Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Teacher

325 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 663 értékelés megtekintése
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice kids and parents, management could use work.
Parents and kids are awesome, as well as the staff. Pre-school and afternoon teachers were all great people to work with.
Management is nice, but often uncoordinated. Work hours varied wildly. On full days (school holidays or closings) staff is expected to work up to 11 hours without any time for a lunch break, which is required by law. Thankfully only happens about 7 times during the school year.
Pro érvek
Awesome co-workers, parents, and children
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication between staff and management
Munkahelyi kultúra
-Overall it is a good way to learn are communication skills with children and adults. It was nice working with a team and coming up with weekly activities
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a fun working environment and it is a learning experience while working with young children.
My typical day at the Y is very welcoming and exciting to embark on a new journey with children every day. Each day there is something new to learn or a new skill that is learned.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the YMCA. We had a great environment and supportive team.
Working at the YMCA is great especially working with the children. For me it’s very challenging yet great way to start and gain experienced. I hope that one day, the company will provide benefits to the staff and besides it’s a short hours.
ymca
One get the work at 7 clean the rooms before the kids got there
Two I learned that all kids give a different experience in the daycare program.

Three management was good they where nice but it was annoying that we never had constant hours they always changed.

Four the culture of the Ymca is vary diverse many being that it is non profit it was able to accommodate many families schedules

Five hardest part of the Job is having large groups of kids lesson to you

Six most enjoyable part of working there is the kids
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Poor Management
Overall I really enjoyed and appreciate working with the families and most of the staff at the YMCA.
Management has alot to work on. Poor communication and training on how to properly care for children in a healthy environment is a MUST!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Glad I left!!!! Horrible management!!!!
Horrible management !!!! Favoritism and not even telling me my sons school nurse called for me because my son hit his head and they said to call when things settle down in the class room!!!! This was an emergency and they didn’t care about me or my son!!!!
N/a
N/a
2,0
Beware
I worked for many years but only saw managers taking away any added little extra benefits away. They would justify low pay by saying we offer extra benefits but over time you would loss them. They call full-time work working 35 hours a week part- time so they don’t have to give workers any benefits just retirement after working many years
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great chance and good experience
It was a good experience to help newcomers who came from different cultures and different educational levels.
YMCA staff was very helpful and encouraging
Disappointment
Working enviroment is fine n colleugues are good. But due to poor management from principal and CM is hard to work with , so this sch not worth to try.
Enviroment
Flavourism
Not worth the stress
The children and experienced staff make the job worthwhile. Not worth the pay and stress. Grossly underpaid. Flexibility is nice. And ability to work independently as a teacher without management telling you how to run your room and what to teach.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good place to work
I worked there for a year and if you struggle or need help good luck getting any. If you ask for help the management treats you poorly. It has the feeling of high school, cliquy and judgmental. Management sits in the office all day talking bad about employees constantly. They leave teachers with kids out of ratio and do nothing to help the teachers out except make them feel bad for not being able to handle many kids by yourself. I wouldn’t wish that place on my worst enemy.
Excelkent place to work
I have been with the y for 14 years. I started as a preschool teacher in my own classroom. Then went to floating in the classrooms. Then i became a teacher assistant in the school-age room. I got my cda in 2018 and became a full tine teacher in the preschool classroom. Where i enjoy working with preschoolers.
Transparant & Efficient
Thorough training and efficient onboarding.

Felt welcome and ready to serve youth as a summer school academic teacher.

Staff was warm and growth oriented.
Fun
Reclaim your family's health through healthier eating habits and an active lifestyle with a four month evidence-based program for children with excess weight. Awesome!
Fun work place
Its a good place to work, everyone is very friendly there. Get to work with kids in a safe environment. Make sure everyone is having a good time. Making sure everyone has a good time.
Great experience
I really learned at this job and had a great relationship with most of my co-workers. I would go back and work for them. The kids also made the work fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My over all experience was incredible and I wish I didn’t have to leave.
Working at the ymca has to be one of my favorite jobs. At the time I started working there I also had difficulty’s going on in my family. We also only shared one vehicle so it was really hard trying to get there on time, so because of that I had to quit. I didn’t want to at all I just had no choice with my mom working at a hospital and my dad a truck driver plus 3 others that need to get to places. Everyone there was super nice the kids were such a joy to be around. I got to teach them a lot of new things and they really enjoyed my company as well, however I do have my own car now and I’m looking for a job similar to the ymca, because I’m not sure if I can reapply there or not. Over all my experience was incredible and I miss it so much.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The main reason I left the YMCA was due to management. They didn't seem to care much about their employees. But overall the job was fun and the children and staff I worked with were very fun.
Kids are excellent
The kids is the best part of this job. I loved being a teacher it’s something I have always enjoyed. It can be stressful with the lack of communication and with the director at the YMCA aim office not buying everything that’s needed. Most of the materials we needed for a project was paid out of pocket. And most the time you don’t get that cash back it’s out of your own pocket from my experience.
Pro érvek
Works with college schedule, the kids
Low hours, pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Has some major pros and cons
Very good benefits (12 percent retirement contribution, lots of PTO, health insurance), but depending on your position, the pay can terrible and yearly merit increases are laughably small.
Free Y membership, good benefits
Kontra érvek
Lousy pay, very stressful depending on department
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés