YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Appleton, WI

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
26 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 845 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job has made me learn many things, and I am a better person because if it. My coworkers are some of the best people I’ve ever met. It is a blast working with the kiddos in my program! They make my day better!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great organization, with a clear purpose to help the betterment of the community it serves. However, employee development often sits on a back burner. Employees are told to work on yearly reviews for managers, and are given deadlines and management never follows through. Employees are often left wondering when their review will happen, if at all. Communications is a bit of a struggle, there have been multiple times where communication never happens, or is sparse, this causes deep miscommunication between staff and part-time. Although, working with the children is great and fairly easy, really great kids who love to play games and hang out and talk with their staff members. A great part-time job idea, but most likely not a career as pay is pretty low.
Pro érvek
Teammates are great to work with!
Kontra érvek
Low pay, lack of communication, lack of development.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The place had great place but management all the way up seemed shady. I didnt trust people in charge to do the right thing for me and I didnt believe everything
Great familys
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace but the pay could be better. I worked at an elementary school in the after school care and absolutely loved it. I was working there while I was studying to be a teacher. The supervisors were amazing to work with and so was management.
Pro érvek
Free membership, management was great, and short shifts.
Pay was low
Munkahelyi kultúra
As long as you are an outgoing person for all ages and races you would fit in. It is all customer service (which I enjoy). I always looked forward to seeing our regular customers.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun and rewarding to work with youth development and care. The work was good, the job was terrible. Constant lack of everything you were required to have, constant unpaid work, constant lack of respect from workers and customers. The wages are low, the hours are awful, and the only way to get ahead was to be part of the "in" crowd. Great opportunity if you like kids, have tons of free time, and don't need money at all.
Pro érvek
Kids are awesome to work with.
Kontra érvek
Poor compensation, no respect from management, difficult hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a good place to work, everyone is very friendly there. Get to work with kids in a safe environment. Make sure everyone is having a good time. Making sure everyone has a good time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is great and does so much in our community. However, the after school positions can be frustrating. I didn't feel like I could offer a great program to the kids. We had so much employee turnover due to low wages and lack of recognition and appreciation from administrators. I felt like the program mostly offered a holding place for kids rather than an educational opportunity. There was little respect from school administrators, and the pay is near minimum wage, even for someone with a lot of childcare experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Y gave me a purpose that was bigger than myself. Daily opportunities exist to help others grow, and do more to become better people. I consider it a privilege.
Pro érvek
Great work environment, engaging, gym membership, great place for all ages
Kontra érvek
Work-Life balance can shift depending on department needs and what role you have, wages/salary can be hard to live on
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at a pool is as simple as it sounds. Usually, days can be slow especially on early weekday mornings as no one really visits during that time. Overall relaxed work environment and the bosses are understanding and patient.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have greatly enjoyed tutoring at the YMCA. I have had some great experiences and enjoy helping students to succeed. My supervisor has been wonderful and very helpful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits, great hours and great people. Ymca was a great job and their were a lot of wonderful people to work with. The benefits was great because you were allowed to participate in some YMCA events for a great deal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job offered me an excellent work and family balance. I worked part time to balance our growing family as the kids were in high-school and getting ready for college.
Flexibility
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day you get to your site and set up the tables and toys for the kids, then as the kids come in they sign in and sit down to start the evening with announcements and snacks, and then planned crafts or group games outside or in depending on weather. As parents pick up the children we make sure they are getting signed out and say good bye. once everyone is gone we clean up and leave for the night.
free snacks
stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work if you want part-time hours. They are able to really work with a persons schedule. They are a huge name in the community.
Pro érvek
Part time work available. Flexible, super boss.
Kontra érvek
Not very unified in the departments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At a child care place there is no such thing as a normal day. The management was wonderful. I loved who I worked for, they were always good about working with their staff and trying to do what was best for their staff and the children at the center. My favorite part of the job was getting to know the kids and seeing how I impact them and how they impact me.
Free lunches, good company
Short handed
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working at the YMCA because I get to help people in many ways every day. From developing strong personal relationships with co-workers and members to teaching a fitness class I always feel like I am helping others.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Co-workers and children were great. When in came to Supervisors there was always a lack of communication between them and staff.
Pro érvek
Seeing smiling chilren when they accomplished a task
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication between Supervisors and employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
family atmosphere, team work required on a daily basis. Parts of the daily job description would include homework time, free choice where the children would engage in an activity of their choice, and a snack that a team member prepared before the daily program had begun. The most difficult part for me had been standing for long periods of time. The most enjoyable had been the interaction with the children daily. Co-Workers and management had been great working for the ymca. I learned how to work in groups, solve problems outside of a group and become efficient in areas that others depended on.
Pro érvek
free membership to the ymca
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a assistant teacher .I helped children with personal needs also served children .lunch.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is one of the poorest run non-profits in the Untied States. The Execs are over-paid and they take advantage of their employees and their members. Instead of fixing systemic problems they try to change cosmetic standards of the organization., You will never know truly where you stand