YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 21 573 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
It's okay
Counselor/Assistant Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, július 11.
It's a good place start for those interested in working with children and adolescents. You can learn and grow bonding with the children. Teachers and staff can be helpful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good and important work done for comunity
Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, TN2018, július 11.
it was an unpaid internship, helped with an after school program for troubled youth. sometimes it was difficult but was able to manage work, maintaining a social life, and full time college classes. important work done for the betterment of the lives of those i worked with.
free dinner
Easy and Friendly environment
Maintenance (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mountain Lakes, NJ2018, július 11.
The management is great real flexible on hours.
Have to be willing to work on the weekends!
The hardest part of the job is maintaining the pool.
Free membership included
Good Beginner Job
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oswego, NY2018, július 11.
This was my first job, I enjoyed it because it was seasonal when I wasn't focused on high school or college studies. I worked there for several years interacting with elementary students and taking them into the community on field trips. It was a fun relaxing job that allowed me to construct schedules and activities with other counselors.
fun
If I could give less than 1 star I would
Kidstop Aide (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rapid City, SD2018, július 11.
Very unprofessional work environment, very unorganized, management was a joke, you were constantly out of the loop, they were already understaffed but everyone kept quitting because they were a terrible company to work for, so you were over worked doing the work of 3 people just to compensate.
Good first job
Referee (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS2018, július 11.
This was a pretty good place for my first job. I do not really have any complaints it was a high school kid first job. Nothing more nothing less. All I did was watch little kids
Great Family Environment
Middle School After School Site Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Apex, NC2018, július 11.
Each day is new and exciting. The staff is always friendly and helpful. No matter what goes on each day is enjoyable. Some days can be a bit busy but generally handled very well.
great
Counselor in Training (CIT) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sandwich, MA2018, július 11.
I love the YMCA camp, I had so much fun going there as a child and when i finally got to work there as a CIT i had the best 4 weeks of my life hanging out with my cabin and making all new friends
Amazing place to work!
Soccer Referee (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia City, IN2018, július 11.
I truly loved every second of it! It was a great way to be able to talk to the communities youth as well as be able to make money to support myself. I loved it
Munkahelyi kultúra
Could be a great place to work if everyone was on the same page.
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, július 11.
A typical day did not exist. Every day was different. Management in each of the different departments did not have a clear understanding of how the department should be run since the overall mission of each department would change on a monthly basis. The YMCA in theory is / was a great place to work as it provides people that are not financially able to afford a product such as what the YMCA provides a chance to have access to that type of thing. It can be a great family center. The down side is that the YMCA is still stuck in a very old fashioned mind set, and as much as they say they would like to change to compete with current programming from competitors, their actions speak otherwise, and management isn't knowledgeable enough to see that.

I'm sure that not all YMCA's are like this, as just in the case of the area this YMCA was in, every single YMCA functions completely different.

Workplace culture came off initially as relaxed, fun, and exciting however, became very cutthroat and backstabbing from other coworkers. Hardest part of the job wasn't the job itself but managing all of the nuances of the other employees around you so that you made sure you didn't get thrown under the buss. Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help others, and work with people in a way that you saw a real difference being made in their lives. THAT, is what it should have been about at the YMCA. Not the other nonsense.
Great workplace
Aquatic Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Surrey, BC2018, július 10.
Daily work consisted of relationship building with members and staff.
In charge of departmental staffing, budgeting, workplace environment for +60 staff.
Productive, fun, easy going
Youth Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, július 10.
At this job, I would supervise the behavior of students ranging from 6th-8th grade. It was occasionally difficult to manage the behavior because we would constantly tell the students on how they should behave. But, at the same time it was a fun environment because I enjoyed communicating with the children. I even managed to help one of the students with their bullying problems. Personally, it was a great experience for me because she mentioned that I changed her life significantly.
Free snack, good management
no breaks, no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
The kind of place that makes you feel like a piece of trash
Maintenance (Volt alkalmazott) –  Skaneateles, NY2018, július 10.
While working at this YMCA, I set up a recording system for maintenance stock, because our manager regularly ordered too much of some supplies while ordering not enough of others. I did a 6 month analysis which concluded with a financially feasible way to order supplies without shortage or overage, and both my supervisor and my supervisor's supervisor neglected to even consider it. The maintenance crew were scheduled in shifts of two at a time, however often expected to do 4 people's worth of work. My co-worker was working slow one day because his grandmother died and he was depressed. Our supervisor told him that he needed to separate the "personal from the professional." Other employees expected maintenance to clean their work space, although regulations state clearly that they need to pick up their own work spaces. They wasted bad. Before me, they were just throwing away the lost and found. I cleaned the good stuff and donated them. After I left, I think they went back to throwing it in the dumpster. They have recycling services, but I was the only maintenance member separating and bagging the paper to be recycled. That YMCA is a joke. I won't ever work there again.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
entitled consumers, entitled managers, entitled employees, no communication, no respect, can't make a difference
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work if starting an entry level position
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, július 10.
This is a great place to work if you want to learn how to personal train. You will more education and hands on experience in a fun and relaxed environment.
Loved the kids
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clayton, NC2018, július 10.
This job allowed me to meet new people and get to work with all different age groups. I loved getting to know everyone and taking field trips. Was an awesome experience.
You Need Passion
Leadership and Conferencing Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oregonia, OH2018, július 10.
So the Y is a nonprofit origination so the pay is horrible. I make $470/week plus overtime. One issue is that my overtime is 1/2 time, not time and a half. The management at my Y is horrible. The culture is a lazy self serving culture. Very few people go out of their way to help on another. This does not reflect the Y as a whole, only my place of employment.
Fun Work Place
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR & MARKETING DIRECTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, július 10.
Typical day at work would be checking in with my team at the front desk following up with all members interested in membership or any of our programs setting up appointments for tours. Going over marketing strategies for the day.
Pro érvek
Great team and family enviroment
Short Breaks
I love the YMCA
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Catharines, ON2018, július 10.
Its fun to work at the Y-M-C-A. They recruitment staff are fantastic and my coworkers were so great. I would definitely go back in the future. Hopefully full time this time.
Positives and Negatives
Association Compliance Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Grand Rapids, MI2018, július 10.
There are some real positives about working for the Y (free memberships, amazing retirement and vacation time, etc) however the leadership and culture of the Y are miserable. It can have a toxic affect on your work life.
ymca is great
Member Services (Volt alkalmazott) –  Binghamton, NY2018, július 10.
YMCA is great part time job I would recommend it to any one and if you are an employee you get free membership. Great for family on budget and still have job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van