YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 21 522 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
The kind of place that makes you feel like a piece of trash
Maintenance (Volt alkalmazott) –  Skaneateles, NY2018, július 10.
While working at this YMCA, I set up a recording system for maintenance stock, because our manager regularly ordered too much of some supplies while ordering not enough of others. I did a 6 month analysis which concluded with a financially feasible way to order supplies without shortage or overage, and both my supervisor and my supervisor's supervisor neglected to even consider it. The maintenance crew were scheduled in shifts of two at a time, however often expected to do 4 people's worth of work. My co-worker was working slow one day because his grandmother died and he was depressed. Our supervisor told him that he needed to separate the "personal from the professional." Other employees expected maintenance to clean their work space, although regulations state clearly that they need to pick up their own work spaces. They wasted bad. Before me, they were just throwing away the lost and found. I cleaned the good stuff and donated them. After I left, I think they went back to throwing it in the dumpster. They have recycling services, but I was the only maintenance member separating and bagging the paper to be recycled. That YMCA is a joke. I won't ever work there again.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
entitled consumers, entitled managers, entitled employees, no communication, no respect, can't make a difference
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work if starting an entry level position
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, július 10.
This is a great place to work if you want to learn how to personal train. You will more education and hands on experience in a fun and relaxed environment.
Loved the kids
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clayton, NC2018, július 10.
This job allowed me to meet new people and get to work with all different age groups. I loved getting to know everyone and taking field trips. Was an awesome experience.
You Need Passion
Leadership and Conferencing Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oregonia, OH2018, július 10.
So the Y is a nonprofit origination so the pay is horrible. I make $470/week plus overtime. One issue is that my overtime is 1/2 time, not time and a half. The management at my Y is horrible. The culture is a lazy self serving culture. Very few people go out of their way to help on another. This does not reflect the Y as a whole, only my place of employment.
Fun Work Place
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR & MARKETING DIRECTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, július 10.
Typical day at work would be checking in with my team at the front desk following up with all members interested in membership or any of our programs setting up appointments for tours. Going over marketing strategies for the day.
Pro érvek
Great team and family enviroment
Short Breaks
I love the YMCA
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Catharines, ON2018, július 10.
Its fun to work at the Y-M-C-A. They recruitment staff are fantastic and my coworkers were so great. I would definitely go back in the future. Hopefully full time this time.
Positives and Negatives
Association Compliance Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Grand Rapids, MI2018, július 10.
There are some real positives about working for the Y (free memberships, amazing retirement and vacation time, etc) however the leadership and culture of the Y are miserable. It can have a toxic affect on your work life.
ymca is great
Member Services (Volt alkalmazott) –  Binghamton, NY2018, július 10.
YMCA is great part time job I would recommend it to any one and if you are an employee you get free membership. Great for family on budget and still have job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun up beat place to work at
Volunteer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Port Richey, FL2018, július 10.
It was a nice place to volunteer because you get to spend time with kids all day and really enjoy what you do. There is a lot of variability with this job which keeps you on your toes in the best of ways.
Great job for students
Youth Development Leader II (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, július 10.
I worked for the YMCA for about 3 years and they were always flexible with my school schedule and very understanding about other commitments. I got to interact with hundreds of kids over the years and the relationships you build with the children and their families are great. The staff are usually young and in college so as a student, it was a very comfortable environment to work in. Overall a great experience!
Free Gym
Kontra érvek
Early morning or afternoon/evening shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
very hands on, requires a lot of psychical activity
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Southington, CT2018, július 10.
This job will teach you good communication skills and you will improve your ability to collaborate with others and work as a team. The management at YMCA Camp Sloper is great because they are friendly very easy to talk to.
Pro érvek
Good hours and weekends off
Fun work environment
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2018, július 10.
I love kids and was just starting out in college so this job was perfect. The hours were flexible with my classes, the staff was friendly and the Y is a very respectable company.
Pro érvek
flexible schedule, weekends off, school and government holidays off
Kontra érvek
not enough hours, not great pay
fantastic place to work.
Site Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, július 10.
I loved working at the YMCA, they were organized and I loved to working with children's and able to give them opportunity to development the self esteem .
Not for Profit
Maintenance Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orillia, ON2018, július 10.
The YMCA is a culture you enjoy or hate as it is not for profit the pay scale for non management staff is low if your a people person ths is a great place to work with lots of advancement
Great Culture
Low Pay Scale
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place with many different options to work from
Summer Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sycamore, IL2018, július 10.
As my time as a summer camp counselor, I worked with every single age range of children, from kindergarten to middle school. Every day was a new day of fun activities and things that we could decide to do as both a staff team and a camp team.
Love this place!!!
Day Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2018, július 10.
I honestly enjoy working at the BedStuy YMCA, the staff are cool and friendly and most of the parents are approachable. I would recommend this job to others, although there are many rules, it is worth it.
Pro érvek
very nice management, loving childrent
rachet parents
Its a fun place
SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elk River, MN2018, július 10.
it is a fun place to work... there's always something going on and there is such a variety of jobs through the Y that if you don't particularly like one you can always move internally to another. Good work team atmosphere and great members around you everyday.
Pro érvek
Fun people, flexible schedule, working with kids
Kontra érvek
odd hours (morning and evening), low pay for the task
chill
Womens' Plus Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  stc2018, július 9.
lots of walking around and maintenance but the actual job isnt hard just gotta get used to naked people being everywhere other than that its fine pplsss
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was one of the worst jobs i've had.
Teacher Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Galesburg, IL2018, július 9.
Overall this job has caused me so much stress due to people not pulling their weight and because of the actions of other employees. There was always something wrong with me and many of the other employees treated me due to my age and job position. I learned how to do lesson planning and how to run a classroom by myself.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work if you have more than one source of income and like children.
Child Care Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mill Creek, WA2018, július 9.
While the people working at the YMCA are incredible people, if you are a new employee coming in you have to understand that it is a nonprofit so you may struggle until you can get to a wage that is actually livable in your area, even working full-time. If you like children then it is a great place to work!
free membership
short breaks
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van