Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Bellingham, WA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Bellingham, WA19 értékelés
19 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 642 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
works great as a first or college job but i would not devote too much time to the organization because it wont help you get anywhere. dont make it a career path
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a challenging work place that offers the opportunity to help the children in your community grow and prosper. They’re centered around maintaining a safe AND fun environment for the kids.
Relationship building
Short hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working at the YMCA. The other teammates were easy to get along with, helped out when needed, and covered shifts when I was ill or could not show up to work. The managers were super flexible and I learned a lot from them. The other staff around the YMCA were always happy and welcoming.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While I was extremely passionate about the work I was doing, the level of pay for work put out was far below a living and respectable wage. Expectation of work was too high for minimum wage.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had 2 separate jobs at the Y, in 3 locations. Lifeguarding, and Childcare. The YMCA (summer 2018) for the most part had a pretty relaxed atmosphere, but I as well as many other staff members had conflicting views about her supervisor. This was also the case when I worked as a childcare worker between 2017 and 2018. The management was very intimidating and hard to work with. The YMCA that I worked at between 2011 and 2016 was the most positive and upbeat atmosphere out of the 3. Over all, the Y is not a bad place to work, I just happened to be in a place where I had conflicting views with my supervisors and staff members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a very friendly company where everyone is treated like family and treated fairly. The management was very fast paced but allowed me to transport myself to different job sites without hassle.
Great Environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working in the childcare department at the Whatcom Family YMCA. I received thorough training for my position, I was given opportunities to further my education and to move up in the company, and I truly felt like I was making a difference in the children's lives. Like any childcare position, it is physically and emotionally demanding so it is important to take time for yourself to recharge outside of work. The management is some of the best management that I have ever worked for. I felt like I could come to them with anything and they would listen. They work really hard to make sure that their staff are happy and comfortable.
Pro érvek
supportive management, positive work environment, paid education, rewarding
salary, high staff turnover
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Whatcom Family YMCA is a great job if its your first time working with kids or wanting to see the fruits of your labor through the time invested in the children. The work place environment can be crazy with children crying, getting upset, hurting themselves on the playground, or just simply having a bad day. However, all of that stress and frustration goes out the door when you have a fun connection out during game time with them, seeing them understand their homework concepts you helped them learn, problem solving with one another on how to get along or solve an issue. It will be hard work that is underpaid, but if you have the heart to serve and be a role model to children this is the place to begin that journey.
Pro érvek
The good days are the BEST days!
Kontra érvek
It can be exhausting, frustrating, and stressful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had a lot of fun with this job. Got to meet a lot of nice people and kids, and the general staff environment was always calm and friendly. Occasionally it was erratic and stressful, but that was because of the kids probably.
Pro érvek
Great staff, fun people, healthy atmosphere.
Kontra érvek
Tiring, Devoted, certainly not for desk job people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA taught me a lot about patience, kindness, responsibility and dedication. I grew to love my after school kids and always strived to be the best I could be for them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Barkley YMCA Early Childcare center had its ups and downs like any job, but it has honestly taught me a lot about myself and helped me learn an extraordinary amount of patience and respect for others, whether that's the amazing kids I cared for or my coworkers. I learned how to provide the service of self-care and nurturing support to those, just starting out in life and it inspires me to bring that same caring and respective attitude to my future work!
Pro érvek
Working with children, supportive staff
Kontra érvek
Understaffed, low wages, deteriorated/old/broken classroom supplies
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked at diffrent YMCA’s since I was 16 and employees are always nice but there isn’t much of a career aspect to the job. Really like it here but it can be too repetitive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wanted to work in the community after working in office jobs for 10 years. The YMCA is a fantastic organization, doing so much good in the community, and it felt great to contribute my time/work to them as an employee. The Whatcom YMCA is a big enough organization, it seemed people were promoted and cross-trained often, so it does offer professional advancement even though the wages are low--as they are with any community service job I think. If you believe in the core values of social responsibility, healthy lifestyles, and youth development, its a great place to work.
Free membership
low wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for hands on learning in an after school environment. The hours do not lend themselves well to making a full time living but the School Age Program is great for students and other young adults who want to see what youth development work is like.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I only taught one class a week but I really enjoyed it. The members and the staff are all fantastic people. For me, the hardest/most frustrating part was that I wanted to work there full time but there were no positions open.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Kids are great to work with and can easily make your day. If you want to make an impact on a kids life that is the main thing to get out of the job as there is not the best compensation. If you're looking to get a lot of hours in little days then this job is not for you.
Be apart of kids lives
Kontra érvek
Parent conflict and lack of substitutes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teaching children from the ages of one to four, gross and fine motor skills, preparing healthy meals, running the daycare class room. Speaking with parents about community involvement.
Working with children
disipling children
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the kids in my classroom. It was always busy and hectic, but i adored the kids. I did not like working for the company. The management left much to be desired. The coworkers varied, some were wonderful and amazing, and others created unwanted drama. The hardest part was the management and coworkers. The enjoyable side was watching the kids grow and blossom.
free lunches
Kontra érvek
poor management, low pay, low benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
All of the staff are wonderful. All very open and polite people with patron safety and learning as a first priority. Decent curriculum with fun atmosphere. Staff push swimmers to learn new things and perfect stroke technique. As a life guard the hardest part of closing duties was cleaning the mats. The hardest part of opening duties was waking up. I always enjoyed going to work and loved the friends I made there.