Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Boise, ID

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Boise, ID87 értékelés
87 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 532 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at work would include watching more than 100 people in our pools at any given time giving swim tests to kids in a fast manner making sure none of our activities for the pool are disturbed. Making sure all of my guards are focused on the pool and ready for work. Running chemical tests to insure quality of water and chlorine. and lastly running drills on lifegaurds simulating an emergency in facility or pool with observation drills, dolls.
free membership
Kontra érvek
short breaks can be very stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Core values are strong but mostly directed outward rather than applied fully to employees. Low pay, expensive benefits and a feeling of not being respected. Donor driven.
High job satisfaction
Pay and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job really showed me how to run a volleyball camp well and efficient. I had a great experience working with the kids in the camp. I learned just as much as they learned. My manager was very flexible with my school and sports.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The one thing I got from working here was understanding of working with staff and clients when I'm cleaning the Felicity and everyone is really nice.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is pretty laid back and the supervisors are awesome as well as your coworkers. It does get a little stressful sometimes when they are understaffed.
Friendly work environment
Not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a great place to work for someone who likes to swim, who wants a leg up in the work force at an early age. CPR certification is valuable, but nothing else really is. Average job for 20ish year olds
Munkahelyi kultúra
No information to share at this time
Every branch and position are different

You must be interested in the cause

Not the average job

Talk to people in position interested in
Munkahelyi kultúra
My manager down in aquatics didn't pay me for 2 months then accused me of lying on my time sheets. Familys that come in are usually disrespectful, i met about 4 nice families in my 6 monghs of working as a swim instructor. Other than that, this job is terrible. It takes forever to move up in pay or job titles. And there isn't a single garentee that you'll even be put on the schedule. Because the Manager doesn't care. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work! The employees and members are wonderful. Management is good. They work with your schedule and help you find subs when needed. The pay isn’t that great though but working with the members and seeing the positive change in their lives is worth it!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Poor pay, poor communication, lack of support from upper management and HR. Unrealistic expectations. Diversity and inclusion for members only, need to follow their own core values in regards to the employees. Love the mission but would never work for them again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work with, especially as someone new to the work force. I learned a lot with them and gained much experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a volunteer there so they didn't pay me, but it was a perfect way to get into some working experience as a youngster preparing for future life. Everyone working there was incredibly kind and compassionate and I made valuable friends and memories at that place
Pro érvek
Watch kids all day, easy to navigate, staff is friendly
Kontra érvek
It's a bunch of kids, they're naturally a hassle to keep together
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the downtown YMCA because I love children and I loved the atmosphere. The management was positive and I felt comfortable in the job setting.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a camp counselor, the environment was a lot of fun. some moments were high stress but overall was a good place to work. Management was helpful, and coworkers were friendly
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked for multiple YMCA's, and the experience is always the same. Everyone seems paranoid about what everyone else is doing. It doesn't make for a fun or relaxing place to work. No matter how hard you try or how qualified you are, there is no opportunity for advancement. Workers who are higher up will keep you down, despite your qualifications. Employees who have worked for the YMCA before are not acknowledged and are treated like they are just beginners. Newer or younger employees are favored, even if their performance and knowledge are less.There is not much respect to be had. I will never work at another YMCA again.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y provided a nurturing environment for me, I was recognized for my work ethic and given opportunity to develop and grow.
Working for an organization that is genuine and strengthens the community I love has given me great satisfaction.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Y as a lifeguard was amazing at first, there’s lots of people to meet and the co-workers are very friendly. The job itself was rather boring but the friends I made were worthwhile. Their low amount of staff caused problems, and even though it’s up to the employees to get coverage, no one would cover. They refused me a leave of absence for an important time and so I had to leave. Even then quitting was horrible, they begged me to stay and still beg me to return. It’s a very stressful yet boring job as well, because not much happens, but if someone gets injured that’s on you.
Great Co-workers, Sometimes Free Food
Poor Management, Stressful, Boring, No Coverage
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a perfect job for being in high school. The hours were simple and everyone worked together to get things done. They are very understanding and it was fun being able to be around all of the kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I didn't mind working here, but that was about it. It was the kind of place that didn't really require you to go above and beyond at your job, and didn't reward you if you did anyways. The aura of relaxation was non-existent, which was expected, but don't expect any breaks or to be able to loosen up unless you work a closing shift. The rotations are an hour to a 15 minute "break" which is really time at the desk doing chemicals or swim tests. If you have a ton of friends who work there, it's great, but I find a lot of people to be generally not serious about their jobs and luckluster on coworker relationships.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was good place to work if you want to work children and help them with their future. The schedule was during the weekend though which is a downside but its only in the morning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Coworkers were like an extended family. The Y training was sub par, and exclusive to Y only business models. Acceptance of your role working with other departments, no politics, everyone helped each other.