YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Anaheim, CA

53 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 849 értékelés megtekintése
The worst
Group Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2019, november 4.
Manager was a micro managing, anxiety driven, tool. The hours were garbage and the pay was well below minimum wage. Do not work for the Anaheim Family YMCA as a Group Leader.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Disorganized and chaotic environment
Lead Group Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2019, július 29.
I learned that the after school program run by the YMCA is a nightmare to work for. It is the worst job i've ever had. The only positive outcome of this job was networking which allowed me to find my current job.
Directors need training for
Program Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2019, június 11.
I worked for the Y for 15 years and always hoped that management would get better training but it got worse. The directors are all very unprofessional, childish and very degrading. They try to intimidate you with writing you up for the stupidest things, while they are in there office playing games for talking about their personal life... yes!!! It’s so sad this is a great program and I truly loved my kids, family and school faculty. The directions are so so bad that all of us “supervisors” would talk and complain but nothing would be done just add fire to our career. I felt forced to leave my 15 year job because I was accused of not reporting something that I didn’t even know about, like really!!!!
Fun Summer Job
Water Safety Instructor/Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2019, május 29.
Working at the YMCA is good for potential employees looking for an easy summer job. It is easy to ask for hours as well as time off as long as you show effort in finding a substitute for the days that you want to request to be off the clock.

The tasks given to employees are simple, but the challenge is found in managing the children assigned to you as they all react differently to each new situation presented to them. With a daily routine and the children's earned respect, the job will become simple and manageable.
Pro érvek
After setting a class routine, the job becomes simple
Can become very repetitive
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with parents and children
Group Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2019, február 19.
Very dedicated to the upbringing of the children they serve. Dedicate to provide tutoring, healthy eating, physical activity's, all while building a powerful bond with the children.
Amazing Workplace
Achieves Sports Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA 928022018, december 26.
Working for the Y was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Everyone is super nice and helpful and really encourage you to advance within the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Safe, fun and encouraging place to work
LEAD GROUP LEADER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, november 23.
Enjoyed working at the YMCA because we received a lot of training that helped us be prepared when running our programming. Had very encouraging CEO, Site Directors. Enjoyed the summer programming for the kids, offered great programming. Hardest part of the day was when it got dark early and we had classrooms a bit far from our main entrance.
Great Trainings
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a great job and the people that I work with make it a lot more fun.
Group Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, november 1.
I love working for the Y, it has taught me a lot about improving myself and others. I have been a hard worker and always help others when I need it. When I have a concern someone always takes care of it. I use to be shy but with this job you can’t be shy you always are talking to people everyday and are in charge of a group of kids by yourself. The only thing I don’t like about it that the pay isn’t enough for what we do as our responsibilities are and it’s also just a part time job and spend the whole day.
Fun and educational workplace
Lead Group Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, október 23.
Working for the Anaheim Family YMCA was beneficial in helping me acquire skills that would benefit me for my later career choice. I learned so much not only about working with children and seeing my areas of both strength and weakness but I was also able to learn to work together with other staff members towards one common goal. Through this job, I found what I enjoy doing the most.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cause Driven organization meeting community needs
President and CEO (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, október 3.
There is no such thing as a typical day. Every day is an adventure. You are in control of your schedule. Plenty of support and training and mentoring available.
Fast paced work day
Fast paced work day
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Assistant Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, augusztus 7.
A typical day at work is fun and different every day. You learn new skills as you continue progress with the company. Management is professional and understanding which staff. Working with youth is one of the most enjoyable aspects when working for this company.
3,0
Site vs Office hours
Assistant Director/Lead Program Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, június 21.
Working on site with the teachers and the families was the best part. The actual office management has horrible and not helpful at all. I would have loved to stay but the main office was making it impossible for me to do my job. My interest was always the kids. The YMCA's interest was the YMCA. Numerous times i came to my supervisor and asked for assistance for families and was never assisted. These families come first. There is no YMCA without the families that make it function.
Pro érvek
making a difference withthe families that really need it
Kontra érvek
Main office staff dont care about the families and their needs
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and learning experience.
Group Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, április 5.
I love working at the Y. I’ve learned so much off the kids and understand that they look up to people like us so it’s always good to be in a positive mood.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Never leave a child behind...
Bilingual Instructional Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, március 19.
Working for the Anaheim Family YMCA I must say was the best job I ever loved and enjoyed the most out of all my career. To see how you can impact a child's life and make a difference in their lives was such a joyful and memorable moment. To see growth and a sparkle in their eyes seeing them set higher educational standards was my role play and goal was to see them advance. Children have always been my passion being that I'm a parent myself. I know how stressful it can become for us single parents, who are non English speakers and trying to set with your child trying to do homework with them. Especially when it's very difficult to understand it when all you know is a different language. Parents took pride and secured leaving there kids in our after school program. Knowing that there kids were getting there work done and turned in on time. Being a mentored was my motivation and passion to want to go back to work the next day and everyday. If it wasn't that it was P/T I would of still been employed with them.
Field Trips, Enrichment Activities, Curriculum, Supervision
Kontra érvek
Wished it was F/T with benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was a good workplace, and the most important part of the job is working with the children who need my help.
Teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, február 18.
YMCA was the most enjoyable time of my life. I get to learn from one children to help the other in needs. It wasn't perfect but, we learned to manage.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good environment with good people
Program Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2018, február 5.
The YMCA was my training for the professional world. Its culture is one of creativity and individual growth. I learned many things on the job that most people go to school for.
2,0
Favoritism.
Program Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, december 20.
Unfortunately, this position was not about how well one did their job, but more how good of buddies you were with the manager and director. The job is fun and internally rewarding. It is a lot of work for the pay, but the intrinsic rewards are many.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Works well with college schedule if need be
Lead Group Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, október 20.
I loved the people I worked with I just didn't like the people I worked for. Terrible management and all they cared about was the money instead of the well-being of the children. We get paid so little to do so much, it was a pretty stressful job.
Pro érvek
Some of the children will make your day
Kontra érvek
Very stressful, very little support
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
3,0
Stressful Babysitting
Group Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, szeptember 26.
Worked YMCA afterschool care and was not happy. As it's a non-profit program, it's encouraged to basically treat the parents and children like royalty, as lack of funding kills the program altogether. If a kid acted up and the parent was talked with regarding the behavior, usually very little was done to correct or even acknowledge this behavior, resulting in repeat incidents. Did not feel like my effort mattered. Most co-workers were not very helpful and borderline passive aggressive.

As for what I enjoyed, most of the kids in the program are a pleasure to be around. It was fun to engage with them in games and see them smile.
Pro érvek
Seeing the smiles of kids, engaging in their growth as human beings
Kontra érvek
Poor co-worker interactions, little to no action for misbehaving students, treated as a glorified babysitter
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Great place to work.
Lead Group Leader at Loara High School (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, szeptember 25.
If you are a college student seeking to work with in a field that requires experience with students, I highly recommend working for this company. You will gain great experience and also a great network.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van