Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Nottingham

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Nottingham21 értékelés
21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 415 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very happy with this company
Them helped me to do my construction skills courses

Also helped me to do Computer It skills level 1.

The teacher was a very calm guy..

It was a true pleasure to work with this guys day by day for nearly 2 weeks
Munkahelyi kultúra
No help from higher management, left to sort out problems no training, opened shop from scratch, no help, deadline for opening, then left with no heating or hot water. Like talking to brick wall.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Morning shifts are very stressful and night shift are very relaxed.
You most of the time learn from colleagues. No comment on management. The hardest part of the job is when there are more welfare checks to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when working on the night or working outside the hostel.
N/A
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked there for two years now. It is the most stressful, frustrating and disrespectful company I have ever worked for. Staff are constantly coming and going. Staff are not safeguarded like they should be and are not cared about.
Days off
Lonf hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Daily duties would involve dealing with customer enquiries face to face, over the phone and email; opening and closure of facilities, till checks, process sign ups and cancellations, ensure all member details are kept safe following data protection procedures as well as advising members and offering them guidance towards their particular fitness goal.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Day included many positive things, as I was required to help people that were far less fortunate in life than I. I found this to be a key motivator, as I always display empathy with people, whilst always showing that I am in control of the situation in hand.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was employed at Nottingham city YMCA and I had to resign within 8 weeks due to bullying. A male staff member would harass me about my weight, shout in my face and pull nasty faces whilst others looked on laughing. It really was like being in the playground.
The pay is awful for the amount of work asked of me.

The manager conducted an investigation into a complaint without discussing it with the person whom had the complaint made about therefore increasing the toxic bullying culture.

I went in a confident and c happy woman, I left in tatters and felt destroyed.
The residents are great
Toxic staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my time as a Tenancy sustainment officer I loved the work that I did with the residents and also with my team, they are all a really good bunch of hard working, committed and passionate people.

This however does not outweigh the fact that the organisation and the senior management/management do not know how to treat their staff, they are incredibly under paid and under valued for the work that they do and I would not recommend working here. I feel that you could get the same work experience and none of the above with another local housing service/support service.
none identified
senior management
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a friday and they said i could teach a class because i am a fast learner and could manage it , i learned responsiblity, hard work and planning is always best. managment was kind and willing to give me a shot. the workplace culture was great and the hardest part of the job was planning the sessions where as the most enjoyable part was teaching the lessons
enjoy what you love
did not get paid
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work I would take as I only spent a week their on work experience but really enjoyed the week I was there as I love all sports so was the perfect job role for me
friendly staff

good work benefits

flexible and full-time work

great all rounder really
Munkahelyi kultúra
Service user centred and managers are supportive towards their staff.

The organisation offers good relevant training for both volunteers and paid staff and are open to new ideas from all involved in the service depending on funding.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Staff not listened to by management and given unrealistic targets and procedures. Staff retention is very poor, due to the poor working conditions and lack of support from senior management. Not good working conditions at present.

It is also very difficult to progress in the YMCA, unless you have friends in management positions.
Pro érvek
The YMCA is a good organisation to work at, on the whole (Just not Housing).
Shifts, Senior Management, Lack of Support
Munkahelyi kultúra
No day was ever the same. I could be answering the telephone taking bookings, sending documentation to be archived, reconciling the company credit cards and producing Board Meeting minutes all on the same day.

The departments were very varied and over time I worked with all the department heads and provided support when I had available time, even to helping with staff interviews and recruitment.

My colleagues were highly qualified professional individuals who were dedicated to their area of the organisation and it was a pleasure to work with them on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was needing 25 hours in a day and the best part of the job was completing tasks in time.
Pro érvek
Working closely with fun, dedicated professionals
Kontra érvek
As the organisation grew the structure became a bit unwieldy
Munkahelyi kultúra
What I really love to do is be as creative as I can but more importantly benefitting the service user and their needs. This job has allowed me to with the support of a great energetic team which are great at what they do!
Munkahelyi kultúra
its a very lovely place to to teach and enjoy sports with youngsters
and keep very active too.

its a great place to work and I achieved a lot and enjoyed myself.i recommend it to young people aswell as adults.
keep fit and active
good place
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place i have ever worked at, the ground staff are generally quite nice, however the other departments will stab you in the back given the smallest chance. The management are totally incapable of making sure their staff are happy, if a situation needs to be resolved - their first way of dealing with it is to ask ground staff what they think should be done about it! How about go do your own job so we can concentrate on ours? You can do a great job for this place, help them out of some tough situations and do some great things for people who really need your help. But as soon as you make one mistake they hit you like a tonne of bricks... i ended up with gross misconduct working as a security officer who had to deal with a moment of conflict... nobody got hurt, the situation was dealt with and all went on as normal so i thought... however i wasn't counting on 1st of all another department pointing this out to my manager then my manager running off to HR like the little kid in the playground who just saw that boy pull a girls hair..... so if you value your future, work anywhere else, these guys will drag you down and destroy you. I started here on £8p/h which went up by 2% to £8.16p/h due to the wage increase last October, then early this year they say they need to save money in the budget, take a wild guess where they wanted to get that back from... Expect to be scrutinized and have to defend every action you take to these guys
Pro érvek
Helping people who need help
Working there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA has given me insight into life working within Human Resources and has given me the opportunity to understand what types of work Human Resources involves. I believe that working in Human Resources is my destiny and working with the YMCA has helped me to attain and strengthen the skills I need to be a valuable HR professional in the near future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a role I enjoy very much; in them we could be doing anything from drama games at some stage schools around Nottingham to singing karaoke or teaching a dance class. Also I assist with taking kids to activity days and day camps where we do lots of different activities. I work with a wide range of ages from five to thirty five within the Nottingham community with schools and afterschool clubs. These kids and adults can be from all sorts of behaviour patterns from EBD or SEBD to special needs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would start my day with checking the audit paper and cleaning schedule so that I could see what needs doing for the day. If there were things to clean or check up on I would start doing that. Once I completed those tasks I would see what bookings I had for inductions and prepare myself for those, if there were any to be done.
Then I would take reception duty for a few hours, logging in any members that arrived or accepting payments for classes all while dealing with any member queries or enquiries.

I learned alot here about the responsibilities of a career even though I was there for several years it showed me that shift patterns and regular duties can be very challenging.

The management were very good, they appreciated the fact that I worked hard for them. They got involved when they needed to because of the fast paced environment.

My co-workers were friendly, the volunteers their especially because we were kind of our own team. The actual staff were easy to talk to and knew that we were reliable enough to delegate to it was a very good team experience with lots of fun days.

The hardest part of the job for me was the shift patterns because you could be doing a late shift at around 4pm-10pm and then a morning at 8am-2pm. But I enjoyed the challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the member interaction because it often involved you teaching them something new in exercise or giving advice on how they could train better. Which nice because I like being helpful
Free gym usage, Flexible working hours, Experience, Training
Unpaid
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun being in volutary work for the fitness centre. The job had many challanges and targets that needed to be upheld and met unfortunately i chose to end my job with them due to the need to find paid work.
Pro érvek
Free membership, easy hours, less responsibilty
Unpaid