YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 22 347 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
okay
Site Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, szeptember 10.
The job is awesome the pay is horrible. not much room for advancement unless you stick with them for many years but when you have a family and have to pay bills it will take a long time to advance.
Great Experience!
Aquatics Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, szeptember 10.
I started as a life guard / swim instructor, I worked my way up to aquatics director. I also received several certifications that allowed me to train lifeguards 7 instructors through the American Red Cross
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work environment
Membership Service Representative/ Night Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saraland, AL2018, szeptember 10.
Loved this place! The management was laid back and the atmosphere was friendly. I would recommend this workplace for anyone needing a part time job. Five stars!
Workplace Culture
Associate Director of Membership and Programs (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Warminster, PA2018, szeptember 10.
I have never worked in a more positive and supportive workplace. My team mates were always there for me, whether is was another full-time staff or someone working part-time. I had friends across all of the departments, so we truly felt as a family and there was no feeling of separation. My one concern was how much work kept getting piled on to my everyday tasking and it was all too much for just one person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work.
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montgomery, AL2018, szeptember 10.
Me and my coworker would come in early to set up snack. Kids would come in eat snack then do homework. We'd do fun activities and go to the playground or gym. We gave the kids an incentive, if they behaved for two weeks straight they would get a treat. For the holidays we threw them mini parties. We made our work experience fun and the kids enjoyed it a lot.
The kids were amazing.
Kontra érvek
Pay sucked. our site manager was always late
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed, fun part-time summer job
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norcross, GA2018, szeptember 10.
Worked as a lifeguard. One indoor pool that was never too crowded, so I was never in much stress about having to save anyone. Days with camp was challenging but entertaining. Also gave swim lessons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great part-time or temporary summer work.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Palestine, TX2018, szeptember 10.
This summer working for the YMCA as a lifeguard has been a wonderful experience. I’ve taught over 100 students in swimming and watched them advance from blowing bubble to swimming across the pool with proper technique. I’ve been on stand on busy days near maximum capacity and had slow days with 20 people in the water.
Active YMCA membership while employed
Kontra érvek
On busy days, short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Provide a safe enviroment for kids
Youth Action (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Welland, ON2018, szeptember 10.
Employees loss your documents. They don't pay you on time sometimes. Will suspend you because they lost your health a safety. Shift is only 2 hours. Job its self is fun. You get to play games with the kids. You basically get to be a big kid for 2 hours.
Great Place to Work
Front Desk (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Erie, PA2018, szeptember 10.
This is an overall great place to work. The hardest part about the job is answering questions to people that come in to the facility or call over the phone that you do not have the full answer to because it is not provided to you yet. They are making a lot of positive changes to the facilities across the county. Everyone in the workplace is very genuine and kind and makes you feel apart of a family.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Un sitio maravillosso
Voluntario (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Valladolid, Valladolid provincia2018, szeptember 10.
Un gran voluntariado que hace un gran trabajo con niños y adultos. Muchas facilidades para los participantes y los trabajadores/voluntarios. Un ambiente fantástico entre todos.
Volunteer Job, good experience
health and fitness advisor volunteer, started (Volt alkalmazott) –  London2018, szeptember 10.
It was a great opportunity to get involved in the fitness area, focusing in customer engagement and cub assistance.
The facility was great, which offered a great platform to train clients.
It was great to finally start engaging with members in the gym floor and finally develop the skills to transform them in to potential clients.
Pro érvek
Discount some of the courses.
No payment
Munkahelyi kultúra
open and relaxed environment, with cautious attitudes
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbus, GA2018, szeptember 10.
The YMCA has helped me socialize, and collide with others. All the way from having a good time, to completely being in a focused demeanor to either help a member, or co-worker when needed.
solid break, comfortable workplace
being short-handed
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Worst Job Experience of my Life.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Whittier, CA2018, szeptember 9.
The only good thing about this place were the fellow guards. Everything else was awful. Management was terrible. Pay was abysmal. If you tried to patrol on deck, you would be harassed and heckled for "Turning your back on members," when there would be another lifeguard able to watch said members. We were constantly understaffed, leaving our scanning zones way too large and giving us a massive delayed reaction time. No one was allowed to sit in the tower unless there were 3 guards, which hardly happened. You were hardly even allowed to sit down in general, and if you did, again you were heckled and harassed by management or the swim instructors. We were never informed of where our trauma bag was, nor what our EAP (Emergency Action Plan) would be. Since we weren't allowed to patrol, there was never any way to tell if a member on the other side of the pool was passively drowning or had hurt themselves. Sometimes we were so understaffed Swim Instructors had to come out and guard and jump back in the water once their class had come, leaving only one guard (often myself) to guard the entire pool, along with the spa and therapy pool. We were never given rotations, so often you would be left standing in one spot for up to 3 or 4 hours before someone would ask if you wanted to switch spots. If you tried to take a 15 or 30 minute break after 3-6 hours of work that wouldn't be possible, since we were so poorly staffed and needed the guards to watch the pool. Ego ran high amongst some in management, and often you felt threatened and intimidated by those in management. Sometimes management  több... was nowhere to be found, and we would never be told about when things such as Family Swim or Lane Swim would be occuring, we would just be told randomly. Overall my experience working as Lifeguard at the YMCA was horrendous and I would never have anyone suffer the tortuous summer I went through. The idea that anyone would want to make a career out of this place boggles the mind.  kevesebb
Good fellow Guards.
Kontra érvek
Terrible management, understaffed, horrible efficiency.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  McCook, NE2018, szeptember 9.
We always had fun with swimming lessons! It was all good, watching kids swim, making sure no one drown. The people are nice and it was just a great place altogether!
Relaxing
Coworkers could be rude
childcare fitness
Administrative Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Corry, PA2018, szeptember 9.
multi-task
customer service
banking
training/hiring/firing
flexible/41 days pto
working with the public-from babies to seniors
teamwork
family orientated
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and enjoyed my time helping out.
Volunteer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cambridge, ON2018, szeptember 9.
I enjoyed spending my hours at the YMCA, it was nice of them to allow me to stay and help out the kids after finishing my lifeguard lessons. I would love to attend places where I can help out there just like I did at the YMCA.
Pro érvek
Relatable and easy going.
Needed more hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and lively place to work
Child Watch Staff (Volt alkalmazott) –  Perry, OK2018, szeptember 9.
working at the YMCA is great for young people trying to get work experience. Working in Child Watch, I learned a lot about kids, and I am more prepared for my future life.
Ultimately Frustrating
Music Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Puyallup, WA2018, szeptember 9.
Frustrating with the staff, not the kids.
The kids were very much a delight.
Frustrating for reasons including
miscommunication,
lack of support when offering input,
deliberately under-employed,
and educational procedure with parents and students
N/A
N/A
Fun times, Low pay
Maintenance (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2018, szeptember 9.
I really enjoyed my time working at the YMCA. I filled a pretty broad range of roles and responsibilities while I was there but I never failed to have fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
friendly and supportive work enviorment
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Merrimack, NH2018, szeptember 9.
it was very friendly environment to work it was stressful but worth it we made bonds with one another that will last lifetimes and friends we never thought we could have. we also got the opportunities to change peoples lives forever as well as getting certified for different things.
cpr certifacations
seasonal
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van