Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Edmonton, AB

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Edmonton, AB110 értékelés
110 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company had great child-minding while I picked up casual shifts as a trainer. Great opportunity to work with the community and loved the clients I worked with.

Noticed management was overworked and lots of turnover for employment opportunities. I was always covering for people who didn’t show up for work.
Pro érvek
Management is great, free gym membership
Kontra érvek
No health benefits for Casual work, having to cover on the fly of a coworker doesn’t show up.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved dealing with the members but what they pay the staff is atrocious. When concerns are brought up they tend to be ignored. There were se*ual assaults on staff that were ignored and also not communicated to staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think in the family zone we need 2 to 3 staff in there depending on how many children there are if there are teenagers I think someone has to put some sort or rules up about using the T.V. and the X Boxes so that they don't get broken.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At YMCA I was taught the value of being apart of the team. I realized that to get a job you must be capable of working with your partners. I realized that not one person is able to reach their full potential without the help of their companions.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During summer I would attend to the needs of the camp instructors. I would run errands for them, prepare food for the kids in attendance, and exercise my leadership in camp games.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day is three hours of teaching children how to swim. Class sizes are usually 2 to eight children.
The staff are all very friendly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is playing with kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It went really good! The people are amazing, the kids are amazing, and the CIT’s help out a lot! 10/10 would recommend this job to anyone. I really enjoyed it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a awesome experience helping when I could clean the streets. Helping the are stay clean. Overall it was fun and was nice to help out when I could
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workers are collaborative and they help when needed.Very calm and relaxed overall probably the best place for any sort of volunteer work or perhaps job searching
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to fit in or they will alienate you out. Horrible culture and directors do whatever abuse of power they can to stay in their job position. Very sad environment. Great to start out if your willing to handle the workplace drama
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the YMCA because of the policies and procedure of the association. YMCA Child Care encourages the physical, mental and social development of children and I really like it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the centre I was at everyone was welcoming. Did become stress full with some children that went their, and with the lack of staff they had at my centre.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is an experiencial flow of peaks and plateaus of learning. I learned the importance of transitional phases in children's play and development. Management is well organized and regularly directly involved in the everyday of childcare activity. The hardest part of the job is the continuation of the childcare programming amidst the occasionally fluctuating funding and staff change over. The most enjoyable part of the job is facilitating the development of children through educative activities.
benefit of membership to YMCA
staffing shortages
Munkahelyi kultúra
The position of counselor in training provided well rounded experience and is recommended for anyone willing to make a commitment and looking for an engaging summer job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is a fun, upbeat job that requires patience and willing to be responsible. The YMCA is a very supportive workplace that allows the guests and staff to feel comfortable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balance here is great. Never had an issue with taking a day off or working remotely. I think the most difficult thing to deal with is the typical not-for-profit life. Low salary and limited resources. You have to try and make do with what you have, which isn't always a bad thing, but it would be nice to make a little bit more. Otherwise, everyone is incredibly friendly and every day goes well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
supervise children, plan activities, daily reports. Overall a very fun place to work. Field trips every week, and all summer. Help build children of the future, by setting up activities that focus on development.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My whole day was spent with the kids - crafting, building, playing sports, teaching games, having conversations and reaching out to parents as needed. I took care of their nutritional needs, made sure they got to class, talked through anything that was on their minds and did my best to make sure each child in my care felt like they were cared for and appreciated. I learned that I prefer relational management techniques and hard conversations in person. I worked very hard to make sure all staff under my supervision felt heard and supported. The workplace culture was friendly, enthusiastic and playful. The hardest part was the long days and the exhaustion of being at work 12-14 hours a day five days a week but only getting paid for 8. The most enjoyable part was the relationships built with the kids and getting to experience their journeys with them as they grew and developed and learned.
Pro érvek
If full time, excellent benefits and great beginners salary.
Kontra érvek
Long Hours and no work/life balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at YMCA is one of my best part time job, I been working more than 5 years now as Playcare Youth Instructor , playing with kids is my passion so that I am so blessed to be a part of YMCA staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is pretty easy. I have learned a lot about customer service. Most enjoyable part is the people i work with. Hardest part is the workload that I am given with making Minimum Wage.
Easy Work
Bad Pay
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly one of the worst places I've ever worked, management is rude and play the blame game, staff never stop gossiping half the time the management join in. I've never hated working somewhere with every fiber of my being then I do working here.