YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 17 727 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
Difficult to please others and hard to form relationships with coworkers
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Taylorsville, NC2017, december 6.
This job was fun because it was an instructing job, but they really paid you as low as possible. It was discouraging because the manager never told you if you did a good job, but if you did a bad job, they grilled you out on it. Not much positive reinforcement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great place to work
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2017, december 6.
A great place to work for the single/non-dependent. The Y has helped me advance in certain areas. When is comes to the ground work of the Y i feel that wasn't a place for me.
Kontra érvek
Not a good place to advanc
n/a
Behavior Strategist assistant (part-time) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pembroke Pines, FL2017, december 6.
On a typical day at work from 2 to 6 pm, I performed any combination of the following: assist in educating children with autism/ADD by performing a variety of specialized learning techniques, communication strategies, applied behavioral activities to help with there need.
I learned lot through my time at the Y a lot, for instance I learned in first-hand different traits of behavior.
For management, I monitored progress in identified areas, recorded appropriate data regarding behavioral information; assisted in care for child’s physical and self- help needs, at the end of the day
I reported to my supervisor.
the hardest part of the job is not having much time on a part time schedule to know your the children.
The most enjoyable is knowing I am helping a child improve in their behavior.
Great part-time job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, AL2017, december 6.
This is a great place to get started as a lifeguard or swim instructor since they have an indoor pool and you can work year-round. You will not be able to work full-time, so it's just a side job. The atmosphere probably varies from one facility to another but my Y is professional yet laid-back. No unnecessary stress but we are expected to act like professionals, work, and get the job done. Other than that, we can swim or work out on breaks and basically enjoy what we do.
Family-Friendly environment
Co-Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Florida2017, december 6.
Co-workers were friendly and nice
Children were a joy and eager to play or do arts and crafts
Manager was a easy to approach and caring individual
Enjoyed the children and interacting with parents and other members
Enjoyed planned and organizing special events for the chlidren
Best College Job
Baltimore, MD United States (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2017, december 6.
Worked with the Y of 10 years. It was a great college job, taught me a lot about customer service and the importance of community service.

I learned that the Y has a very wonderful workplace culture
Fun
Membership Service Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, december 6.
Greet Guest? Show them how YMCA is a great fit in their lives. Take guest on tours of the facilitates. Engage in the children activities and have fun doing it.
Super fun
Lead Teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Redding, CA2017, december 6.
I was the lead teacher of up to 35 Junior high students. They were a lot of fun. I helped them with homework and I created sports and artistic activities to keep them busy. I did all supervising and parental communications at the end of the day.
workplace
Assistant Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Clemente, CA2017, december 5.
I enjoy my job it was really fun. I enjoy my time at the ymca because i wanted to make a difference in a child life. but now it is more stressful and unappreciated.
Pro érvek
flexibility making new friends arts and crafts field trips
Kontra érvek
bad pay management was poor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Family oriented place of work.
Facilitator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia Beach, VA2017, december 5.
I enjoyed working with both the military and non- military family. I always felt appreciated and accepted. A typical day at work was starting with children laughing and having fun.
Pro érvek
Feeling very respected and appreciated.
Kontra érvek
No benefits for part time worker.
Enrichment for younger gerenration
Afterschool Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, december 5.
Helps develop character for the younger generation. Teaches truth, faith, responsibility, and accountability. Fun place for children after-school. Children learn to socialize with all ethnic groups.
Pro érvek
serves healthy lunch and snacks.
short lunch breaks.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy going place to work, just keep up with job duties
Maintenance Staff (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salem, OR2017, december 5.
Great place to work, easy to manage job duties, good staff. Calm and collective people to work with. Fantastic place to work to get experience in other jobs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid- back, but difficult to stay for a career
Part-time Site Supervisor/AM Fitness Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chula Vista, CA2017, december 5.
I learned a lot from the YMCA and it was fun while it lasted, but I decided to leave because of the low ceiling or positions and all the countless "required" meetings that just seemed to repeat themselves and try to wring out every last cent from the employee to "give back to the community", instead of using that money to pay employees better and keep employees happy. daily work life was comfortable, but there was always a threat to get "written up" for things that seemed out of your control. I gained a lot of patience with the YMCA and it was fun while it lasted.
Pro érvek
fun environment, meet great personalities
Kontra érvek
bad pay, no benefits, no vacation hours, countless meetings that seemed unnecessary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked around pools and patrons of many cultures
Downtown Boise - Lifeguard / Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2017, december 5.
Large amount of time spent around and in water, practicing CPR and utilization methods for the AED. Constantly scanning pools, always prepared for an emergency
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Certain co workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
extremely stressful and terrible managment
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Canandaigua, NY2017, december 5.
it was hectic from the moment you walked in to the moment you left, the benefit of working there is I grew a lot of passion for people and there overall well being, work culture varied from which department you were in, hardest part of the job was dealing with displeased parents and explaining to parents why something happened or how it did most enjoyable part was seeing all the kids having a great time running around and playing
little to no breaks
Great place to work/intern
Program Development and Youth & Government Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2017, december 5.
I worked with a few different supervisors within my time here so that kept everything lively for me, I bounced around from different projects, some times working on more than 1 a a time. I got to witness the fruits of my labor directly and the people I work with, along with the people of the community are great!
A Great Place to Work Overall
Senior Legal Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, december 5.
If this was not a great place to work I would not have been here for 16 years! I have stayed because this place has great benefits, great people and I love their sense of inclusion and diversity. I also would like to mention the GREAT work YMCAs do for communities across the country and the GLOBE!
Great benefits
Not many I can think of
cycling
Cycling Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Des Moines, IA2017, december 5.
I teach cycling part time to keep fit, have fun and mental benefits. Meet friends. This is my fun job. Not sure why this is even being critiqued? I am a reseptionist / secretary.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great part time college job!
After school care Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Angelo, TXSan Angelo2017, december 5.
Great job for college student just wanting some extra cash. It is a very easy job and very enjoyable. Working for the YMCA you get a free membership. If you ask I have 90% a time you get off. The supervisors are very understanding and caring. Would recommend working in the childcare to any young adult who enjoys children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An enjoyable place to work
Daycare Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, december 5.
A typical day at work consisted of providing children of different age groups with fun and educational activities. The YMCA was an enjoyable place to work because the children were very sweet, funny and affectionate. Working at the YMCA also provided me with experience on how to deal with children of all age groups and prepared me for a future career as a pediatric nurse

Átfogó minősítés