Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Bay Shore, NY

21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 673 értékelés megtekintése
fun working with kids
had many fun and laughable monuments with the kids at the camp, made sure they were safe and they had lots of fun. I had a small group I worked well with everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace giving me experience working with children
The YMCA is a fun place to work, I love working with children and making a difference in their lives. I help them with homework, talk to them, play with them, supervise them, and make sure they are having fun. During summer camp I also accompany them on filed trips and take attendance daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The salary is low even if younhave experience on that area . You start at 12 and then annually taise .25 cents.
I love what i do. But unfortunately the pay is minimo. No.vacations paid, no.sicks day .no benefits it all. Even if you bilingual doesnt apply to.you get a little extra pay.
Fun and Friendly Environment
There is always something to do and things to learn. I look forward to going to work and teaching children to swim. To see them advance and improve each week gives me great joy. The staff is AMAZING and is always wiling to help.
Fast paced but Fun
It is a fast paced and fun job! If you love kids and playing sports this is the job for you. Pays decently but you get no breaks and no sick days. Also, does not pay for overtime
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great peers, poor leadership
Management seemed to flip flop often on what they wanted to do with my room and communication was terrible. On the other hand my peers were fun to work with and most were skilled at their job.

From what I have observed it is very difficult to get fired from the YMCA but there wasn't much advancement (either promotions or from part-time to full).
Pro érvek
autonomous, working with children, flexible schedule.
Kontra érvek
limited growth, poor pay, no benefits.
worplace
I love working with children, and as a Pre K teacher I get to be the first experience the child has in a school environment, which can be sometimes stressful because you want to make sure their experience leads them to want to come to school for year to follow.
Pro érvek
get to know new children
no organization
ymca
the ymca is a good atmosphere to work in. but the salary is horrible
and the hours are all over the place. it is a good job for a high school or college student
Great Place to Work
Great group of people. I learned a lot as both a lifeguard and a swimming instructor. Working with the kids in the day camp was also great.
I would definitely recommend working at the YMCA for high school and college kids.
Fun workplace with children
Very stressful for working with little children. Volunteer work so very little compensation for lots of work. Most of the parents don't tip but the relationships with the children are very rewarding.
Free Gym Membership
Working in the heat
Fun place to work
When working part time, a good place to work since you supply your available hours and then are scheduled accordingly. Everyone is smiling at work. Excellent work environment.
Pro érvek
Your schedule works with your available hours
No paid days off
Productive workplace
After working at the YMCA I have nothing but good things to say about it. Great place to work. Everyone is curtious and all of the supervisors are passionate about what they do which rubs off on their staff.
Productive and Rewarding Place to Work
It was rewarding to work with children and teach then a lifelong safety skill. The people in aquatics were all friendly and nice.
Productive work area
Normal busy day
Learnt to deal with customers with care

co-workers all got along and friendly

Hardest was keeping a steady pace

The customers was very enjoyable
Unfortunate
The staff at the YMCA summer camp were very unkind. I was one of the counselors that loved the children very much. I wanted to be there. Most of the other counselors either knew someone who worked there, or were forced to work there. Most of them did not really want top be there.
Great Sense of Community & Family
When I first applied for a job as a teaching assistant at the YMCA, I had the idea that this would be a short term job and would soon pursue a job in a school district as an Elementary School teacher. However, the strong sense of community at the YMCA has kept me there for 5+ years. Whenever you enter the building, you feel like you've come home. You know everyone by name and your coworkers are genuinely interested in your life. In addition to your supportive coworkers, you have a classroom of children who love you.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching my students learn and grow. They enter the classroom in September with the inability to hold a pencil or spell their name. Some are enable to correctly use their words with their friends, use the potty, or ask for help. However, by the end of the year, the students are fully ready to conquer Kindergarten. They leave with problem solving skills, confidence, and knowledge. They now know their address, phone number, letters and numbers, spelling of common words, and the list goes on and on. The best part of my job is seeing just how far my students have come.

The hardest part of the job is unfortunately the parents. For students to reach their full potential, there needs to be a strong partnership between teachers and parents. However, many parents just don't care or seem to think preschool isn't so important. This could be very frustrating for a teacher.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
• Teaches children from ages 3-12 basic and advanced swimming techniques.
• Supervised all aged patrons as they performed all pool activities.

• Prepared to respond to non-threatening and life-threatening injuries, if necessary.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for Mom's looking to get back into the work force
Family orientated atamosphere. Social and community minded.
review
Good place to send your kids for camp. Great place to gain experience working with different age groups
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for families, employee benefits not so great. Poor salaries for responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in the life of a child and working with families in my community. Management should do better for their employees. Co-workers some are very hard workers others very lacked and we basically get the same raise. Hardest part of my job is leaving work behind at the end of the day because I care.
Close commute
pay
Fun Atmosphere and Amazing Organization
The YMCA at Great South Bay has an amazing summer camp for children who are in kindergarten all the way up into their teenage years. They supply some of the best facilities for these children and help all children discover themselves and what they like to do. From cooking, sports, performing arts, and arts and crafts, all area's are covered to make each day at the YMCA an amazing day
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés