Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Boise, ID

82 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 206 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Above average place to work for someone who likes swimming
Its a great place to work for someone who likes to swim, who wants a leg up in the work force at an early age. CPR certification is valuable, but nothing else really is. Average job for 20ish year olds
Not good.
Some things happened that made working there a little bit of an issue. There were things that were happening that were not okay and should have been stopped immediately.
Work Place
Was always fun to meet new people, here their stories and help keep the public safe. Had some issues with management and the low respect level due to a sexist director but everyone else was great!
Tri Athlons
Low respect
Munkahelyi kultúra
People are nice and friendly but actual work advancement and compensation for performance is lacking.
The Y is a great case driven organization that lacks a strong business model. The Y would benefit greatly from hiring on people who could grow the company rather then just keep it a float.
Social and fast-paced
Working in the youth department brings something different every day. I've learned a lot about working with different abilities/disabilities, communication, and customer service. Although working with the public has its ups and downs and sometimes it gets pretty busy, it's worth it to help out kids in need.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good environment, friendly co workers, great opportunity to break out of your bubble and help other people.
This is a great job to work at if you want to expend yourself in any way possible. Whether it be your attitude or your social skills. I loved this job because it gave me the opportunity to see how I can really affect people's lives everyday.
Family
The company makes you feel as if you are part of a family. They treat you well and check in on you all the time. They will make sure you are happy while you work.
Rewarding
Great if you want to stay part time. Not as employee oriented as they were in the past. Good training opportunities and the member environment is awesome.
Great Culture/Environment
I worked for the Downtown Boise YMCA for about 5 years within a variety of departments.

Pros:

1. Loved the culture/environment.

2. Had great co-workers whom I established lifetime friendships with. Friendly and helpful staff in other departments as well.

3. Very flexible with your schedule, I worked here while working another job and going to school.

4. Free gym membership!

5. Clean facility! Which is very important.

Cons:

1. After working 5 years, was only making maybe a dollar more at the end, and that was with great/excellent yearly reviews.

2. Some of the upper management were unapproachable, and also seemed to care more about the members than their employees.

Pro/Con:

1. Shifts were too short in my opinion. Typically 4 hours. They did however allow me to cross-train into different departments to make the work day longer.
Culture/environment
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun job, independence given, great management
I loved teaching children to swim. They were a lot to handle but the employers at the YMCA give you all the tools you need to learn how to teach the children effectively, they even encourage you to come to them for help on specific children or parents. The staff and management were very professional and kind, they truly care about their employees. The only downfall was that there were many other swim instructors who were teenagers and there was often too much conflict for my taste. Other then that the job was great, I wish we had gotten paid more. We created our own lesson plans, got to have multiple classes of children a day, and were very independent on how we taught and what we taught.
fun, friendly, rewarding, challenging
Kontra érvek
Little pay, conflict between employees
Fun place to work
Great place to work, however no growth potential for some departments. The pay is low compared to similar positions in the valley.
Some departments I see do not invest in their employees as much as they should.
Team
LOW PAY, Needs better on-boarding system
Great place to work!
The YMCA is an amazing place to work! The environment is uplifting, and there is a sense of community. There weren't many advancement opportunities available to me however.
Pro érvek
positive environment, sense of belonging
Kontra érvek
not many opportunities for advancement
Enjoyable work place
It is a nice place to work but it can be hard at times but what job can't. I enjoy working there and I think it is a good step in the right place if you want a place that is working hard to keep what they have.
diving
over all a good place to work and train athletes in the sport of spring board diving.
Just needs more equipment and pool time.
Great pool
Need more diving boards
Munkahelyi kultúra
They don't live their cause with their employees
Low pay, not enough employees, high expectations.
Co-workers are awesome, work culture not great. Limited growth opportunities.
Love the Y!
Such a positive atmosphere to be a part of! I enjoyed being apart of the team and looked forward to going into work every day!
Ymca
It was a great environment to work in. Management in my department was great and I enjoyed my time there. Not much room to grow and pay was not what I wanted for the amount of work I was doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management could use some work in regards to listening to their staff
A typical day at work is usually quite repetitive. I watch my pool and manage my guards that are typically the same every weekday and I aid with the group activities held by the YMCA. Most things that occur during a shift is usually repetitive and a fellow co-worker will more than likely already know a solution. I learned mostly how to communicate better with both my staff and the members that come in. Management is generally nice but unfortunately does not think very highly of their staff which can lead to less desirable situations between the two. The hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness and lack of uniqueness in an average day. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the know the amazing staff that works there and meeting all sorts of new people every day.
Great and friendly staff
Kontra érvek
Management typically makes things harder for the employees
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every person is in it for themselves.
A temp job at best. I learned that you have to be a teacher's pet to be a lead or more hours while working with the kids. The area that shines is the janitorial staff and wellness staff, they are there not for the money but to do their job and it shows a lot!
Horrible Work environment
My experience at the YMCA was absolutely terrible. The management was childish, rude and unprofessional. I reached out to the CEO for assistance and received a cold response
A Positive Place to Be
The YMCA offers a wonderful work environment where the members and employees are both excited to be there. I love being part of an organization where I believe I can work towards a larger goal. That means both physical and mental health. My opinion is valued and taken seriously by my coworkers and employers. I have the opportunity to be myself, while serving the YMCA's values of respect, responsibility, honesty, and caring. I am encouraged by my employers who invest in my work and myself as a person.
Free gym memership
Very low pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés