Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Albany, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Albany, NY24 értékelés
24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 530 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working Overall to better our community kids with an better out come of life and to see how well they progress with the help of an adult and move on to other programs if doing well and being a considerable candidate to participate in other honerable program with in school
Pro érvek
Is to Work with children whom need love and affection
Kontra érvek
Better your counselor skills for higher position in the field of children
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I don’t have nothing bad to say about the ymca It’s just not for me It would be better for a Younger person or someone straight out of high school....
Munkahelyi kultúra
A place to interact with children more on a personal and developmental way. The staff is exceptional. Fun place to work especially if you enjoy teaching and playing with children
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job to have with good benefits. Great first job to have and possibility to move up if you plan on growing with ymca different departments to work for to build good resume.
Good atmosphere
Short lunch breaks
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Mission driven
Promotes from within

invests in employees

Compensation is only intended to be good at director & beyond levels

Association continues to put the Troy branch on bottom of priority list
Mission Driven
Compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a friendly place to work and also create or maintain a healthy life style. The staff are always helpful and the branches are always clean.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the YMCA even though I was there for some months . It's a great experience where you learn to interact with kids , learn communication skills , And great multi-tasking.
Great experience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical days are long, but fulfilling. Coworkers are great, middle management is excellent. Upper management can make very quick decisions that can cause problems due to quick roll-out. Culture is fast-paced and intense, but is moving towards better work life balance. Best part of the job is the people. Hardest part is juggling multiple, sometimes contradictory, responsibilities.
Pro érvek
excellent benefits, good pay for middle management, fun coworkers, fulfilling work
Kontra érvek
long hours, stressful work culture, constant change in policy/procedure
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day as I had two jobs within the company was go to the before school kindergarten program and provide activities and assist head teacher with lesson planning. Then around nap time I would travel to my second position which was substitute site supervisor. If I didn't have to sub at other locations then I would assist the supervisor in monitoring children kindergarten to 6th grade in an after school program. It was enjoyable to work with the kids and participate in the games we would play but working with children can also be stressful and awarding at the same time.
Pro érvek
fun activities and projects with the kids
Kontra érvek
no specific breaks, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great introduction to real world work place
Flexible schedule

Great work environment

Awesome management and co-workers

Reliable hours

Amazing place to network
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company as a whole is wonderful and very helpful. But the school I was placed at was very unprofessional, the rules weren’t followed on a daily unless the higher boss was there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The main mission of the program is at the core of all the work that is done. Great opportunity for professional and personal growth within this organization.
Community outreach
lack of funding
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ymca is created to bring families together and help the children learn to expand their knowledge for good use rather than bad. The Y is a fun afterschool care for kids where they can get work done along with many fun activities and field trips . They are very nice well organized & always openly include the public into activities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
We performed once on campus,the next day I received five emails from different dance team that wanted us to perform on their invitationals. Bringing diversity on campus speaks more than words. We were created to make a difference and make a statement.
Pro érvek
We made a difference on campus
Kontra érvek
We have more performances than practices.
Munkahelyi kultúra
lots of things to learn it could have been better everywhere has its pros and cons it was a great experience with the variety of children and staff ..
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was a great experience for me. Was able to build a lot of good relationships with good people.. In the beginning it was a bit of a hassle because the Y was going through some changes. It was a lot of fun, working with children you are always on your feet. Children have lots of love to give, some need a little more love than others. It all depends on parents/ custodian and environment. I learned a lot about changes infants go through in the early stages of life.
It was amazing to be part of their lives, and learning experiences. It can be from free painting/ free play to reading their favorite books and watching them try to imitate you or pronounce words, made the day go by a little faster. I enjoyed building relationships with parents and making them feel comfortable dropping and picking up their children. Hardest part of my job was watching some of these children being neglected by their parents/guardians.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a great set up for the kids i loved them they were so sweet. as well as teaching them they taught me patience and helped me come up with new ways and strategies to teach them based on their level of skill
Pro érvek
loved the kids and workers
Kontra érvek
a little on the unprofessional side
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
nice co-workers and nice community. having a free membership to the ymca is great to stay happy and healthy but working at the daycare is very stressful and disorganized.
free ymca membership
no management support
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was to wash the tables for the kids before snack time, have them wash their hands to eat snack and either they do there homework or play some educational games until we either went outside or to the gym. By being there i learned how to control/maintain different angers/attitudes to a minimum, also keeping up with my education. I think the management would've been a lot better if the supervisors would communicate with the staff more, also if they see staff putting in such hard work to make sure the job meet the jobs requirements they should receive raises. The co-workers could work together instead of putting there outside feelings in to the job. The hardest parts of the job was working with a staff that didn't do any work and standing all day when my back was in to much pain. The most enjoyable things about the job was bonding with the kids, having talent shows, encouraging the kids to keep on going when they were afraid what the other kids would think.
Pro érvek
kids would eat, learn new thinks, and would build up their confidence.
Kontra érvek
no breaks, programs were to short, no raises, and no communication.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working for this company. I am able to use my skills and learn about these children and how they learn.
Learning from the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Y has been great, very friendly staff. Accuqire personal leave time and sick time fast. Usually felxable with hours.
Pro érvek
a lot of personal time and sick time