in the right environment with the right workers, attitude, and work ethic you can make a lasting impact on not only yourself but also the others you come into contact with working at the YMCA.
Free Food
Munkahelyi kultúra
While hours involved in an average shift at the Y are long and arduous, the work isn't the terrible for an entry level position. We frequently work closely with our managers, and hard work is noticed and rewarded.
Pro érvek
Free all you can eat lunches, no weekday work, good people to work with.
Long days, minimal pay
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I first started my job at YMCA Camp Campbell, I love it, however week after week I started to really dispose my work! Supervisors did not listen to the staff suggestions and constantly gave us conflicting answers to questions! I felt overworked and when I expressed my concerns, thing did not improve! I was often told to go sleep in the cabins with the campers as an additional cabin leader alongside our high school volunteers! My co workers with my exact same job and duties rarely had to spend time in cabins and when I voiced this I was told it was a matter of luck! I also had a lot of issues with the lack of professionalism at Camp Campbell, I was often times flat out ignored when I would inquire about something, and when told to go talk to certain coworkers about issues, I was genuinely afraid to talk to some of them! This was a job I was stoked for and now having quit months ago, I still feel very hurt by my experiences at this YMCA and have turned down later job offers from other YMCA locations due to my bad experience at this one
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a nice summer camp tucked away in the Mountains. I really loved working with the staff and kids (minus a couple of idiot managers). IT was something I'd do again.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has lots of opportunity for staff. The organization is caring and dedicated to their employees. Staff are very welcoming and helpful to the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's great to always be working with friendly families and children who are there to learn and have fun. There is a great opportunity to build relationships and get more out of work than merely a paycheck. And this YMCA's location is a beautiful location in the old growth reed wood forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains. I love it here !
Pro érvek
Free Food most days, yearly gifts for staff, yearly pay raises
Munkahelyi kultúra
working with so many great children the whole exsperience was great for a teen at the time i was 16 had a amazing time leading a group
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés