Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Boston, MA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Boston, MA96 értékelés
96 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 235 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was an ok process it was quick and in my old job I would watch the kids do activities in the gym with them such as kickball dodgeball and freeze tag.
Very quick
None really
Munkahelyi kultúra
I felt comfortable and welcome while working at the YMCA, support was there when I needed it. I was able to form strong relationships with parents and children.
meeting new people
stressful
Learning experience
Get to be in touch with other people from other working areas.

Able to learn about Boston city.

Really a good place for a teen to be in.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
There management skills suck real bad they don't care about there workers they don't pay you back when you go back to school even though they said they will even more then half of my infants left due to poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a true community organization that cares for the well being of the entire family. Children are provided with afterschool care and summer programming. YMCA also provides a top notch paid gym.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Better pay needed to retain good employees. Overall great environment especially worling with a great team. Wish the best for my YMCA family take care !
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The members you interact with makes the job fun. They are flexible with work hours . But the pay is for teenage , high school students. I would recommend the job to students. If you are a mature adult with kids , then don't waste your time applying. For the pay isn't enough to support a family
Munkahelyi kultúra
when i worked at the YMCA it was at a very fast pace. but the people i worked with were some of the best people i ever worked with in my life. great positive environment.
healthy living
it can get hectic
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is the perfect job if you like working with children. the people make you feel like you are at home. the children and the parents are very nice as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Throughout my career the mission has remained clear and I have seen it in action many times. Advocating for families and services is often successful because the organization believes in the mission of the work
Pro érvek
You see your impact in your day to day work
Kontra érvek
There is no work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great place to work and develop. It has a great work life balance for those that can manage it and the job is very fulfilling work. You learn a great deal about yourself and your leadership style and ability. The senior leadership and the separation from the association to the branches is really the biggest issue.
Pro érvek
great work; great impact on community
culture
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun environment, love how involved staff was with the children's lives and they also give discounts to employees. A lot of fun activities to do there as well.
Staff, Employee Discount
Munkahelyi kultúra
My partner, who was also a dietitian, worked at helping teenage kids eat right and avoid junk foods. We brought samples every class, so the kids could actual eat heathfully.
Pro érvek
free lunches for the kids
So many bad habits
Munkahelyi kultúra
We always went on frequent field trips. The job was very relaxed and laid back due to the amount of staff we had available. It was very calm and collected.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My respect for the YMCA ,mission and ideals are and were extremely high. I think there are big advantages and opportunities one can acquire as a results of this program. I think the program gave much to me and others who matriculated there. Having said that I feel the administrator in charge should reexamine her racial attitude, and gender biases..
Pro érvek
Free access tyo the Intervention program long after you have completed it.
Kontra érvek
More diversity in the administration is needed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job requires strong leadership and responsibility, but the reward of working with children everyday is priceless. Kids are always a handful, but everyday will become a new adventure. It is a powerful experience watching the growth and development of kids over a period of time, especially interacting with them on a daily basis. The Y is a nonprofit organization, which pays low wages to employees. Though, the experience of it all is irreplaceable.
Skills, experience, management
benefits, wages, hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I thought it was good experience especially since I was so young. Overall I worked with kids and made my responsibilities grow a lot and it made me grow as a person too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a bad company to work for. Made good friends. As an after school and summer camp group leader I felt like I made an impact and my job had a purpose. The people in charge could do better to support staff. It's sink or swim and if you can swim you'll thrive.
Pro érvek
Fun, great co-workers, a job with purpose
Kontra érvek
Management turnover/could support staff better
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater Boston is a great place to work in terms of how rewarding the job can be. The child development department gives you an opportunity to work with youth all around Boston throughout the school year and summer alike. The rewards of providing children with safe and nurturing environments along with a great workplace culture are clear perks, where the long work days that typically extend to more then 8 hours make it difficult to balance ones work and personal life. The company helped me mature from when I started as a teenager, to a direct supervisor today.
Pro érvek
Co worker sub culture, rewarding position.
Kontra érvek
Work days extend to more then 8.5 hours a day.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is so much politics at YMCA, the is no room for advancement. Management receives the increase in salary, whiletThe out of school staff is not supported and the pay is low. The benefit of working here is the families and children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with children and young adult teaching water safety skills and swim endurance. Making relationships with different staff members and healthy relationships with parents and children in a positive environment.
Working with children
Short breaks
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés