Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Barrie, ON

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Barrie, ON28 értékelés
28 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 635 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you get a good manager everything is good, fun employees and everyday is something new. Did enjoy the time and dont regret it at all :) miss it sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is always a room for improvement. Y is a prominent place to experience variety of challenges and task. Y is the synonym for equality and mutual respect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place for a first job. Nice culture, great staff and members. Pay is not competitive at all, around half of any other gym/studio. Lots of classes to teach or cover, however preference for hours is given to unpaid volunteers versus staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working with YMCA, staff members are friendly, motivating and helpful. YMCA follows its motto and excellent customer services. Nice and cleaned environment
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day was run with meetings and contact various business for donations for the fund raising that we were doing on an annual basis, budget meetings and coming up with new and exciting events to help with volunteering and event planning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They Ymca is a great environment to learn and grow as an individual It’s an environment where you can be yourself and not be afraid to ask questions and great opportunities for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each day at work was always an adventure which is to be expected when working with children. Never the less always a very fulfilled and productive day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although the YMCA is to practice it's values I feel that this is forgotten in many instances. Not by all but by many key players within the organization unfortunately.
The YMCA gives so much to the community and is a great organization to work. There seems to be advancement for those who "follow" all the rules and unfortunately the ones that truly work hard and take pride in their work are forgotten.

It is an experience to work there most definitely and a work family is developed but advancement is not always there unfortunately.
Free membership
Lack of advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone in the building is super friendly and understanding, anytime I needed a day off for medical reasons there was no fuss, I got treated like an intelligent human being instead of a child, best place to work easily give it a 10/10
Pro érvek
Good hours, treated well, fair work
Kontra érvek
My job was a temporary job
Munkahelyi kultúra
I cleaned change rooms, washrooms, a gymnasium, racquetball courts, fitness areas and multi-purpose rooms. I also washed, dried, and folded towels.
I worked with great people and one of the people I met became a friend and later became my husband.

The hardest part of the job was working as a night cleaner while I was pregnant with my daughter due to the work being physically demanding - it was difficult to bend over towards the end - and some fatigue issues. When I came back to work after maternity leave it seems like I was always tired also from being up with the baby etc...That was the biggest challenge but that should in no way reflect badly on the job or the facility - it was not their fault.

I always like cleaning/laundry jobs and this was the third cleaning/laundry job that I did. I worked for two summer camps prior cleaning washrooms, cabins, and rec halls, doing a variety of other maintenance tasks as required and doing camper, staff, and kitchen laundry.

I really enjoy both cleaning and laundry - I can tangibly see the progress I make, I take pride in doing it well, and it is not mentally/emotionally draining.
Munkahelyi kultúra
this program is one that i found was very good at making sure that people that are ready for the workplace , anyone that was will to hire people . i really enjoy this program
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely an amazing program. It has made me the person I am today. Very confident individual positive outlook. very inspirational recommended highly.
confidence, postive outllook
n/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great opportunity working with the YMCA in their youth quest program in Ontario. I have now moved to Quebec but I have gained many valuable transferable skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Long hours, irregular work schedules, some managers need to retire or learn how to better coach and support direct reports. Members and staff are usually great and building relationships is the key to the Y approach. Rewarding work if you enjoy people and working with kids and diverse populations.
Pro érvek
Benefits are good if you can secure full time work. Salary not ideal - hourly is the way to go!
Kontra érvek
Not any place close to market value to comparitive work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a decent place to work if you have the schooling necessary to get paid more than the bare minimum, the hours are random and can change on a dime everyday. A few of my coworkers even go on EI over the summer because there isnt enough work for everyone when school is out. There is no to minimal benefits and then can and will change the wording of your work contract to not give you benefits The women whom I work with sometimes can be petty and weild any small amount of power they have over the lesser folks. Some of them are the nicest people I have every met but most will ignore you. You can and will be fired at the slightest thing done wrong as it is childcare and will be investigated for the slightest mishap even if you haven't had the proper training.
One good thing is seeing the kids smiles when you've made up an activity and they all love it. It almost makes it all worth it.
Pro érvek
Freedom to control what you do.
Random hours, low pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA wasn't always considered a "job" until I started lifeguarding. Before lifeguarding I was apart of the Child & Youth Programs team where I was constantly entering my childish side where I got to be playful with the kids while providing them with a responsible role model. I could not consider it a job because I loved it so much. Now that I lifeguard my job seems more serious with people's lives in my hands as I constantly must remain focused and attentive to patrons in the swimming pool and on deck. This goes to say that I work with an incredible team and being apart of team is such a welcoming feeling. I love the YMCA, and I love working for a non-profit organization!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great program with fun coworkers. Helping me develop myself as a person and as a professional businessman.
Always fun with lots of trips and short hours but full pay which helps a lot. Great place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Extremely positive experience that taught me a lot about the sort of behind the scenes work that the staff does at YMCA Youth Services. All staff members are very friendly and the building has a very laid back attitude.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One big happy family, coworkers are willing to help each other out and share tips and ideas. This job helped expand my skills working with variety of ages and experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Childcare provider for school age and kindergarten children
Plan and implement age appropriate activities that will enhance the children’s emotional, social, physical and cognitive development

Work one on one with children as needed

Teach children life skills

Communicate with parents and fellow staff

Designate Supervisor

Help with scheduling for lunches for staff

Office Filing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing work place with good co workers. Good hours and a nice managment team.