Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Boise, ID

84 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 663 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
great peolpe to work with
The one thing I got from working here was understanding of working with staff and clients when I'm cleaning the Felicity and everyone is really nice.
1,0
I would never go back
The YMCA in Boise has a very negative, gossiping environment. My supervisors did not have the knowledge or education to be in charge of a fitness department.
Nice clients
terrible staff
Gym, pool, rock wall
I had a great routine going, my coworkers were always so nice and helpful. I was eager to go to work everyday because it wasn't stressful and I knew how to stay active by doing my job well and helping others.
Stable work, low paying
Good job for someone wanting to get their start in a social work/psychology/child development field of work. The pay isn't very high, but comes with a free gym membership and benefits eligible at 30 hours per week.
Free snacks, healthcare availble
low pay, high stress
Healthy Living, Social Responsibility, Youth Development
The Treasure Valley YMCA is an organization that is built to improve and enhance the lives of its members and the surrounding communities. The Y is not only a gym, but a place of encouragement for those seeking community or help through various circumstances in one's life.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful and fast-paced, but worth the emotional pay-off
It was really hard to work here. I lost energy very quickly because of the stressful and fast-paced experience. However, the reward of watching students succeed and grow was worth all the pain.
My job
My Job at the ymca - I ran a program with over 2500 kids year round for basketball. We ran leagues ,camps, individualized training and clinics. I worked 6 days a week for most of the year.
loved working with youth
hours were not the best
Fabulous
The best first job for people who like people. A wonderful environment full of friendly people who want to encourage you to be kind and welcome to everyone around you.
YMCA, Lifeguard was my first job which I started when I was in high school
Great, fun place to work. The management was excellent. I had a free membership to the entire facility. The customers were always fun. I learned CPR, water rescue, and AED while employed. I had great role models while I worked here.
Free Membership
No cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Super fun place to work, good environment.
I worked in the child watch center and I loved it. The kids and most of my coworkers were amazing. Managers often didn't listen to employees when things were reported but were always asking for information. A lot of favoritism and ignoring issues.
Loved working there
The work culture is great and has been benefits. If you are looking for a community and looking for a job that has a mission that inspires others, this is it.
Pro érvek
sense of community, plenty of training, and flexiblity in schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fairly good place for a college job
The YMCA is fairly good as a college job being flexible in schedule and a good chance of picking up hours when needed. The management at the YMCA is good and helps you learn the skills that are required. My favorite part is talking with the members, and helping others.
Great organization!
Working for the YMCA was an awesome opportunity to grow and learn valuable skills. I have nothing but positive words to say about this organization as a whole.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
there are great people that work for the Y but Experience plays very little on advancing as it's a buddy system and friends can start at the top
if you have a buddy at the Y that will get you much further than good work ethics and Experience. most employees are great workers and very friendly but the ones that are not advance quickly and it hurts the over all moral creating a large turn over. There are some departments that do have good managers and there the ones that live for the mission and are not part of the in crowd. Members love the Y and are treated well but many employees are not treated with respect. I would recommend a membership to friends and family but I would only recommend a job there to my enemy. Very unprofessional
over all.
Awesome Mission
Kontra érvek
major buddy system with the managers
Wonderful place to work
One of my favorite and most rewarding jobs. I was very happy there for many many years. I learned a lot and I felt like the staff and organization was very supportive to the employees and clients as well.
Overall excellent
None.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but doesn't pay well
I loved it there and I never wanted to leave, but they don't pay a living wage even after 20+ years with the company. Bosses are great, super flexible and understanding.
Pro érvek
great morale, flexible, many hours, good people, fun bosses
Kontra érvek
No breaks in certain departments, poor pay
Relaxed and fun workplace
Flexible hours, friendly environment, great exercise, work 5 hours max a day with relaxed managers, you get to spend time with your friends and teach kids new tools
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid back and really fun
As a swim instructor, you get to meet and teach all kinds of ages of children and kids. Its fun to interact with the kids and the parents and try to help them learn better and succeed so they can move up to the next level. Managers are super understandable and very kind. It was a very easy job to keep coming back to every day.
Fun and pretty easy
Kontra érvek
Had "homework" outside of work (plans, reviews for kids, etc)
Munkahelyi kultúra
boring at times but always lots going on
A typical day as head guard means you arrive and create the rotation for the staff and begin making sure that the deck is running properly and that the lifeguards know what to do
breaks
Kontra érvek
Management was difficult at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked around pools and patrons of many cultures
Large amount of time spent around and in water, practicing CPR and utilization methods for the AED. Constantly scanning pools, always prepared for an emergency
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Certain co workers
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is fine, but management is hard to deal with
If you want to work at a place that makes you feel like you are always replaceable then this is the place for you. Management does not give any positive feedback or recognize you for going above and beyond, but if you have anything that isn't spot on you will be called out on it and treated like a kid.
great participants
Kontra érvek
pay is low and management is hard to work with
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés