Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Teacher

325 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 673 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice kids and parents, management could use work.
Parents and kids are awesome, as well as the staff. Pre-school and afternoon teachers were all great people to work with.
Management is nice, but often uncoordinated. Work hours varied wildly. On full days (school holidays or closings) staff is expected to work up to 11 hours without any time for a lunch break, which is required by law. Thankfully only happens about 7 times during the school year.
Pro érvek
Awesome co-workers, parents, and children
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication between staff and management
Great place to build Child Development Career
It is the best place to begin your career with children. They are very flexible with your schedule. You learn a lot of things and gain much knowledge from others.
Great
Nice people, good supervisors who make you feel more equal than inferior. Good hours for the work I do; a community committed to the success of others (which makes you feel you are doing something meaningful)
Bueno
Es bueno, solo falta un poco de organización, pero siempre me trataron bien como empleado. No tengo más nada que acotar
Was a great experience
Working at the YMCA taught me Christian values family values the lack of a job and going and doing things for the children and other people and not just for yourself
Family
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s worst place to work
Demanding directors and
weak leadership.

They pay less than any child care.

They have unfair work system.

My advice is to stay away from this company.

Unfriendly environment.

I had a bad experience working with this company over all.

I don't recommend it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the management of the ESL at the YMCA was weak
The management team at the YMCA did not train nor motivate the teachers. Teachers were just expected to show up and to do the classes. Any information on the students - their ages, their English ability, their learning styles, etc would have been very useful.
Pro érvek
Basic teaching materials, well-lit classrooms, sound-proof classrooms, decent class size.
Kontra érvek
The management of this program gave the teachers no reviews, no guides.
Preschool
The YMCA is good place to work. Very accommodating with your schedule. Parents are very friendly. The facility is very safe. The hours of the center are respectable to someone having a family.
Job
I was working for the Ymca for 20 years. We always had leaders who respected us and appreciated our work. However, when management changed 6 years ago, everything changed. They has no respect for teachers and does not value us. We lost many teachers and parents as well.
great starer job
It is a wonderful place to start out at. They hire 14 and 15 year old's with workers permits and always happy for more employees. There is so many opportunity at the YMCA.
Teacher
The YMCA is for someone looking for experience in childcare. It may fit well as a long term job for some. The pay doesn't match the amount of work or employee experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They expect a lot but don’t give much in return
Good place to work if you’re in school and don’t need a full-time job with many hours or decent pay. Otherwise, I’d recommend working elsewhere for any kind of decent pay/hours/commitment. There’s a lot of commitment involved with very little recognition and low pay, and it’s a fight for hours. Not to mention, you’re likely working a split shift if you work in a school Y.

I like my boss and my colleagues, but the second I can find another job with decent pay, I’m out.
Nice people
Kontra érvek
Split shifts, not many hours, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not recommend working at the Y
The Y was a kinship organization, like being back in middle or high school. Very clickish and unprofessional. The only ones who got promoted were the people who made close friends with management or were kissing their butts. A toxic place to work.
Working with kids
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA had many resources which allowed children to explore and grow.
Working at the YMCA, allowed me to experience the joy of witnessing a children develop his or her self-esteem. . By being a teacher, I had the necessary tools to aid in the development of encouraging a high level of self-esteem and build confidence within the child. Once, a child has developed confidence in his or herself they believe nothing is obtainable. I was grateful that management allowed me to give the children the necessary tools to help aid in their growth.The bitter sweet moment was seeing my kids transition out of the program.
Fun place to work
The people I worked with were very nice. I really liked teaching the little kids to swim and helping them get over being afraid. The best part of my job was seeing the kids learning not to be scared in the water and being able to make it to the other side of the pool on their own.
great environment
Kontra érvek
sometimes the kids could be difficult
Enjoyed my time
I volunteered there for a little more than a year and had no complaints. There was nothing to complain about. I recommend it to anyone who wants volunteer hours.
2,0
Lack of communication and Profeesionalism
Please make sure you get a good vibe with directors because the poor communication and lack of professionalism took over being in a satisfying workplace. I have never had to go to two different people about one day off because the two directors at ymca could not collab about their staff members. Make sure everything is written on paper and signed or it will backlash. I would not reconvene working at the ymca affiliates with Kipp or wit
Would recommend
Overall good place to work. However, as a supply you don't have guaranteed hours and they can call you last minute which can be bummy if you have made plans thinking you weren't working. Work itself is fun, you literally play with kids all day and help them grow/develop. Supervisors are really nice and encourage you in different ways.
free lunches, full 1 hour lunch, play all day
Kontra érvek
split shifts, hours not guranteed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Got to play games with kids and had awesome coworkers.
I worked at the Ketchum, Idaho YMCA for three summers as a highschool and college student. I was an enrichment teacher through their Power Scholars academy camp during the summer. I taught the kids how to have fun and how to work as a group.
Abbott teacher
The Trenton YMCA is a horrible place to work management and HR have no clue as to what they are doing and turn a blind eye to what goes on. For one the person who is supposed to be HR lives down south so when you need something no one knows anything and she never contacts you back the CEO let’s her make all the decisions for down south and she’s not even here. No one ever gets a raise . They are taking the money from preschool and using it for YMCA funding. it’s horrible.ever
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Paranoid culture and unfair place to work
I have worked for multiple YMCA's, and the experience is always the same. Everyone seems paranoid about what everyone else is doing. It doesn't make for a fun or relaxing place to work. No matter how hard you try or how qualified you are, there is no opportunity for advancement. Workers who are higher up will keep you down, despite your qualifications. Employees who have worked for the YMCA before are not acknowledged and are treated like they are just beginners. Newer or younger employees are favored, even if their performance and knowledge are less.There is not much respect to be had. I will never work at another YMCA again.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés