Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Baltimore, MD

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Baltimore, MD61 értékelés
61 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 710 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
They are loving to work with and it easy to get help
The Y is the leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being and inspiring action in and across communities
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is very warm and welcoming, but would be even better if they raise the benefits they give to those who work in the childcare system.
My experience at the Y has been very welcoming and accommodating. As a part -time employee who was in school full time, the management was always willing to work with my schedule. Since working at the Y, however, it has been saddening to see the amount of work the lead teachers are expected to do without, what I believe to be, proper compensation. Unfortunately, childcare is not seen as a priority in the career hierarchy. The compensation for the amount of work could be a lot better, but overall, it is a great place to work.
Pro érvek
Warm, friendly work environment, filled with individuals who are passionate about child development
Kontra érvek
Compensation is not nearly as much as it should be
Munkahelyi kultúra
• Lead children and teens and engage them in positive, fun and enriching activities that support healthy youth development.
• Prepare and submit lesson plans that meet the individual needs of the youth and the overall goals of Y programs for students in grades K-12 located in schools in low income communities served by the Y in Central Maryland.
Headstart-Y
The Headstart portion of the Y is similar to a contracted agency. My perspective is from a B. City Headstart view not the Y as a whole. I do not believe the Y is built for Headstart. There is a high turnover rate, no raises or incentives for efforts. Evaluations are given but no growth opportunities or bonuses. Applicants should be weary there is no summer pay and they will take legal action aginst unemployment.
Pay, Health Benefits, Access to great teachers, Free Gym Membership
Kontra érvek
No Rollover PTO or Sick time, no lunch breaks, no summer pay option for teachers, no substitutes, no incentives, no growth
Would not recommend
In 2016, the supervisor was unporfessional. It was not an inclusive environment. Not much room for personal or prfessional growth. Not an enjoyable work space.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
learning process
It was learning process so that I can learn with different age groups and seeing how children learn and think. I remember this one child didn't talk and he did with me that made feel so good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of working
Very warm and welcoming. Kid friendly. The staff are very pleasant and inviting. The kids are continuously learning new things. I really enjoyed working for the YMCA.
Child Caring
It’s a chill job, you just make sure the children are doing what they are asked to do by the teacher, or whoever is in charge. Not hard to deal with, but can be when they are forced to do what they don’t want.
Easy working
Strict Staff
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It sucks at the ymca don’t work here
You have to fight for hours as a swim instructor and if your a lifeguard you definitely won’t have a say in when u work. Management has bad communication and doesn’t care about your personal problems
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has a great mission but will never own up to the fact that they have a system problem when it comes to the managers. Specifically managers.
I have worked with the YMCA on two occasions and although it was years in between it was the same dysfunctional company where you have no job security at all. Always Drama from management that all go out to happy hour weekly! Boundaries are crossed with Students and their parents constantly.
Hated it!!!
The only saving grace is the coworkers. The managment sucks, HR is for the EMPLOYER not EMPLOYEES, nepotism just a horrible experience. The world of Head Start wasn't made to be that unfriendly and bougie!
Pro érvek
Coworkers and no formal clock ins
Nepotism, harrassment and stress
Love working for The Y!
I started with the Y 7 years ago and I haven't looked back. A mission based organization that focuses on family, youth and community. What more can you ask for?
Group Leaders Lead
I was privileged to work with young urban students, growing up in rough neighborhoods. I enjoyed the experiences we shared, we were able teach one another something new daily. I was able to get a glimpse of what it's like for children growing up in Baltimore and I would do it all over again if given the opportunity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place if you enjoy working with children.
Personally I believe that I was hired to terminate certain employees that they wanted to get rid of. I wasn't given any assistance on some of the duty that I was required to do even though I asked for help.
Working with the children
Kontra érvek
Unfair as to how they go about firing employees.
Not too bad
The programs that the Y has are great for employees and families. There are very nice people that work for this organization. However, the pay is not very high.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly Environment with life skill and fitness skills
Well manage group of people with great personality, characteristics, and fun filling work environment. Working with kids/ teen is one of the most joyful aspect plus watching them grow into the world.
Kids, Adults, Awesome Management, and Interesting
This was my very first job after Camp Champions and I was working at an after school program with the YMCA. While there we provided kids with safe environments while aiming to teach them new things and get them active. Our days usually started with everyone coming in and clocking in and if there were any announcements or things that needed to be mentioned were said at out first get together when everyone arrived and if there need to be an afternoon meeting. If so it was discussed and then everyone would be expected to show up and sign in and if not have valid for reasons for why the couldn't be there or had to leave early. Then the group leaders such as myself would head to our group of children depending on which grade and age group they were apart of. Students and there group leaders would work on homework and get ready for transition to the classrooms or in my case the gym and begin homework and assisting them with those activities. Then we would get into the activity for the day and after that was executed the student could then have free time. If not the students and group leaders continued the assignment for the day until it ends. Everyone would then proceed to waiting areas in the hallways for students to be picked up by their families. Group Leaders listened to there walkie-talkies to know when to send students to the front during activities to send them home with there families. After all students where gone the group leaders would reconvene for our meetings and if not that we clocked and went home while preparing for the day to come.
It was a pretty easy but hard
 - több...
Pro érvek
Managment, communication, children, food, co workers, freedom, challenge, creativity, resposibility
Kontra érvek
communication, children, children's families, activities and etc.
Productive work place
The Y gave me a lot of training and preparation on the job. The job provided me with different of approaching life in our diverse school setting and the families around the school.
It was okay
A typical day for me was ensuring that employees and children were doing what they were required to do.Management was okay but it could be somewhat cutthroat.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Some ofnthe work policies weren't that good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing and uplifting work environment!
Everyday is organized in a manner that is routine like but gives room for expression and creativity. I learned a lot about the basics of childcare, and the trainings give a lot of information that you can use in all work fields. Management is amazing and helps you to grow and advance. The workplace culture is relaxed but, also detailed and active. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the training classes. The most enjoyable is the job itself!
Productive and fast-paced environment
A job that is your home away from home! Working at the Y was really fun and engaging and came with plenty of benefits for the youth. During the hot summer days, we were also able to go home early in Fridays.
Early Dismissal
Short breaks
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés