Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Ashland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
10 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Let me first say that while I worked at the Y I loved my job. The kids I worked with were absolutely fantastic, but the resources to help them with their emotional issues were severely lacking. I didn't feel comfortable simply submitting a report and "wiping my hands" of any other way to help. I was fired after I accidentally broke company policy (not anything major, just an ill-thought out tweet), after talking to others with similar jobs at other establishments I was told that I likely would not be outright fired for the same thing at said similar job. That part is very important. This job, while a summer camp counselor job, was held to an extremely high standard. I'd honestly suggest forgoing social media while you work there, it's a minefield. Oh and be aware that they are always watching what you are doing on the security cameras, and even if the kids are having fun it is possible that what they are doing "looks bad on camera." That's just food for thought. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from working there, it's just important that you pay attention to what is expected of you from the get-go.
Pro érvek
Great kids, cool coworkers, fun field trips
Kontra érvek
Poor ability to help said kids, sweeping corporate policy with little room for error
Munkahelyi kultúra
You may never get rich working for the YMCA, but not many companies will allow the level of flexibility with school and family that I was afforded at the Y.
Free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Co-workers were nice and friendly. However the schedule is not constant and my boss would often forget after i told him i would be gone for vacation. Not payed high enough
Munkahelyi kultúra
I taught 4 different Aquatics Classes. I worked with Y members ranging from 10-92 years old. I would make accommodations where needed with members who were post-surgery, or who were experiencing injuries. In my swim classes, I always demonstrated exercises in a fun and motivating manner. Most of all I enjoy the members and the dynamic personalities they have. I am also impressed with the physical growth they demonstrate each week and year.
Pro érvek
Enjoy the management and the members, it's a great place to work.
Kontra érvek
No benefits but that's all.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the Y, I still come in and work on days when I am not busy. While being at the Y I always enjoyed myself and loved all of my coworkers, they always made it a fun, comfortable, and safe environment to be in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in the RAINBOW ROOM, as an Assistant Preschool Teacher, and our students ranged in age from 24 months, to about 3 and a half years. I absolutely ADORED them all!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had fun coaching and reffing games, encouraging youth and training them to reach their basic fundamentals of seasonal sports. Fun co-workers, I wish management would be more open for youth boxing clubs that I would like to lead.
Teaching youth
better opportunities
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Ashland Family YMCA has been fun. My co-workers are amazing and all very good at their jobs which makes working there fun. I have had many supervisors during my time there but the most recent has been awesome. He is very understanding and helpful in lots of different ways. The hours were sometimes very random which worked well some days but didn't work well for others depending on my class schedule. For me, the hardest part of the job was the physical environment. The pool itself is very warm (86 degrees) and the pool deck was just as hot without any circulating air. Sitting on the pool deck alone for 3-5 hours on an 80 degree pool deck was rough as there was no way to take a break or use the bathroom. This coupled with the fact there was no way to advance in position and to be paid similarly to other parts (who have multiple staff members and any time and a climate controlled workspace) of the building (.25-.50 cent difference) made coming to work everyday tough as I sometimes found myself looking into other jobs.
Free membership (after 30 days), Fun staff
Kontra érvek
80 degree pool deck, sometimes worked alone, low pay compared to similar positions held elsewhere
Munkahelyi kultúra
great facility.It was a fun place and enjoyed working with young children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I taught group and private lessons and lifeguarded, closing the pool, cleaning the deck, and maintaining pool chemical levels. I was responsible for ensuring safety in the pool and training new employees.
remarkable coworkers.