YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Birmingham, AL

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
72 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 845 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked the after school program with children in grades 5 through 7. We engaged in teaching home skills, writing, math, english, arts and crafts. My class was eager to discuss home issues, family problems, future desires, goals and dreams. We took various field trips, which promoted learning, imagination and wholesome fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was let go at the YMCA of Greater Birmingham, AL due to the lack of membership during COVID 19. However, instead of placing me, a 10-year senior instructor with full up to date credentials, into another branch of the YMCA, they had rather let me go and hire new people for the other branches. I've given my heart, body, blood, sweat, and tears to work there. My classes were my passion. I loved working with the members. I've been so hurt by this action as I've worked so hard for them over the years.
members
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job at the YMCA consist of very little hassle, an great job for a beginning teen,great customer interaction. I would definitely recommend any teen that have little to no job experience to apply there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of my favorite jobs I’ve had! The staff and management is so nice and caring. I made many friends while at work. It was so easy to take off so it fit very well with my school schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Personal trainers are severely underpaid. I have worked her for over a year and have had 3 different mangers. Employee retention rate is fairly low. Most employees that quit just don’t show up for their shift, which shows little respect and/or satisfaction with regard to management staff. There is inconsistent enforcement of rules and protocol. Protocol tends to change without notice.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a Fitness/Zumba instructor, I thoroughly enjoyed conducting classes and interacting with participants and with other instructors. I was afforded great latitude to conclude my classes by affirming the participants and speaking positively into each of their lives! Absolutely amazing experience!
Munkahelyi kultúra
company is great Christian Organization lots of good people and members who work out there. Culture is good really played back and relaxed how most gyms are.
Relaxed
Kontra érvek
Too relaxed got bored easily
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great atmosphere to work. Leadership stands in the way of bettering employees and the site as a whole. Leadership doesn't motivate employees to excel into different areas (would be nice with teens working and on their way out into the world).
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA of Greater Birmingham was a great experience. During my time there, a typical day on the job would consist of busy hours most of the morning, mainly the elderly, during lunch and after 5, with mainly working class and business people working out before they commute home. One thing I learned was that people can be scary and the world is a bigger place than what I thought it was. The environment is pretty laid back, as long as you do what you're asked then things will go smoothly. The hardest part of the job was staying awake whenever the gym was slow, but on the other hand, I really enjoyed it when it was busy and I got to meet many different kinds of people with different kinds of stories
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun job able to make an impact in the lives of youth diverse population each day is different kids engage in various learning opportunities in class and outside
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pros: fairly easy job, very nice members Cons: TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT, NO COMMUNICATION, low pay, INCONSISTENT HOURS, terrible policy for finding a coworker to cover a shift
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would not recommend working here. They pay is low and the job is very stressful. I worked for the YMCA for 5 years and noticed a lot that went on. With that being said, I would not recommen this job.
Kontra érvek
Lots of work and low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the YMCA. I was there for 12 years and had no desire to ever leave, until my dad unexpectedly passed away, and since all my family lives in Florida, I had no choice but to leave my job at the YMCA in Birmingham, AL and relocate back to Florida.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a fun place to work and meet new and diverse people from all walks of life. You can exercise your mind and your body. I would recommend the YMCA to everyone.
Pro érvek
Great place to meet new people
Does not pay that much
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun environment for summer camp relaxed, laid back, no overbearing requirements discount on gym memberships good summer job if willing to put in the required work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got to meet new people every day and I learned new skills to help me along the way. I also enjoyed working with the kids and the staff at the YMCA. I also was the receptionist and helped the trainers in their classes.
Positive work environment
n/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked with the YMCA since I was 16. At first, I was a volunteer and moved on to full Camp Counselor. It was a very good experience. I would prefer it to any young person for their first job.
Excellent
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was not bad for a part time job. A little boring at times but it was a relaxed environment. The people were nice and helpful. Overall, it's a nice place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed the relationships I built. Kids were a bit challenging at first until we got a good understanding I enjoyed I could put my own twist on the daily schedule.
Touching lives
Heat
Munkahelyi kultúra
The members at the YMCA made the place feel like a 2nd family. If I got payed just a little more I would stay there. The management is decent but they are also very friendly. Learning all of the information was pretty easy. I enjoyed my coworkers. The environment is cheerful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the children and their parents in Afterschool care. I also, enjoyed the Learn & Play area, the parents are GREAT!! But the management is horrible, no benefits, you work full-time hours for part-time pay. I hated it!!!
wonderful children, free membership
Kontra érvek
low low pay, poor management, work full time with part time pay, No benefits