Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Berkeley, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Berkeley, CA25 értékelés
25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 249 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day is busy. You are constantly on your feet and problem solving throughout the day. I learned how to build relationships with parents and children. Being at this job I had to learn how to keep a classroom managed with multiple children present ranging from 8-20 children, sometimes staffing was limited so you had to maintain ratio but sometimes, the support wasn't always present. Hardest part of the job is conflicts with parents, or challenging behavior within the classroom. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the children, teaching them and learning from them
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great place to meet people who want to improve their health and fitness. If you are just getting into personal training it's a great place to start. The pay is not good and the management does not really value the job of the trainers but the members really appreciate it.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The overall job and duties are very simple, but the pay is horrible minimum wage with never a raise because it’s a union (with a very bad union rep) job. People working for company 33years getting $18hr. Lots of favoritism, gossiping and snitching. Could be cool place if management and staff changed.
Easy Job, nice facility
Horrible pay, bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work as a volunteer with a local YMCA. Work hours are limited but overall very nice staffs to work with and very flexible. Awesome annual staff party.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being able to teach children how to swim is wonderful. The work itself is very rewarding, Being able to get a kid to enjoy the water is huge. On the other hand its very stressful. Parents often don't understand whats going on so they like to complain.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is always something to get done, but overall its pretty chill and nice. I love everyone even my team it's very cultural and interesting. Even the teens who come in are very nice and laid back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
its has given me the opportunity to work for the first time. I have worked for the Berkeley Youth Institute and as a camp counselor for Y-Camp summer program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly, caring nurturing environment. Lots of room for growth. Many trainings and workshops to enhance teaching levels.
Compsation for trainings
Munkahelyi kultúra
the program ended but it was great when it existed. Its honestly the one thing that changed a bunch of stuff in my life. I learned many skills I still pursue today. Meet maany friends I consider family now. and Let me meet the mentor who'd become my key person to becoming passionate about the ARTs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly, fun and my passion. I learned different ways to entertain children, teach valuable lesson and have fun at the same time. Love working with the children so this was perfect for me.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
people don't appreciate the work you do, get underpaid or paid bellow, they hardy ave benefits only a gym membership, are actually for profit unlike their mission state
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place is amazing, I really cannot say enough good about the Downtown Berkeley YMCA. A very welcoming multicultural environment, that is doing so much good in the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very enjoyable company to work for I was glad I had a chance to work in such an enjoyable environment with such good peers and management.
good pay
no visible cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a prefect place if you are in school but its not a place to make your career because there is limited growth options.
great company values
Kontra érvek
work enrioment can be stressfull at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would teach swim lessons for about 6 hours a day, and I really enjoyed every minute of it. I learned leadership and how to work with children and adults. We had a proactive and kind management staff. My coworkers worked in a cohesive fashion and they all seemed as excited about the work environment as I did. Hardest part of the job was getting chlorine all over my eyes. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the little ones.
Pro érvek
working with young children, a great staff, and fun
Kontra érvek
no healthcare, too much chlorine
Munkahelyi kultúra
organizing and managing server room
managing a network

answering tickets/tech support

fixing computers

replacing old computers with new computers in different site locations

fun people to work with

amazing job
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consisted of informing prospective members of our services and costs, and would then sign them up for the type of membership they requested. I also assisted with any questions or concerns that came up for current members. I provided tours of our facilities when needed, as well.

I gained a new appreciation for the YMCA after learning its history and true message it sends to its members and the public.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with all of the different characteristics that the public brought into the facility. Even though it was very difficult at times, I learned how to deal with each situation if it were to ever repeat itself.

I enjoyed communicating and interacting with people consistently throughout the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA has definitely granted me many resourceful and business relationships while expanding my knowledge professionally.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has been a fantstic place to work as it allows one to learn on a day-to-day basis in a fun and active environment. In addition to serving the community, the Y strives to be a sustainable building and is constantly working to better itself and better the experience for all who come to it. The employees are all dependable and hard-working, making for a supportive team that eases the work-day, and management is keen on making sure that the staff is doing well. The best part of the job is being able to work with such a diverse membership and staff, and it only becomes difficult when there is so much to do in so little time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working here. All the people I worked with were extremely helpful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is working with another employee from my high school. Open up the cart did some inventory,and if need something restock we go get the supplies needed.My manager was the best very fun and active guy who love to enjoy life.my co workers was the best we always pair off with different people everyday so it was always someone new i work with.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés