Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Arlington, VA

17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 680 értékelés megtekintése
Nice tennis Faility
Good place to work, nice tennis facility and good management to help promote and support you as you work your way up and gain more responsibility. Good place to work
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Suppose to help people and they don't!
High turnover. Management awful. Higher up they are very cocky. A lot of favoritism. Lazy folks. Glad I don't work there anymore. Surprised I lasted 3 years. I didn't have another job when I left.
Only what YMCA STAND FOR
EVERYTHING. MANAGEMENT MAINLY
N/a
The new office staff is poor and horribe managment.. Pay is less than what I'm making at current job.. The membership and experience was pros of working there.
Membership
Needs improvement
My experience was not very positive. I was seasonal and never felt like what I did or said made a difference with leadership. It was basically "we've always done it this way". All young inexperienced staff.
Kids.
Kontra érvek
Young inexperienced staff, immature leadership.
Enjoyable
Summer time was the best. Enjoyed the field trips. Was able to bring my own children to enjoy the activities as well. This was a fun part time job to keep ends met while school was out.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Not for me
I liked the clients, I liked the mission. I liked the day to day of helping clients, answering questions. I liked my coworkers. I disliked the corporate management.
free membership
Family Oriented
I group up attending the YMCA, so the transition to work and give back to the community was seamless. My sons all learned to swim at the Y from 6months after birth and continued through all of the levels. They are most comfortable in the water.
family atmosphere
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Drive Kids to and from school
My duties are the YMCA was to drive Elementary school kids to and from school on a daily basic, Preform Pre-trip and Post trip on buses. Also drive to all YMCA Branches to pick up and deliver all mail.
before and after care
What i don't care about the YMCA, is that the communications its not there with there employees.
That's what make it not so good work environment for their employees!
Fun work place
At the YMCA i helped in the weight room. I would wiped down the equipment after customers were done using it. This was my first job and i basically learned how to work here. The work place was nice and a great environment for me. The hard part was finding enough time to finish my task but i learned quickly. I enjoyed finally being able to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced, productive work environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you successfully get a kid who was shy to get involved with the group of kids.

What I learned from this job is that patience and being observant is very important not only for this job but life outside of this job.

While working here I learned that if you work hard you will be rewarded.
Pro érvek
Free pizza on friday's, establish a firm relationship with the YMCA and its children
Nurturing and Loving Community
A typical day at work would be taking care of at least 20 children at once with the help of one other counselor. We plan and play organized sports/games, have snack/lunch, and many other activities during the summer. In Aftercare (school year) we feed the kids and help them with their homework and encourage reading books. We also have stations for the children to have fun with and also be active at the same time. They have the choice of doing PHD, Art, or science. However most children will do all of these stations in one day because it keeps them entertained and allows for them to be active and brings out their creativity. We have amazing directors and assistant directors that manage and plan everything we do every single day with a certain budget, but always seem to outdo themselves. They make sure everything runs smoothly and are determined to make sure the children have the best time they possibly can. The YMCA community is very welcoming and loving. All the coworkers seem to get along well and have respect for each other and the hard work they put in each and every day. The hardest part of the job is making sure children go home everyday smiling and nothing else. It's difficult to deal with certain children who are rebels and act out, but our team of employees at the YMCA know how to handle situations such as these and are patient when it comes to it. We believe in e very child and do not give up easily. The most enjoyable part of the YMCA is watching these kids grow and acknowledge that the YMCA is their second family. You make amazing friendships and memories/bonds with - több...
Pro érvek
long breaks, flexible schedule, friendly community
Working in the Office
Requires patience and time. You interact with your other co-workers when discussing other articles or flyers. It is a very relaxing job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy and fun environment for campers and counselors
A typical day at work was me arriving there at 7 a.m. and waiting for all of the kids to arrive in the cafeteria. While we waited for everyone to arrive the kids could play table games, go to the gym, etc. When all the kids arrived we sang the morning camp songs, and then split them up into their groups for the week. Throughout the day each group played a sport, played games inside, went to the pool, and had lunch. At the end of the day all the campers and counselors came back to the cafeteria and we sang songs again, and talked about one of the five character traits that are emphasized at the YMCA and how the campers saw it being demonstrated during their day at camp (responsibility, honesty, respect, trustworthiness, and caring). After that the kids waited for their parents to come pick them up.
Pro érvek
Learned the best ways to deal with kids and parents, no work on the weekends
Kontra érvek
Kids misbehaved from time to time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great event to be a part of!
The day of service in Virginia did a lot of great work for local communities and was a blast to plan! It was sad to see it end put Governor McAuliffe is doing a great job!
Great ppl to work with
short term
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace, amazing staff and children. Very active program.
I absolutely loved working for the YMCA. It was such an amazing experience to work with children ages 5-11. The kids were very sweet and intelligent. Working at the YMCA has taught me so much about children with disabilities. A typical day at work would be myself having to walk to one of the schools and pick up all of the kids in our program; walk back being very careful and attentive of the kids and all of the traffic.
My supervisors were very nice and hardworking but still knew how to have a great time. They were role models for myself, the kids as well as others. My co-workers were very cheerful and enthusiastic with the kids and myself. They knew how to turn a gloomy day to a good one and keep smiles on everyone's faces. Also, the hardest part of the job was that I was sometimes left alone with more than fifteen kids, one counselor should only have eleven kids with them. Even with twenty kids and just myself, everyday at the YMCA was enjoyable.
2,0
Educational
Developed and directed youth sports programs.
Provided assistance to the Youth Director in the overall development and success of sports programs.

Monitored youth in a day camp setting and displayed positive leadership during youth activities.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés