Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Belmont, NC

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Belmont, NC13 értékelés
13 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 017 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Could be better but far from the worst
As a member services representative, I was one of the most visible faces of the YMCA and tried my best to represent my branch and the organization to the best of my ability.

A typical day at work consisted of greeting and acknowledging guests as they entered and left; communicated with guests as they came to us with questions; processed transactions ranging from a towel to swimming lessons to summer camp; data entry; answered the phone for my Y and sometimes for the nearby branch when they couldn't answer the phone; gave tours or hooked prospective members up with wellness employees who could give tours when I couldn't; and helped open or close the building.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with regular guests. When I first started the job, I was in awe of the way some employees seemed like best friends with some of the guests. It was definitely an uplifting environment. The employees who I got to know were also great and supportive, and we tried to make those work hours fun for ourselves just as much as we did for the guests.

The least enjoyable part of the job was dealing with irate guests--both current and prospective--and feeling out of the loop about stuff I feel I should have known about so that I could be as helpful as possible (for example, birthday parties). I also ended up having to assist with some very uncomfortable situations either while I was working by myself or when there wasn't a higher-up around who could have called shots I didn't have the privilege to call. Another not so favorite part was campaign season--I learned
 - több...
the best place
the ymca is such a great place to work, the people who run the place are so amazing. I never had a problem with any drama. it was always a safe environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed job, great for a second job or job for a teenager.
Enjoyed my time there, great community, not very motivated environment. The Management was willing to help you get extra hours in different job titles and things of that nature but there was very little long term investment into workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for children and awesome job
The ymca has always been my favorite place to work I always say if they would pay more I would go back in a heart beat. The people there are great , the kids are awesome and the environment is just outstanding. All around great.
Pro érvek
People, working with kids, laid back, always smiling
Low pay
Nice place
The ymca is really nice to work at and grow as a human being. You really have your patience tested in the best way possible the staff is super friendly and always willing to lend a hand. I would definitely recommend young adults or teens working here in the kids department.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
excellent
worked 4 hour shifts. i learned how to multitask by having to watch 20+ kids and work with the parents. I enjoyed working with the kids closely and really getting to know them and their parents
Fun
Great kids. Parents were nice poeple. Swimming in the water with kids and teaching how to swim is really fun. Coworkers are awesome. Really friendly. Water is warm sometimes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced and enjoyable if you like children
Working at the Stow YMCA was an important experience for me. They taught me leadership training while going there, and allowed me to volunteer to help clean up and provide for the children.
Free gym pass
Kontra érvek
Very specific dates for hiring
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great atmosphere for anybody to workout
The people at the YMCA are great, not only do you meet people to workout with but you meet soon to be friends. Greeting and talking to members was the highlights of my days, I made many long lasting relationships there. Instructing new people on how to use the workout equipment helped me in many ways to learn to communicate with people of different levels of fitness. Whether it be a brand new person to fitness who doesn't know the slightest thing to a person searching for something new workout wise cause they have already done everything, everyday keeps you on your feet and striving to learn new things. Since I had experience in construction and maintenance I would be asked to tear apart old equipment to load in dumpster, change out satellite equipment, fix workout equipment, daily machine maintenance, and some painting.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work. Promotes healthy living.
This is a part-time position for me. I work approximately 18 hours each week and have come to know the members on a first-name basis. Excellent customer service is a must in the position at the Member Services counter. I enjoy my co-workers and we work well together. It's all about teamwork in this facility. Management listens to the concerns we have about the job at hand and work to improve on things that need improvement - to make our jobs easier. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate members. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing someone cry when they are approved for a scholarship and are then able to work out and get healthy.
Pro érvek
Free membership for employees & discount for family
Kontra érvek
Pay is not equal to the duties I perform
Awesome
I love the YMCA and it's mission. I have worked for the YMCA in some capacity for 25 years...mostly just part time.
The YMCA has always been more than a gym. It's an outreach into the community that means so much to so many people.
Great organization!
Kontra érvek
The budgets is always tight! The organization needs more funding.
Summer Camp Counselor Job as a College Student
At the Stowe YMCA I worked as a counselor for 3-5 year old kids in a program that is known as kinder camp. On a daily basis we helped the kids to learn and grow by teaching lessons and playing games. My normal hours were from 8:00am to 6:00pm. On a typical day we served breakfast, had free play, story time, fun activity, a craft, lunch and nap time. There was always a lot going on. Time management was a skill I picked up through this job because there was a schedule for each day planned out in advance. The hardest part of the job was staying exactly on that schedule every day.
Organized
Kontra érvek
Could barely eat lunch because you had to help the kids open their lunches and snacks etc.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was fun.
Working at the YMCA was fun and I loved doing it. I was able to help kids with their homework or if one of them needed to talk I could help them. I got to have fun at my job every day.
Pro érvek
Fun, Exciting, I felt like my supervisor cared.
Sometimes I felt warn down
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés