YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Berkeley, CA

24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 293 értékelés megtekintése
2,0
Working as a custodian
Custodian (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2019, október 4.
The overall job and duties are very simple, but the pay is horrible minimum wage with never a raise because it’s a union (with a very bad union rep) job. People working for company 33years getting $18hr. Lots of favoritism, gossiping and snitching. Could be cool place if management and staff changed.
Easy Job, nice facility
Horrible pay, bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pleasant to work with and very flexible
Volunteer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2018, június 25.
Work as a volunteer with a local YMCA. Work hours are limited but overall very nice staffs to work with and very flexible. Awesome annual staff party.
Very self rewarding
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, december 14.
Being able to teach children how to swim is wonderful. The work itself is very rewarding, Being able to get a kid to enjoy the water is huge. On the other hand its very stressful. Parents often don't understand whats going on so they like to complain.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Chill Job but get lots of work done
Paid Intern (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, november 29.
There is always something to get done, but overall its pretty chill and nice. I love everyone even my team it's very cultural and interesting. Even the teens who come in are very nice and laid back.
Productive and Fun
Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, szeptember 13.
its has given me the opportunity to work for the first time. I have worked for the Berkeley Youth Institute and as a camp counselor for Y-Camp summer program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, positive friendly environment
Head Teacher (Sub) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, augusztus 11.
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly, caring nurturing environment. Lots of room for growth. Many trainings and workshops to enhance teaching levels.
Compsation for trainings
Lit
Youth Institute Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA 947042017, július 28.
the program ended but it was great when it existed. Its honestly the one thing that changed a bunch of stuff in my life. I learned many skills I still pursue today. Meet maany friends I consider family now. and Let me meet the mentor who'd become my key person to becoming passionate about the ARTs
Great Place to work
Sports Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, július 5.
Friendly, fun and my passion. I learned different ways to entertain children, teach valuable lesson and have fun at the same time. Love working with the children so this was perfect for me.
1,0
dont work here
Volunteer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, június 21.
people don't appreciate the work you do, get underpaid or paid bellow, they hardy ave benefits only a gym membership, are actually for profit unlike their mission state
What a GREAT place
Personal Trainer/Fitness Coach (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2016, december 19.
This place is amazing, I really cannot say enough good about the Downtown Berkeley YMCA. A very welcoming multicultural environment, that is doing so much good in the community.
Very good company
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2016, június 9.
Very enjoyable company to work for I was glad I had a chance to work in such an enjoyable environment with such good peers and management.
good pay
no visible cons
Not a lot of growth
Lead on Duty (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2016, május 23.
This is a prefect place if you are in school but its not a place to make your career because there is limited growth options.
great company values
Kontra érvek
work enrioment can be stressfull at times
Fun and enjoyable work
Water Safety Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2015, október 14.
I would teach swim lessons for about 6 hours a day, and I really enjoyed every minute of it. I learned leadership and how to work with children and adults. We had a proactive and kind management staff. My coworkers worked in a cohesive fashion and they all seemed as excited about the work environment as I did. Hardest part of the job was getting chlorine all over my eyes. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the little ones.
Pro érvek
working with young children, a great staff, and fun
Kontra érvek
no healthcare, too much chlorine
Fun
Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2015, augusztus 3.
organizing and managing server room
managing a network
answering tickets/tech support
fixing computers
replacing old computers with new computers in different site locations
fun people to work with
amazing job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and keeps the members happy
Member Services Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2015, március 15.
A typical day at work consisted of informing prospective members of our services and costs, and would then sign them up for the type of membership they requested. I also assisted with any questions or concerns that came up for current members. I provided tours of our facilities when needed, as well.

I gained a new appreciation for the YMCA after learning its history and true message it sends to its members and the public.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with all of the different characteristics that the public brought into the facility. Even though it was very difficult at times, I learned how to deal with each situation if it were to ever repeat itself.

I enjoyed communicating and interacting with people consistently throughout the day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Community and Family Oriented
Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2014, november 20.
Working at the YMCA has definitely granted me many resourceful and business relationships while expanding my knowledge professionally.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced and engaging workplace that offers constant stimulation and employee growth.
Membership Services Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2014, november 3.
The YMCA has been a fantstic place to work as it allows one to learn on a day-to-day basis in a fun and active environment. In addition to serving the community, the Y strives to be a sustainable building and is constantly working to better itself and better the experience for all who come to it. The employees are all dependable and hard-working, making for a supportive team that eases the work-day, and management is keen on making sure that the staff is doing well. The best part of the job is being able to work with such a diverse membership and staff, and it only becomes difficult when there is so much to do in so little time.
great place
Camp Aide (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2014, június 12.
I like working here. All the people I worked with were extremely helpful.
Fun work place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2014, április 17.
A typical day at work is working with another employee from my high school. Open up the cart did some inventory,and if need something restock we go get the supplies needed.My manager was the best very fun and active guy who love to enjoy life.my co workers was the best we always pair off with different people everyday so it was always someone new i work with.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people to work with. Direct impact on members. Relaxed, social environment. Very few opportunities to move up. Low pay.
Preschool Physical Education Coach (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2014, február 4.
Working for the Downtown Berkeley YMCA has helped me plant my roots in the Berkeley/Oakland community. It has made me feel welcome and relaxed. I love the work that I do with youth and community members. I feel appreciated by the membership. I have invested a lot of time and work to the YMCA, but the Y has little opportunity to give back in terms of professional advancement, because advanced positions rarely become available, and the hourly pay maxes out at $15/hr for staff with almost no full time hourly positions available.
Pro érvek
Fun, social environment. Free gym membership.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, few benefits and few promotions available
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van