Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Abington, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The staff and parents were all very friendly and understanding of one another. They really worked together to ensure the child's safety and give them the best dance training we had to offer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Responsible for the development, administration, and success of enrolled children Create and oversee the academic enrichment curriculum and activities specializing in art. Develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans focusing on creative topics Work with community partners to develop mutually beneficial programs and events
Munkahelyi kultúra
when there are tough times reliability wears thin. limited staff but some are important and some are too old to really work. the culture around the facility is cold sometimes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Abington Ymca was great! The employees is basically a family! Everyone smiles and speaks to each other. This was my first job, so the older employees help build me and prepare me for other jobs to come.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed my time as an employee at the Abington YMCA. They helped me obtain my certifications in CPR, Basic Life Support,and Emergency Oxygen. I also worked with seniors on a regular basis promoting healthy a life style for them through regular group exercise..
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job because of the people I was around and of the environment I was around. But It was stressful sometimes and whenever there wasn't a lot of kids or employees in the kids zone area. It felt so dull and way too quiet.
Pro érvek
A fun environment to be in with great people.
people didn't listen sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Prepare for long hours with a mob of children. Summer camp is extremely stressful , but it had its moments of having heartwarming time with the children.
long hours, weekends, trips
short staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Human service is your first priority and nothing to compromise safety. On the job, experience includes working with all demographics and .backgrounds. The best part is being part of a dedicated team.
Pro érvek
Being a part of a community, free membership, recognition as an important team member, and occasional free lunches
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, lack of flexibility, ineffective communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
best job I've had so fun and peaceful.i loved it there so much. I made many friends that I still communicate with today The kids there are extremely nice
Munkahelyi kultúra
People are great to work with but they make sure that you don't make over 40,000 a year so they can get grants they pay minimum wage to most people they don't offer many hours unless you do summer camp thats a full 8 hours a day but for the money it isn't worth it and they hardly ever pay for any mediatory meetings
Pro érvek
nice people working with kids
Kontra érvek
no paid days off even if they are closed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible work environment. The manager bhavanna did not know how to manage the department. She forced employees to work even when they were sick. She was not flexible at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a volunteer position a lot of the questions are not relative to the position. If someone wants to contact me in regards to the position I will gladly talk about my experiences with the Y. I was not a salaried employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a member / employee I can honestly say this is a amazing place to work and met new people. It's has amazing teachers as far as wanting to learn how to swim or just want to work out. The Y is a family place and is very well known for its no hate zone , the friendly employees.
Meeting new people everyday
Kontra érvek
Sometimes not being able to get a break
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was monitoring playing kids, putting infants to sleep and cleaning behind children. Staff here a fun and happy people. Hardest part of this job was putting infants to sleep
enjoyable
big messes
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ymca has really helped me grow as a person. As I have gotten older I have not been able to advance in income/ or position due to to few oppourtunities
Free gym membership.
Kontra érvek
Ask you to donate money from pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is a joy in it self everyday. Going into to work and working with various children is fun and exciting. Everyday is a new experience.
free lunches
no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for bright horizons. It was a real professional environment and everyone came together to get the work done. I loved the fact that I could rotate my shift though out the year. As teacher we also got a chance to pick are partners and the age group we wanted. We got monthly training to keep us on top of our game.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the Abington YMCA differs every other day in my opinion. The YMCA uses two locations to hold their recreational swims and lessons. Some days the environment will be hectic due to disorganization with swim lessons and guards calling out on short notice. Much of this occurs due to the new Aquatics Director and new staff members who come and go. Having to deal with these situations it has in a way increased my tolerance and patience. Having to maintain safe pool chemical levels and maintaining the safety of all swimmers at once is the hardest part of the job. Above all I enjoy working with the youth and meeting new members daily.
Diverse enviroment, friendly members
Kontra érvek
Extreme heat on pool deck, unorganized aquatics program
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would recommend this job to anyone. The staff and members make this job a pleasure. There is room for professional growth and the hardest of the job not loving the members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work to balance your work life and fitness. You are able to work within different departments to truly find what you are best suited to work.