YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Boise, ID

82 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 282 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Its good
Lead Housekeeper (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, november 20.
The YMCA used to be a great place to work, but this last year it has gone down hill and they have stopped caring about their employees and only care about the membership counts and how much they can make
Great job
FITNESS TRAINER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, október 29.
Love working with people. Enjoy conducting exercises for members. Enjoy showing new members what the YMCA has to offer.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Always busy and lots of wonderful people to meet
Child Care Taker, Floor Supervisor, (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, október 7.
Having worked in many departments of the YMCA, I can honestly say that they'll work you to death if you let them. Hard work usually goes under appreciated. However, focusing on the people you're there to assist (no matter what program you're involved in) helps this job become highly rewarding. Listening to people's success stories as they work to live a healthy lifestyle is the most rewarding aspect.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, can pick up extra shifts/take time off easily
Kontra érvek
low pay, little to no praise from supervisors
Great community envolvement
Group X Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, július 22.
Everyday interacting with the members is special. Being there to help them achieve and support their health goals. All instructors are committed to the Y mission and the community.
Fun, Stressful, Little pay
Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, július 14.
working with kids-- so activity based most the time, but can be very overwhelming. Without proper structure, the chaos is too much for the compensation.
free food, flexible
little pay, long hours
The Best Job I Ever Had
Youth Sports Coach & Referee (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, július 7.
This is my favorite job because it was rewarding and involved two things I enjoy...children and sports. I strongly recommend working here and would work here again any day.
AMAZING PLACE!!
Youth Sports Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, június 30.
I love everyday that I show up to work at the Y! It is an incredible place to be. The people I work with are amazing. The coordinators are very easy and fun to work with, and it is an all-around good time to work there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great family and loving environment
Floater/ Infant Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, június 24.
My typical day consists of spending time with children that i have bonded with as well as co-workers i have bonded with. I love getting to laugh with the people i work with and be able to feel fully comfortable with all of the people around me. My favorite part of my job is making the children i work with smile and seeing how happy their familes are to see them happy.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Training for camp counselor
Counselor in Training (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, június 16.
I worked with children ages 7 and up. I learned team building, how to communicate and work with younger people, and how to handle children in one on one situations.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Productive and educational
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise Idaho2015, április 19.
The YMCA is a warm , friendly , family oriented organization that doesn't turn anyone away . Working for the YMCA taught me the difference between professionalism and friendly , it taught me that not all rules management sets you need to agree with but it also taught me to work within a team; what being a team member really means .
The management at the YMCA is a tricky thing. There are many positions to go through when there is a problem occurring at the pool deck.
The co-workers are very nice and friendly but its hard to get shifts covered .
The hardest part would be , keeping up on your skills and maintaining visual awakens during a 8 hr shift of scanning
The most enjoyable part would be the interact and keeping people safe while providing them with a fun warm environment .
Pro érvek
Free member ship, cool swim suits and flexible hours
Kontra érvek
Hard management, no subs and long hours
Good work place
Childcare Provider (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, április 16.
It was like working in most daycares. It was lots of fun and it was the day in the life of a preschool teacher. It was a good place to work.
great place to work
Instructor, Floor, Leader Health & Well-Being (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, február 26.
I was employeed there for 4 years, I loved the members and have made some great friends there. Its all about helping others.
gotta love helping others
Kontra érvek
wages are low but anyone who works there isn't there for the money
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful yet challenging workplace.
Customer service (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2015, január 26.
Answer all incoming phone calls. Train new staff. Assist members with memberships and program registrations.
I learned a lot about problem solving and assisting people of all personalities. When I was promoted to lead staff, I learned how to train new staff as well as leading them by my example.
My coworkers were hard working and encouraging.
The hardest part of the job was the stress that was put on us without much appreciation.
My favorite part of the job was creating relationships with the members and seeing them leave the Y everyday happier and healthier.
Free gym membership
low pay wage. Stress.
Fun Work Place
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2014, október 3.
Being a Swim instructor was very fun and exciting! At this job I learned how to effectively communicate with a vast range of ages. Along with understanding that each individual learns in a different way.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great place to work. Most of the Co-workers got along well.
HOUSEKEEPER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, Idaho2014, augusztus 13.
A typical day at work was uneventful until the 6 o clock rush. Then things started to pick up, towels went by quick, and classrooms got packed. There was around 5 classes going on at one time, from yoga to cross-fit and cycling classes were typically the busiest. What I learned is how to keep a fast work pace and still make everyone smile when stress got to the most of them. The management up until the point that I left was very bi-est tword my department and micromanaging every breath we took. The hardest part of working there was the expectancy for our team to still get the job done when they had cut our budget in half. But said and done the thing I liked the most was coming to work and being able to put a smile on peoples faces
Full benefits, 30-45 min lunches. Co-workers
Management, repetition.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
High volume customer service environment
Membership Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2014, május 6.
The Y is committed to strengthening communities. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to have the Y experience. Our Financial Assistance program makes this possible.

The YMCA strengthen the foundations of community by developing successful youth, engaging people in healthy living, and instilling a commitment to social responsibility.

The YMCA’s focus on youth development is evident in their Child Development and Youth programs. These include child care, preschool, before and after school, sports, fitness, arts, education, leadership, and camp programs. The YMCA operates 21 childcare and preschool sites across the Treasure Valley and partners with many groups and organizations to provide hundreds of youth programs to tens of thousands of kids every year. These programs help children develop values, improve skills, and build healthy relationships, which results in positive behaviors, better health, and academic achievement.

Through the YMCA’s four Treasure Valley facilities and hundreds of programs, youth, adults, and families have access to endless opportunities to achieve healthy living. There is a place for everyone in the YMCA’s programs, which include swimming, land and water sports, weight loss and nutrition, disease prevention and management, wellness coaching, workplace wellness, group exercise, baby/parenting wellness, and a dozen community-based races and triathlons held throughout the year. YMCA staff are qualified and devoted to providing the support and
  több... safety one may need on his/her journey to a healthier, happier life.

The YMCA’s commitment to social responsibility and to providing support to community members of all ages to help them reach their potential and live a healthy, happy life is at the root of its work. The YMCA believes every child is of promise and that the Treasure Valley can be the healthiest place on earth, yet there are many serious issues that keep these beliefs from becoming a reality. And as the Treasure Valley grows, so do these issues and the need for the YMCA’s presence in the community.
  kevesebb
Great volunteer organization
Kontra érvek
Non-profit organization depending on donations for funding.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y has families in mind
Kindergarten Teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2014, május 6.
Very family based and promotes an active lifestyle. Management is consistent and supportive.
Performed gap analysis
Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2014, január 21.
I did most of my work online as an intern while in school, completing a master's degree.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging day to day work, lots of training and inservices.
Head Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2013, május 23.
My average work day consisted of managing a small team of lifeguards in order to ensure the pool was safe and that the customers were satisfied with the services they were receiving.

I also helped lead monthly training services that would refresh the employee's lifesaving and CPR skills.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that everyone, including myself, remained vigilant, it was not a job where you could daydream or slack around in any way as there were always lives on the line. However, this was also the most satisfying part of the job. Knowing that you and the people on your team were making a difference and doing something important is the best feeling that any employee could want.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace with a zipline and rock climbing wall
Assisstant Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2012, június 2.
I would do it again
Food was great
Co-workers were awesome
The hardest part was saying goodbye
I enjoyed it all
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van